Downloads: Smoke Everywhere! (v1.1 27 Jan 07)

Smoke Everywhere! (v1.1 27 Jan 07)

Uploaded by dearmad - December 15, 2006
Author Author Dearmad
File Size File Size 15.3 KB
Downloads Downloads 2,259
+ Download
Adds lots more smoke to the battlefield. This was harder to do than I thought it would be, but, now the smoke trails for burning things is longer (except arrows), and smoke explosion by a cannon hangs around a lot longer.

V1.1: Added in extended smoke for Muskets, inspired by Headlock's mod. Changed length of flaming arrow life on ground. Added in longer glow flame effect for various flaming projectile impacts.

Images

• Smoke Everywhere! (v1.1 27 Jan 07)

Comments

dearmad
December 15, 2006 at 11:07 PM
Oh, I tested this out on my 7950gt C2D rig... no slowdown... but if you're already pushing the limit of your rig's graphics, don't complain to me that this slows it down... Although I lowered overall particle emission the trails are 20-60x longer than before... so there will be some need for you to have a card that can handle particles well.
sera
December 16, 2006 at 01:51 AM
Looks sweet. Where do these files go?
dearmad
December 16, 2006 at 04:13 AM
The go in the data folder. But you need to run the game with a .bat file to activate input of on disk data files. It is described in the PAK tool in the patch.
ST0MPA
December 18, 2006 at 04:15 AM
Excellent work, need more musket smoke and let it linger more PLEASE!!!!!
Odie the King
January 09, 2007 at 01:12 PM
Ok, I must be reallly mod illiterate. I cant get these to work. I downloaded and installed the mod switcher mad easy 1.05...

its not as easy as 1,2,3.... there is some major concept I must lack.

Please someone tell me what it is.... the mode switcher states just put any modified file in here and viola!! come on ... there is more to it than that

I tried inserting these into the big Map mode and it doesnt work either. What Am I missing here??