Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Public Beta released

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Public Beta released

No worries

And as a side note, after letting my PC rest for a few days, I started seeding again. So those of you using the torrent have at least one more seeder to help you out.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

gangstamaori's Avatar Miles

Someone should set up a poll for favourite faction

"The disgraced and the disinherited. This is my army. This is our best hope."

Foederatus

The installation path will be for Nonsteam vesrion: Program files(x86)/SEGA/Medieval 2 total war right?
    And steam will be Program files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Medieval 2 total war? OR I must also add mods?

Thanks for answer.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Always install into the main folder (Medieval 2 Total War) never into the 'mods' folder.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by WanSaweR View Post
    The installation path will be for Nonsteam vesrion: Program files(x86)/SEGA/Medieval 2 total war right?
    And steam will be Program files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Medieval 2 total war? OR I must also add mods?

Thanks for answer.
    I uses Steam which is not on the default C: but the installer correctly find my Med2 installation. I just just bought Med2 Gold from Steam just to try this mod anyway.

Just a side note to those using Steam and using the auto created shortcut, it takes me 3 attempt before the mod loads correctly. The first time it loads the vanilla Med2, the second it CTD after selecting faction.

It need a restart of pc from before it runs. Not sure if it will run in Steam offline mode.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; July 24, 2013 at 01:40 AM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Yahya View Post
    Not sure if it will run in Steam offline mode.
    shouldn't be a problem as the data for the mod is located on your system , then again steam has surprised me before

also the shortcut working after the third attempt is really weird i will stick to manual registry editing .. at least i know what i am doing there..

Don't know why it happened but my Steam installation is not on default C maybe. I have the retail version too but my DVD-ROM is broken. Instead of buying a new DVD-ROM I just decided to buy a new game on Steam sale. Much cheaper.

I will try to confirm if it works on online mod.

About the mod itself, one thing I can say. Impressive even for an early beta. I like the changing faction icon thing. Just tried one campaign and one battle. I think the morale may be a little too high for my liking though as even though the battles will be longer I have all the time to counter every AI move. Probably I have gotten used to vanilla style battles since ETW though.

One question though. What's the rational of having many separated small units around the map, at least when starting the campaign ? I choose the 3rd clan of the second row from the option though, can't remember the name.

Those are the historic characters and heroes of the era. Each one has their own stats, traits, and biographies. You can not have more than one named character in a stack at game start, so that is why they are all around the map. I believe the clan you chose was the Sun Clan and at game start they have a lot of named characters (historic characters/heroes).
    Last edited by Seether; July 24, 2013 at 09:08 AM.

Nick The Hun's Avatar Foederatus

Hmm jeez i love this. To bad i don't like Liu Bei at Xia Pei. I rather start with a small province in the west or with Ying. Like the old Rtw version. But still this is awesome. Loved seeing Guan Yu and Zhang Fei in action vs Huainan Until the Cao armies rampaged my towns lol. Now that was a nightmare. I'm going to try another faction now.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Great job on this... I will try the game and maybe give it a sincere Beta test... thanks for your efforts! Where do we report our testing comments?

Error and bug reports can go in this forum, and if you have comments, observations, questions, etc., you can make a new thread in this main forum.

Semisalis

[deleted by poster]
    Last edited by jsully16; July 26, 2013 at 04:22 PM.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I like the changing faction icon thing.
    Thanks, I think Gigantus and I had the same idea at about the same time. lol I think it works beautifully if I do say so myself.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

sheba021's Avatar Civis

That moment when you find about a great-looking mod 10 minutes before you have to go to work

Can not wait to check it out, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    Thanks, I think Gigantus and I had the same idea at about the same time. lol I think it works beautifully if I do say so myself.
    Yeah. It's beautiful. Feels like a different game even when just viewing the faction selection screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Those are the historic characters and heroes of the era. Each one has their own stats, traits, and biographies. You can not have more than one named character in a stack at game start, so that is why they are all around the map. I believe the clan you chose was the Sun Clan and at game start they have a lot of named characters (historic characters/heroes).
    Ooo.. Good to know. Not aware of the restriction for Med2 (and I assume RTW as well). I think it's the Sun clan.

Anyway (I know this is very early beta) which faction is best to start with in terms of completeness level ? Like have the most units and the most buildings etc ? What faction is the 'good guy' in the battle of the Red Cliff ?
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; July 30, 2013 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Anyway (I know this is very early beta) which faction is best to start with in terms of completeness level ? Like have the most units and the most buildings etc ? What faction is the 'good guy' in the battle of the Red Cliff ?
    Pretty much all of the factions are on the same level of "completeness". Patch #4 will be making a lot of changes to every faction's strat models (so now nearly all, except for diplomats and priests, are the correct color).

As far as Chibi, or Red Cliff, if you go by the novel the "good guy" is Sun Quan and Zhou Yu (Sun Clan), as well as Liu Bei (Liu Clan) and Zhuge Liang (not with Liu Clan at game start).

In case you have not seen it yet, Patch #4 has been released!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123