Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Script ideas

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Script ideas

Just in case someone has ideas concerning the game play that will require scripting - post your ideas here and we (you, me and other interested members) will have a discussion how to implement your idea.

Default Re: Script ideas

So my idea is to make historical events that gives you hint what to do next. It's like your military advisor is advising you. For example when Liu Bei recruited Zhuge Liang, Zhuge Liang presented him the Longzhong Plan:
    So what do you think?

Blog Entries

I have recently dabbled with the missions and I think it should not be too difficult to give missions to an individual faction if certain conditions are met. The results can then be used to trigger further missions, all in the style of the council missions (for the glory of the Reich capture settlement xyz in 10 rounds - you will receive a zillion ducats if you are successful). I have done similar missions in 1648 and it has the big advantage that you can call up the position of a potential target at any time and the mission can be called up at any time during it's time limit. That would also mean that multiple missions should not cause confusion.
    Each mission can have it's own picture and individual text, making it more immersing.

The mission and the locator button

Calling up the mission as usual

Last edited by Gigantus; August 07, 2012 at 05:07 AM.

This would be cool if you it like this: You make script that spawns Zhuge Liang to Liu Bei's faction, that triggers the Longzhong Plan mission and Liu Bei will have some years to complete the mission, if the mission is complete player will be rewarded with lots of money and some oher things.

I also have another proposal: When player gets Emperor he can deside to Support the Han Empire or Use Emperor to become supreme ruler, if player chooses to become supreme ruler, he will become a target for the other warlords. Supporting the Han will not have signifisent bonuses, but becoming supreme ruler will have and if you play with faction that doesn't control the Emperor and Cao Cao or someone who doesn't like the Emperor controls the Emperor player will receive a secret mission from the Emperor to help him.

Centenarius
    American president, Spanish conquistador, Italian cartographer

You can script when a character historically dies, if they don't die beforehand. You can also include historical defections.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kong Ming View Post
    This would be cool if you it like this: You make script that spawns Zhuge Liang to Liu Bei's faction, that triggers the Longzhong Plan mission and Liu Bei will have some years to complete the mission, if the mission is complete player will be rewarded with lots of money and some oher things.

I also have another proposal: When player gets Emperor he can deside to Support the Han Empire or Use Emperor to become supreme ruler, if player chooses to become supreme ruler, he will become a target for the other warlords. Supporting the Han will not have signifisent bonuses, but becoming supreme ruler will have and if you play with faction that doesn't control the Emperor and Cao Cao or someone who doesn't like the Emperor controls the Emperor player will receive a secret mission from the Emperor to help him.
    Scripting of these missions and the "emperor effect" shouldn't be too difficult - it just needs a precise set of conditions (the who, what where and when )
    Quote Originally Posted by firey5 View Post
    You can script when a character historically dies, if they don't die beforehand. You can also include historical defections.
    It is not a problem to script a character's death at a certain point in time if you know the name of him. It does however has a negative effect if it is the player's character. It should then be restricted to AI controlled factions.
    Defections are a bit more tricky (but possible) as they require the character to get removed from play and spawned again - most likely at a different position. Accumulated traits and ancillaries and attached army will not be transferred in detail. Again the negative aspect if it happens to the player.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 07, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

Historical deaths and defections would be very cool.

I just have a few general suggestions. Some don't require scripting.

-4tpy
    -crossbows!!!
    -not based on the book (Forgot it's name in Chinese and English)
    -Area of Recruitment sort of like some other mods like Broken Crescent, Europa Barbarorum, etc etc etc
    -An event with the automatic crossbow that requires you to have certain requirements.

This is all I have for now. Good luck!

Blog Entries

I have opted for 12tpy - I am sure quite a few people will be interested in the role playing aspect of game: following missions, improving a character etc. And the best for this would be a 12 turn per year cycle. It also allows to spread events over monthly slots instead of having events from different months bunched up. I am not familiar enough with the historical part of the game, but I guess if the time span was good for roughly 100 TV episodes (not sure how many are the new version) - then I am sure we will find enough material to fill monthly turns.

Areas of recruitment were already in place to a limited extent in the original.

I will need to have more information on the 'automatic crossbow' to see if it will fit into the mod, period wise and realistically.

Here is some information about Zhuge Nu (The repeating crossbow) literally Zhuge crossbow:

The Chinese repeating crossbow, Zhuge Nu is a device with a simple design. The bow string consisted of animal sinew twisted into a cord of suitable strength. The maximum range of a Chinese repeating using a light bolt is about 120 meters and the effective range was about 60 meters. The small and light arrow of the comparatively weak Chinese crossbow had little penetrative power. For this reason the head of the arrow was sometimes dipped in poison, in order that a slight wound might prove fatal. It was very simple to use, you needed just to pull that lever. It had magazine of 10 bolts and all 10 bolts could be fired in 15 seconds. This version that has magazine of 10 bolts was invented by guess who: Zhuge Liang! The earlier version only had magazine of 3 bolts. Here is homemade version of Zhuge Nu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrR9wgDv2UA
    Last edited by Kong Ming; August 07, 2012 at 04:10 PM.

Actually Zhuge Liang improved upon the original design.

Anyways for regular Crossbowmen (Crossbow=Nu in Chinese) I think they should get the AP value while the Zhuge Nu should have a lower damage than a regular bowman but give them more ammo and firepower to balance it a little (You need careful balancing or else they are useless), also make them cost a little more.
    And also please don't give lots of units the guan dao, (Uncommon weapon during the 3 kingdoms) especially with the horsemen. Guan yu most likely used a halberd/ji.

This is my opinion, feel free to politely criticize.

Actually Zhuge Liang improved upon the original design.
    That i exactly what i said, It is widely know as Zhuge Nu in that period, because Zhuge Liang improved it.

Is it actually possible to fire multiple arrows at once with medieval engine? It works for cannons i think. but for crossbows? or maybe there is a way the engine sees it as siege machine but not one that can attack walls and such
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

Blog Entries

The animation can be accelerated to a certain limit before it looks ridiculous, but I am not sure if you can restrict it to the firing animation. And technical it wasn't at the same time, just rapid fire.

Oh, i didn't know
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

Blog Entries

No problem. I am going to consult some guys that have more experience in it to find out if it is possible to alter the animations in a way to have the repeating action. The thought here is whether the (to be implemented) repeated firing cycle will reduce the amount of projectiles available and whether the projectiles are actually going to be fired.

I'm excited! Can't wait. I have some ideas.........hopefully, they don't suck.

1. Barbarian invasions: The horseman from the north(forgot names) and the Souteast Asians.
    2. Units could have several formations with different strengths and weaknesses as this was a large part of the book especially with the Sima Yi/Kongming encounters.
    3. Yangtze and Yellow Rivers: should be large and very wide.
    4. Maybe some foreign trade options with Japan, India, Silk Road control, etc.?
    5. Great Wall control and maintenance
    6. Starting Eras: Yellow Turban Revolt, Dong Zhuo, 3 Kingdoms, etc.
    7. Duels? There were so many in the book that it would be great to have.

Thanks for listening.........

KongMing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong Ming View Post
    That i exactly what i said, It is widely know as Zhuge Nu in that period, because Zhuge Liang improved it.
    Ok, ok you said that in your post Not trying to upset anyone.

Also, lol there's 2 Kong Ming's on the forums so far.

@ Kong Ming 69

suggestion #7
    Duels!?!?! I don't think that's going to be in the mod, as I haven't seen it in a Medieval 2 Total War mod yet.
    Units can only have to tight formation, loose formation, guard mode, and some sort of special formation, So they can't have multiple special formations i.e phalanx

But I don't think using the "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" as a serious Historical source would be a good idea. Especially the bias torwards Liu Bei and Shu guo exaggerating their achievements.
    I think Gigantus shouldn't work on too many factions, and for gameplay purposes, each faction should be more unique than Shogun 2 at least. The minor warlords should be represented by powerful rebel stacks, while major warlords that were important should have their own faction.

I'm now done with my rant, please contribute, if you criticize me, please do it politely.

Thanks

Oh well. I'm sure the game will be cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast