Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are Lui Bei missions, and are there any for Sun Ce or Cao Cao ?

Default What are Lui Bei missions, and are there any for Sun Ce or Cao Cao ?

What are Lui Bei missions, and are there any for Sun Ce or Cao Cao

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: What are Lui Bei missions, and are there any for Sun Ce or Cao Cao ?

No Sun Ce and Cao Cao missions currently.

Seether will have to answer the Lui Bei question.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: What are Lui Bei missions, and are there any for Sun Ce or Cao Cao ?

If you start a new campaign as the Liu Clan, you will get a pop-up event within the first 5 seconds that explains what the Liu Bei missions are. Essentially the missions guide you to establish Liu Bei in Shu.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

kool

Wasnt something said about historical battles being incorporated into the campaign? Is that still going to happen?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Historical battles - It is part of the on going scripting work and we are trying to determine which kind of battles we can actually deem 'historical' and how to present them.

Wasnt something said about historical battles being incorporated into the campaign? Is that still going to happen?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by previous post
    Historical battles - It is part of the on going scripting work and we are trying to determine which kind of battles we can actually deem 'historical' and how to present them.

hey gigantus or seether i have a noob question for you guys.

im currently doing the liu bei missons and ive done all the required tasks to move on in the campaign except one part. It says you must allow the Xu province settlements to rebel, my question is with exact cities are they?

Cheers

The Xu province or Xuzhou, is your starting area (Xia Pi, Xiao Pei, and that other city that I forgot lol). To do that, turn all taxes to Very High, and disband ALL militia (would be wise to destroy buildings as well, as you get a bit of refund).

Blog Entries

Liu Bei should have a trait at the bottom of his trait list that contains all the objectives of the current mission. The picture underneath is an outdated version, but it shows the principle.

Icon7 Re: What are Lui Bei missions, and are there any for Sun Ce or Cao Cao ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Liu Bei should have a trait at the bottom of his trait list that contains all the objectives of the current mission. The picture underneath is an outdated version, but it shows the principle.

Yeh ive seen the mission requirements on the traits however i just wanted to know the exact cities that had to rebel which seems to be Xia Pi, Xiao Pei according to blade
    thanks

Blog Entries

It's your three start settlements, we will specify them in the next release:

Peng Cheng
    Xiao Pei
    Xia Pi

thanks mate!

Hey, Gigantus
    I have a noob question, why is it that when I complete the "Conquer Jingnan" by taking xiang yang, jiang ling and jiang xia, while making xin ye my capital, it won't give me the next mission. Is there a date I gotta wait till so it load the next mission?

Blog Entries

This is the task in the LiuBei mission:
    Code:
    {LIUBEIMISSION04_TITLE}Conquer Jingnan
    {LIUBEIMISSION04_BODY}Mission Objectives:\n\n     Conquer and hold these settlements:\n       1. Chang Sha\n       2. Wu Ling\n       3. Jiang Xia\n       4. Gui Yang\n\n     Eliminate the Jingnan faction
    This is the task in the 'Emperor' series:
    Code:
    {JINGNAN_TITLE}Conquer Jingnan
    {JINGNAN_BODY}With Jingbei, ....\n\nConquer Chang Sha, Wu Ling, Ling Ling, and Gui Yang, and eliminate the Jingnan faction
    Both are nearly identical and both require you to defeat the Jignnan faction.

Sorry, it's "Conquer Jingbei", and I did all the conditions for it. Do I have to wait till like 217 ad or something for it to take effect.

Blog Entries

The conditions:
    Code:
    {JINGBEI_TITLE}Conquer Jingbei
    {JINGBEI_BODY}With Xinye as our new base...\n\nConquer Xiang Yang, Jiang Ling, and Jiang Xia, and eliminate the Jingzhou faction
    There is a second mission that runs parallel to it which also needs to be finished (it appears to be a simple progression of 7 rounds):
    Code:
    {MASTER_STRATEGIST_TITLE}Acquire a Master Strategist
    {MASTER_STRATEGIST_BODY}With a firm fooothold in Jingzhou, the people of this region are welcoming us and praising our lord's great virtue. If we wish to unite the nation, we must gather around us worthy men of talent. Our army is filled with brave and mighty generals, however we lack a master strategist that can take advantage of them. Perhaps the man we are looking for could be residing in Jing province.
    Which culminates in this event and then finishes the 'Conquer Jinbei' mission::
    Code:
    {PANGTONG_TITLE}Zhuge Liang Recommends the "Fledgling Phoenix"
    {PANGTONG_BODY}With the recommendation of Zhuge Liang, as well as Lu Su, an advisor of the Sun Clan, you visit Pang Tong. Conversing during dinner Pang Tong agrees with Zhuge Liang's Longzhong Plan, and further expresses that Jingzhou is too weak to accomplish it. He advises that, after Jing province is secure, to head west, secure the province of Yizhou, and establish your base in Cheng Du. With Zhuge Liang and Pang Tong at your disposal, surely no one can stand against you in the coming struggles!

Yeah it works now. THe thing is that it does not show "eliminate the jingzhou faction" that is probably why It couldn't complete it.
    Btw where do I find in the scripts all the missions and the rewards for them as in "certain generals"

Blog Entries

Look for this entry in the script: === Liu Missions ===
    That's the start of the missions, they stretch over a substantial number of lines.

The code above is taken from data\text\historic_events and I am surprised why it wouldn't show completely for you - if you press the default mission button to repeat the goals then this code would have been displayed:
    Code:
    {LIUBEIMISSION03_TITLE}Conquer Jingbei
    {LIUBEIMISSION03_BODY}Mission Objectives:\n\n     1. Make Xin Ye your capital\n     2. Disband your Militias in Xu province, set taxes to Very High in all Xu province settlements, and allow those settlements to rebel\n     3. Conquer Jingbei Province by taking these settlements:\n       a. Xiang Yang\n       b. Jiang Ling\n       c. Jiang Xia

{LIUBEIMISSION04_TITLE}Conquer Jingnan
    {LIUBEIMISSION04_BODY}Mission Objectives:\n\n     Conquer and hold these settlements:\n       1. Chang Sha\n       2. Wu Ling\n       3. Jiang Xia\n       4. Gui Yang\n\n     Eliminate the Jingnan faction
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 01, 2017 at 08:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast