Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch News

Foederatus

Default Re: Patch News

After I added this "quick fix" I can't start a grand campaign, it just goes back to the start screen.

Foederatus

So any advice on what to do about the problem?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinius View Post
    So any advice on what to do about the problem?
    Check the sticky in the error report forum and then show us your log in a thread there. Crash to menu should be easy to fix.

Siege battle CTD: Hopefully we will have a solution to the siege CTDs some players are experiencing in the coming patch.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 04, 2013 at 05:16 AM.

Maybe just reinstall the mod. I was beimg plagued with crashes all i did was reinstall and worked find

Blog Entries

A high percentage of crashes after an update is the installation into the wrong folder and a reinstalling certainly helps to rule out that cause.

Foederatus

I don't think you get what I mean, it's not crashing, when I start a grand campaign it just returns to the selection screen, it's not crashing, it's just not starting up a grand campaign.

I don't think you get what I mean, it's not crashing, when I start a grand campaign it just returns to the selection screen, it's not crashing, it's just not starting up a grand campaign.
    He knows what you mean, i'm sure he wanted you to check this thread?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...m-with-Patch-4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Check the sticky in the error report forum and then show us your log in a thread there. Crash to menu should be easy to fix.
    It's called a CTM and in 90% of cases is an easy fix - as long as I get a trace log.

Blog Entries

Quick Fix issued

There have been several reports of crashes when starting a battle. We have traced it down to invalid entries for the battle models assigned to some of the named characters in descr_strat.
    As we have roughly 160 of these entries in descr_strat I have removed them all pending tests and corrections. Today's quick fix (20130805 - RotK - descr_strat.zip) contains this descr_strat without those battle models - it is not save game compatible!

We do hope to have this problem sorted within the next 48 hours and will issue a full patch that will include all quick fixes.

Quick Fix issued

There have been several reports of crashes when starting a battle. We have traced it down to invalid entries for the battle models assigned to some of the named characters in descr_strat.
    As we have roughly 160 of these entries in descr_strat I have removed them all pending tests and corrections. Today's quick fix (20130805 - RotK -
    descr_strat.zip
    ) contains this descr_strat without those battle models - it is not save game compatible!

We do hope to have this problem sorted within the next 48 hours and will issue a full patch that will include all quick fixes.
    Excellent work. Does this mean that this could be the solution to my issue? And do I have to download the other quickfix as well for this to work?

Blog Entries

If you had numerous battle\siege crashes then this will be most likely your solution. It's not a solution to the 'See Charlie' battle error.

Quick Fixes have ALL to be installed in numerical order.

Quick Fix issued

As we have roughly 160 of these entries in descr_strat I have removed them all pending tests and corrections. Today's quick fix (20130805 - RotK - descr_strat.zip) contains this descr_strat without those battle models - it is not save game compatible!

Does this mean that all General Bodyguard units have been REMOVED and will not work in battle?

Blog Entries

A lot of named characters had a custom battle model assigned to them in descr_strat. Like Liu Bei in the line below:
    Code:
    character    J-0201-LiuBei, named character, male, leader, age 33, x 143, y 114, portrait A132, label LiuBei1, battle_model liubei_general
    That model is the leading officer you see in a unit, not the body guard soldiers.

Unfortunately there were some models listed that were not valid or not present, like the one for Mi Zhu:
    Code:
    character    J-0209-MiZhu, named character, male,  age 33, x 143, y 107, portrait A446;, battle_model WenGuan
    This caused a crash whenever he was involved in a battle. You may notice the semi-colon in front of the battle model entry here - this prevents that entry from being processed until we find a permanent solution.

Short answer to your question: all body guard units are still present, only some officer models have been set to default instead of custom.

A lot of named characters had a custom battle model assigned to them in descr_strat. Like Liu Bei in the line below:
    Code:
    character    J-0201-LiuBei, named character, male, leader, age 33, x 143, y 114, portrait A132, label LiuBei1, battle_model liubei_general
    That model is the leading officer you see in a unit, not the body guard soldiers.

Unfortunately there were some models listed that were not valid or not present, like the one for Mi Zhu:
    Code:
    character    J-0209-MiZhu, named character, male,  age 33, x 143, y 107, portrait A446;, battle_model WenGuan
    This caused a crash whenever he was involved in a battle. You may notice the semi-colon in front of the battle model entry here - this prevents that entry from being processed until we find a permanent solution.

Short answer to your question: all body guard units are still present, only some officer models have been set to default instead of custom.
    It didn't work, but I think I found the problem.

Code:
    The semi-colon you applied apparently did not stop the game from loading it, I went in and deleted it to this:

Code:
    character    J-0209-MiZhu, named character, male,  age 33, x 143, y 107, portrait A446
    Works now, can successfully load in

Went in and fixed majority, will post when I get back.

Fixed all of the general models, now they should be all using the default general bodyguard units (No custom bodyguard units).

Replace the descr_strat in imperial_campaign. Like its previous one, it probably will not be save game compatible

Patch - Fixed General CTD.zip

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

As an FYI, a battle_model is not a custom bodyguard unit, it is the custom officer model for the bodyguard unit. A battle_model entry will give the bodyguard unit of that character a custom officer model (ie: officer looks like Xu Chu, or Cao Cao, or Zhao Yun, etc.). It does not affect the regular soldiers that compose the bodyguard unit, only the officer.
    Last edited by Seether; August 05, 2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Could u guys post a sticky with what your character trait abreviations stand for. Im havin trouble addin my own general with the correct traits.

I know, I'll just refer it as custom general unit then in the future to avoid confusion

Blog Entries

That's not what was causing continued crashes even after disabling the missing battle models - check here.