Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Ideas

Default Some Ideas

Just some Random Ideas or concepts, i dont know if they are already in mod or are already in development, just doing my part to beta test mod

1. choose the Heir
    2. civil war (if population happiness is low, or to many rebels, or other situations, ) can side with rebel family member or rebels or original family
    3. sea pirates, not sure if even necessary
    4. trade with europe, maybe rome, might of mentioned earlier ,
    5. silk road
    6. maybe (under city in UI) like the "Third are mod" give a little background if possible, about each city, historical referance
    7. more custom battle maps
    8. monk units, maybe from tibet or something like that
    9. factoin leader dies and heir is still to young, then can a wife become regeant or maybe a civil war with an uncle
    10. quests, or missions, not for money or units like the other missions, but missions given (like in the tavern in ROTK X) where you can get items , weapons, books, manuals, etc and they go to whatever general completes the mission, like destroy bandits for a reward of a bamboo spear.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Some Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    1. choose the Heir
    Impossible due to engine limitations. However, there are ancillaries and scripts that allow you to choose the next heir. In the next patch, we will be using a script to do that.

2. civil war (if population happiness is low, or to many rebels, or other situations, ) can side with rebel family member or rebels or original family
    We have delved into this idea, and it has plenty of precedence during the RTK era, but it is low on the priority list right now.

3. sea pirates, not sure if even necessary
    There currently are rebel navies. The thought had crossed my mind to create a 'River Pirate' mercenary unit for the southern provinces, as they were notorious in the south (which was prevalent with waterways and water-born travel) and men such as Gan Ning and Jiang Qin were pirates before joining warlords.

4. trade with europe, maybe rome, might of mentioned earlier ,
    There is only one instance of contact between China and Rome, so I don't see this as feasible. Besides, there is already the Silk Road which was, essentially, trade with Europe and the West.

5. silk road
    Already in game. Only applicable to Chang An and territories west of it, which were part of the historical Silk Road. Chang An was actually the starting point of the Silk Road.

6. maybe (under city in UI) like the "Third are mod" give a little background if possible, about each city, historical referance
    There are already a ton of these (50, in fact) in-game. Remember that this time period is about 2,000 years ago and quite a lot of these settlements have either since disappeared and/or had little or no records kept on their history prior to or during this era, aside from simply their existence.

7. more custom battle maps
    A possibility. There are, I think, seven right now, but more could be added in the future.

8. monk units, maybe from tibet or something like that
    Is there even any precedence for this?

9. factoin leader dies and heir is still to young, then can a wife become regeant or maybe a civil war with an uncle
    Not possible due to engine limitations.

10. quests, or missions, not for money or units like the other missions, but missions given (like in the tavern in ROTK X) where you can get items , weapons, books, manuals, etc and they go to whatever general completes the mission, like destroy bandits for a reward of a bamboo spear.
    Possible, but the scripting would be a nightmare, even if based on vanilla 'Council of Nobles' missions.
    Last edited by Seether; February 14, 2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Thanks for quick reply, i would of loved a civil war type thing, o well

deployable steaks from archers, chariots< not sure if they even used them ,

Deployable stakes is a no-go, as the human can abuse them horribly against the AI (such as staking gates). As far as chariots, although they had been used in the Western Han, by the Eastern Han they had really fallen out of favor. There are a few instances of them being used as mobile command posts for generals and for ceremonial purposes, but otherwise they were an obsolete piece of technology. There is one reference to the Qiang using iron chariots in the novel, but I'm not certain if that was LGZ fiction or not.

yeah cause the you tube ROTK 2010 has them as command posts , would be wierd to see a heavy infantry buqu for cao cao with him riding on a chariot lol

i hope there is more generals. its pains me when officers die either to age or battle, and the only officers available then are those with the liege surname. if only regular generals can have childrens, one can only dream.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    i hope there is more generals. its pains me when officers die either to age or battle, and the only officers available then are those with the liege surname. if only regular generals can have childrens, one can only dream.
    Well, there is always the chance that you get the "man of the hour"-event which allows you to adopt said general. Though under who they're placed(in the family-tree) is unstated during the event and can only be found out afterwards. Now for me personally i prefer to keep the "royal bloodline"(i.e. my faction leaders family tree) clean from "outsiders", which makes this a risky thing for my roleplaying. But if you don't have my little roleplaying-thingy, then that's the easiest way to get children for these generals. Now I'm not entirely sure about this, but ROTK seems to be using a "multiple family tree"-system which is perfect for me, since it counters the problems my roleplaying creates.

On other notes:
    I find this mod extremely enjoyable and beautiful! I've only played through half a campaign with the Liu faction and of course I'm playing with with the mission/journey-event. Now since I've only played with this faction, I've got no idea if the other factions have something similar to the journey-event series of the Liu clan. But since it's so thoroughly made and also provides a historic aspect for those of us with little knowledge regarding this time in place and age. Now I know that it takes ALOT of work to create one of these mission series, but since it's so enjoyable I was wondering if they exist in similarity for other factions too. If not, I was wondering if they are going to be implemented later on? I realize that the other factions might not all have the same historic depth as the three big ones(Han-Shu(Liu Bei), Wei(Cao Cao) and Wu(Sun)), but it's a personal wish that these missions will be extended to other factions, even if it's only for the three kingdoms-factions. Just for the sheer joy of diversification in mission. There's a charm in playing freestyle, but that's what you do in almost every mod. With the mission series combined with the rewards and historic background it just makes it simply that much interesting to play the game.

And also as a last sidenote:
    Like I've said I'm playing as the Liu clan, having completed missions up to Hanzhong(spelling?) and I'm now waiting about 6 turns for the next mission. But before I went on to conquer Ba-Shu I couldn't keep the peace with the Sun clan and thus I conquered them as well just to secure my flank. Now I didn't entirely conquer them since I left them the city of Wu and made them my Vassals. The reason for this is that in Zhuge Liangs plan, I'm meant to have an alliance with them(i.e. not conquering them). What I'm now wondering is if eliminating the Sun clan will affect the events or the missions? Since they're meant to be alive, I wouldn't want to kill them off and then later being in need of their existence. So my question in one sentence is: Can I eliminate the Sun clan without game ruining consequences?

Sorry for the long comment, but I would've written more since there are so many great things to say about this mod!
    Thank you for this mod, I'm having a blast playing it!

Thank you for your answers!
    //A-Woowie.Doowie

Thank you very much for your kind words, a-woowie.doowie. To quickly answer you last query, no, the Sun clan does not need to be "alive" at any point of the Liu Clan missions. Any mention of them is just for text flavor.

As far as missions for other factions, they are planned for the future, but not in the upcoming patch. The Cao Clan, Sun Clan, and Yuan Clan will all receive extensive missions, and hopefully by the time this is a full release every faction will have at least some sort of mission system.

Cesuke's Avatar Laetus

Hello.
    I would like to share two suggestions I have for this mod. They are just little details, and both based on Bellum Crucis, but pretty interesting I think:

I- Messages that inform you of the birth of other factions princesses.
    I think it could be extremely useful if you are looking for a matrimonial alliance with a neighbour, but you don't know if they have any available princess out there.

II- Historical messages that appear in certain years: about famous battles; (real, not in-game) birth or death of famous lords or generals; or just any historical happening that could be relevant or interesting to know.

Having played the Bellum mod, I can say those details really make the experience of playing it more enjoyable. On one hand, the message about the birth of a princess is very useful and sometimes is essential if you are really looking for a marriage with a foreign princess. On the other hand, the historical events messages could approach players to the history of the Three Kingdoms, and make them more familiar to the names of famous battles or important warlords.

In my humble opinion, they would be nice addtions to this mod. I hope more people think it too.

I like cesuke's suggestion. I don't think it is priority for beta though.

As for civil war, in the original post. ROTK is a civil war. Its china fighting itself, and all the generals are under the Han empire until the emporer is deposed.

is it possible to change general units weapon from swords to qiang mao, ( without red tassel) , or ? not important but I think it would be awesome to the already super awesome generals skin we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesuke View Post
    Hello.
    I would like to share two suggestions I have for this mod. They are just little details, and both based on Bellum Crucis, but pretty interesting I think:

I- Messages that inform you of the birth of other factions princesses.
    I think it could be extremely useful if you are looking for a matrimonial alliance with a neighbour, but you don't know if they have any available princess out there.
    The only problem with this is the time it takes from when a Princess is born to when she comes of age. Since we use 12 tpy, it would be roughly 180-190 turns before the Princess came of age... more than likely, she would have been forgotten by then.

II- Historical messages that appear in certain years: about famous battles; (real, not in-game) birth or death of famous lords or generals; or just any historical happening that could be relevant or interesting to know.

Having played the Bellum mod, I can say those details really make the experience of playing it more enjoyable. On one hand, the message about the birth of a princess is very useful and sometimes is essential if you are really looking for a marriage with a foreign princess. On the other hand, the historical events messages could approach players to the history of the Three Kingdoms, and make them more familiar to the names of famous battles or important warlords.

In my humble opinion, they would be nice addtions to this mod. I hope more people think it too.
    We have this started on already, but it went on the backburner due to other projects. I'm fairly certain it will be implemented at some point during development.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader
    is it possible to change general units weapon from swords to qiang mao, ( without red tassel) , or ? not important but I think it would be awesome to the already super awesome generals skin we have.
    It is possible, but it won't be done. Amongst officers, swords were the preferred weapon as they were a status symbol. While other weapons could and would be used, the sword gave the officer an item of status and authority, as the swords they possessed would be of the highest quality and often adorned with precious metals, stones, and engravings; they were something only the powerful and influential could possess.

Cesuke's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    The only problem with this is the time it takes from when a Princess is born to when she comes of age. Since we use 12 tpy, it would be roughly 180-190 turns before the Princess came of age... more than likely, she would have been forgotten by then.
    That's right. And how about a message that appears when the princess is already 16 years old? That way, when you see it, you could send immediately a diplomat to the faction's capital to meet talk to her.

I know I said "a message when princesses are born", but I'm afraid I made a mistake. In Bellum Crucis they do inform you when princesses are already adults and can get married. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

The good point of this is that you can have diplomats near the capitals of your neighbours and thus, when you see the message of a new princess of theirs, you just need to talk to her. If not, it really depends on luck to actually be able to find a princess and marry her to your heir.

And thank you for the other answer, about the historical messages. I'm glad it's already an active project; I think it will improve greatly the quality of this mod (which is already excellent).

I'm sure that can be arranged in a future patch

Cesuke's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I'm sure that can be arranged in a future patch
    Thank you very much ^^
    I suggested it so suddely since lately, playing with Wei, I wanted to arrange a matrimonial alliance with the Yuan Clan, but then I had a dilemma... "Do they have a princess now?", "If so, where is she?", "Hmm". At the end, I just gave up xD, but my diplomat is near their capital city just in case. So, having the example of the Bellum Crucis mod, where you do know if a faction has a princess or not, I wanted to suggest it. Thank you for having accepted my proposal.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cesuke View Post
    I know I said "a message when princesses are born", but I'm afraid I made a mistake. In Bellum Crucis they do inform you when princesses are already adults and can get married. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
    It would appear that the comingofage event then would also be applicable to females. Could you upload the campaign_script file of Bellum Crusic so I could have a look if that is correct?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It would appear that the comingofage event then would also be applicable to females. Could you upload the campaign_script file of Bellum Crusic so I could have a look if that is correct?
    It took me waaaay longer than it should have to read that as "Coming of Age", not "Comingo Fage"

Cesuke's Avatar Laetus

Hello.
    Sorry, it took me some time to find the script ^^U

Finally, I found campaign_script and I looked inside for any reference to the coming of age message. The content of the script is terribñy huge, so if you don't mind, rather than uploading it all, I'll copy what we need from it inside a spoiler, so that you can have a look. I copied every single line of that Come of Age. Of course, if you still want me to upload it to any page (I would need to register in one, since I don't usually upload things), I'll try; but for now, here is the "Princess Comes of Age", I hope it serves:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Princess Comes Of Age - Messages ;;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

monitor_event CharacterComesOfAge FactionIsLocal
    and AgentType = princess
    add_events
    event historic princess_local
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterComesOfAge not FactionIsLocal
    and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType england
    add_events
    event historic princess_england
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType france
    add_events
    event historic princess_france
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType normans
    add_events
    event historic princess_normans
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType hre
    add_events
    event historic princess_hre
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType spain
    add_events
    event historic princess_spain
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType aragon
    add_events
    event historic princess_aragon
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType portugal
    add_events
    event historic princess_portugal
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType sicily
    add_events
    event historic princess_sicily
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType byzantium
    add_events
    event historic princess_byzantium
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType russia
    add_events
    event historic princess_russia
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType novgorod
    add_events
    event historic princess_novgorod
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType denmark
    add_events
    event historic princess_denmark
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType saxons
    add_events
    event historic princess_saxons
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType poland
    add_events
    event historic princess_poland
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType hungary
    add_events
    event historic princess_hungary
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType cumans
    add_events
    event historic princess_cumans
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType moors
    add_events
    event historic princess_moors
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType zenghids
    add_events
    event historic princess_zenghids
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType timurids
    add_events
    event historic princess_timurids
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType turks
    add_events
    event historic princess_turks
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType egypt
    add_events
    event historic princess_egypt
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType milan
    add_events
    event historic princess_milan
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType pisa
    add_events
    event historic princess_pisa
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType aztecs
    add_events
    event historic princess_aztecs
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

and AgentType = princess
    and FactionType venice
    add_events
    event historic princess_venice
    date 0
    end_add_events
    end_monitor

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Ah, thanks - that confirms what I thought.

I'll ask Seether for some suitable text, right now we call them geishas, so some work may be needed to get this going. How about an event pic like this one?

Tip for the next time when uploading files: use a compression utility like 7zip (freeware) to compress it, TXT files get compressed upto 95%, eg 12MB becomes 300KB. Then attach it here via the 'Go advanced' and 'Manage attachment' way or upload it to a service like mediafire and then post the link.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast