Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch News

Default Re: Patch News

rebel generals on the field, but i had like 1-2 successful bribe of a settlement with generals included. I even had successful bribing generals that include family member of that fraction? and even cooler is even tho they aren't part of the royal family tree they are consider family member and have options of adopting a benefactor, but it wont appear in the chart. took me over 300+ turns just to see my generals kids grow up yet, my char seem to age a lot faster then the kids are going up? or is it just me? cause zhang is already 50+ and yuan shao family tree just had a kid come into age. Also do family member dont get titles? i acquired over 70 settlement ba-shu, hanzhong, ji, bing, you, gansu, as well as the chang an. and only generals that I started out with get titles. I did manage to 1 hired rebel general but the odds are roughly 0-3% even with a max diplomat. + imperial influence. ^__^ I love this mod so entertaining, I am only asking cause majority of my fraction generals are dying of old age almost 70% reaching age of 50-70 highest. plus Yuan shao fraction almost everyone has 0 loyality except for the main few, wen chou, yan liang, tian feng, and some generals that was never part of the fraction?. even family member drop loyality -__-

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

First, I highly recommend reading my Gameplay Notes. What you have to remember is that there are 12 turns per year, and male children come of age at 16, so it takes 192 turns for a male child that is born to come of age. Also, all characters age at the same rate of 1 year per 12 turns.

In regard to titles, it depends on the character and the faction they belong to. In the scripting, titles for specific characters are tied to their faction. Doing scripts for every character to have titles for every faction would simply be too labor intensive, although the script can perhaps be modified, but that is something to look at on a later date. In regard to loyalty, it depends on the individual character's Personal Goal. The faction leader's actions can affect the loyalty of their subordinates. For example, a character with a Personal Goal of Honor might lose loyalty if you execute prisoners or commit assassinations.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

D: i never knew...and here I tho its ok to use soldiers to raze a city then put a general inside to guard hahaha =___= going to have so much rebels revolting

how come there is no siege weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    What do you mean there are no siege weapons? All of them exist, you just need to purchase the right buildings to make them.

i upgraded every building i have tho every city been upgraded

I think he means in campaign you cant build any siege engines. Its because I think the walls weren't destructible and maybe because the ai made a lot of siege weapons.

I think he means no catapult or Trebuchet.

^ yes that what I meant. I hope voices are being implemented soon in the new patch

Just a quick update. Work is still going on for the next patch and I now have free time now that I am between classes. As opposed to one very large upcoming patch, expect 2-3 smaller patches in the next few weeks. Reason is that most of the updates will be with units (models/textures) and there is only one member of our team able to do such work. I can say that most of the new units we are working on are done, but there are some that still need to be completed. Along with this we have some scripts that are being worked on as well as different aspects for flavor and immersion (such as dynastic conflict and governor ancillaries). But, as I said, we are still alive and working towards v1.0, with these upcoming patches a small step in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Just a quick update. Work is still going on for the next patch and I now have free time now that I am between classes. As opposed to one very large upcoming patch, expect 2-3 smaller patches in the next few weeks. Reason is that most of the updates will be with units (models/textures) and there is only one member of our team able to do such work. I can say that most of the new units we are working on are done, but there are some that still need to be completed. Along with this we have some scripts that are being worked on as well as different aspects for flavor and immersion (such as dynastic conflict and governor ancillaries). But, as I said, we are still alive and working towards v1.0, with these upcoming patches a small step in that direction.
    Greath news. Thanks for the update!

Nice that you guys are still working on this. Rome 2 got old fast.

Glad to hear that you guys are still working on this fantastic mod.

disorder's Avatar Libertus

Gongsunzan, what was wrong with Rome 2? i stiil haven't played the game yet but from what you said it seems that it isnt that good? could you go more into detail about what made it get old fast for you?

Gongsunzan it's right, rome 2 sucks x)

OK when will be new patch? Cant wait

A few weeks

Hi! Just going to say thanks for the mod, I have downloaded it yesterday and played for an hour or so, much to the detriment of my report due Friday haha.
    Will hopefully be able to play more once I finish the report

Is there will be some new units coming with new patch, maybe something similar to ninja and maybe a chariots

There will be quite a few new units based on historical evidence. Chariots were not used by the Han military during this timeframe, although some barbarian tribes used them to a limited extent. And ninjas? Really?