Thread: Awkmusiks Total War Reshade shots.

Default Awkmusiks Total War Reshade shots.

Below are my mostly overly artistic screenshots for Empire (So far).
    I can somewhat make playable reshades with usable user interfaces, but this these styles are more much fun to do some virtual "war" photography with, capturing those emergent moments etc. These are for a more cinematic mode during gameplay turned on with a hotkey in game.
    Last edited by awkmusik; May 17, 2024 at 08:45 AM.

Default Re: Awkmusiks Total War Reshade shots.

Ok so, I could format screenshots before long ago on forums, but having trouble now with the etiquette.

Dont think i have enough posts to edit on this account either.

If someone could enlighten me that would be lovely.

EDIT - Got it sorted.
    Last edited by awkmusik; May 17, 2024 at 08:40 AM.

Total War Empire with an oil/sketch/canvas effect through reshade.

Last edited by awkmusik; May 17, 2024 at 08:48 AM.

The First shot here uses an emulation of one of the first coloured analogue filmstocks, autochrome. The 2nd Is a stark monochrome filmstrip emulation, inspired by the film the lighthouse.

Last edited by awkmusik; May 17, 2024 at 08:49 AM.

A couple of oddly haunted and unsettling shots, almost a vintage filmic soviet era feeling to them.

Last edited by awkmusik; May 17, 2024 at 08:51 AM.

Went more for a traditioanl black and white war photography style with this shot, kind of ended up reminding me of the famous spanish civil war photo, the fallen soldier a little. Well in terms of the monochrome filmstock aesthetics and filmgrain at least.

The second was a reshade I got very close to a playable one, but the campaign looked really off with the same effects and i lost the Reshade preset file (The one time i didn't have the reshade setting set to save preset with screenshot too, so only rough versions of the preset still on my drive)

Last edited by awkmusik; May 17, 2024 at 09:08 AM.

More sketch and outline shaders in the first.
    Second I tried to create an effect of the souls being dragged out of the "men" in the shot, by creating a subtle drag up effect with a shader in reshade. (Csgravity shader)

Last edited by awkmusik; May 17, 2024 at 08:56 AM.

First shot is an arty crew, I thought it was kind of nice seeing a human element, for arguably the least "human" total war in terms of sound and visual design, in terms of the feeling that youre controlling real soldiers, reacting to their environment.

Second I accidentally creates a sorted of "primitive effect", like how an early native might capture it in their art. (Lots of artistic license here)

Last edited by awkmusik; May 17, 2024 at 09:01 AM.