Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch News

Default Re: Patch News

What we plan to do is eventually redo all the units (skins and model) after the roster revamp. Prepare to see some previews coming in the next week or two.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

For the battle models across all factions, it would be done through text editing. The main issue with doing it is that EDU and BMDB would need to be edited... a lot... and BMDB by itself would be a huge pain in the ass.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

I dont really mind not having too many unique bgs i think you could do away with the named bgs and just have most generals as their regional bgs. For example guo si does not need a bg called guo si buqu. This way u guys wouldnt need to put a guo si buqu for every faction for him to keep his bg. Just give him a yong liang horse bg. Even characters like wen chuo zhang he xiahou dun, etc. could all share a bg that is slightly better than a normal cav bg that is available for all factions. You could even skin them the same texture for every faction as there would be so few of those units in a given battle anyways you wouldnt need color differentiation.

I know this revamp is alot of work so some small things like eliminating unique named bgs might take some work off.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

There is no problem with the modelDB file - no restriction there, although individual battle models will lead to a sizable increase in files and download size.

Now that i think about it Rotk X only had like 8 unique character models. So in the end i could survive with what you have.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to previews of new content

Blog Entries

Version\Patch update - available as usual here

Version 0.1.714 - 28TH AUGUST 2013
    - Combined all previous patches
    - 'City History' Image Updated
    - Update of Heishan biographies
    - Fixed more coming of age stuff for historic characters
    - Adjusted pips to reflect Chinese culture
    - Update of some Heishan general traits
    - Fixed incorrect rebel placement in Yin Ping
    - Fixed Duosi Dawang using wrong buqu
    - Liang faction volunteers fixed
    - Defense stat of Guo Si buqu fixed
    - Updated a couple settlement names
    - Updated faction builder for settlements in Yizhou (Liu Clan still had many entries instead of Ba-Shu)
    - Various corrections to traits
    - Changed mission objective display from traits to work via mission scroll

This last patch s save game compatible?

Blog Entries

Nope, mostly because of this:

- Updated faction builder for settlements in Yizhou (Liu Clan still had many entries instead of Ba-Shu)

New Hotfix found here. Fixes the UI issues with the Forge buildings. Is save-game compatible.

willl their be a version that makes mostly unique units and having it look like everyone is a little different or will it be like it is now

sheilds,armor,pants,helmets,weapons ect

just curious

Can you expand on that a bit and give examples? I'm not really sure exactly what it is you're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by guanyu View Post
    willl their be a version that makes mostly unique units and having it look like everyone is a little different or will it be like it is now
    If you mean units looking completely different from each other, then that is highly doubtful. As this is one nation fighting in civil war, its very hard to force differences where there shouldn't be. There will be some 'minor' differences (stat changes, different helmets), but aside from that, that will be all we're doing to it.

Yea in all the games based on threekingdoms all the troops look similar. This isnt like roman times where new cultures were clashing so armies were composed very diffrently. Think of this game more like shogun 2 total war. All the factions are the same empire split into various warring clans.

We are still hard at work to get the new unit rosters into the game. The Blade That Was Broken is working on the last of the models, after which I will recolor and do all of the coding. So for the time being, please enjoy the release of Rome II (or don't enjoy it... have read a lot of bad stuff about it) while we work on the next patch!

well the only faction that should look different is the NANMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    well the only faction that should look different is the NANMAN
    Well, obviously, as they aren't Chinese lol

is it possible to make recruiting rebel general easier? I dont want to fill up my family roster with random generals. I play yuan shao fraction majority of my retainers already down to the 0 loyality and I want to replace them with new generals but without adding them to the family tree. I find even using max out diplomat bribing the rebels are extremely difficult, not impossible, but probably wont accept for god knows how many turns.

Are you referring to only Rebels, or also the Unaligned faction as well? And were you attempting to bribe settlements or generals in the field?