Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Ideas

Cesuke's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Some Ideas

I'm glad the script was useful that way.

As for an event picture, that image you posted is pretty nice, indeed, but I rather thought of a more historical image, like a scroll or a non-real depiction of a princess of the Three Kingdoms period. Again following the example of Bellum Crucis, they looked for a historical picture of a princess of each faction, so that the Kingdom of France had an event picture of a princess of France, or the Ayyubids (the muslim dynasty Saladin created) have an Egyptian princess. However, I don't think there are many historical images of each faction of the Three Kingdoms, so it wouldn't be necessary to have different pictures for each one, I think.

That's why I thought of a picture of any of the known as "Four Great Beauties of Ancient China". Maybe, as the nearest character among them to the Eastern Han, we could use a picture of Diao Chan. The problem is that, searching for her name, almost all the pictures are from Dynasty Warriors saga; she's pretty beautiful there, indeed, but I'm not about it.

In any case, I'll humbly show you some of my suggestions as images inside this spoiler (the order has no meaning):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Yang Guifei (719 ~ 756, Tang Dynasty). The picture is excellent in my opinion, but the princess herself (one of the "Four Beauties"), is maybe too far from the Three Kingdoms period. Nevertheless, I would seriously consider this one as an option, despite the anachronism.

Lady Zhen (183 ~ 221), or Zhen Ji. She was the first wife of Cao Pi and a well-known female of the period. Posthumously she was hounoured as Empress Wenzhao by her son. This image is from Koei artwork, but it's really nice I think.

And of course, Diao Chan. As for her, I have three options, and I think she would be the perfect one to depict a beautiful Chinese princess for the event message. One image if from Koei, like the one of Zhenji, the second one is from a modern artist and finally the last one is more historical, from a calendar. If you don't want to use Koei's (which really looks like an European princess, with brown hair and blue eyes), I think the second one has an interesting scroll-style, while the third one is my favourite among them and another excellent option.

My favourite event picture would be the third one of Diao Chan. As for a second option, I would choose Yang Guifei's (and again, despite the anachronism). My third option is the second of Diao Chan. And finally, the Koei pictures of Zhen Ji and Diao Chan would be minor options, just in case anyone prefers any of them. Dynasty Warriors pictures are pretty beautiful in my opinion, but their dresses are not historically true at all, and that's the problem; also the fact I said before of Diao Chan, or almost all DW females, looking like European ladies. In any case, I really liked that you used the design of DW character for the campaign and battle, such as Cao Cao and Liu Bei; I'm a fan of the saga after all ^^

I hope my suggestions are useful at the end, but they're just humble recomendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Tip for the next time when uploading files: use a compression utility like 7zip (freeware) to compress it, TXT files get compressed upto 95%, eg 12MB becomes 300KB. Then attach it here via the 'Go advanced' and 'Manage attachment' way or upload it to a service like mediafire and then post the link.
    And thank you for the advice, I'll have it in mind for the next time.

Cesuke's Avatar Laetus

My deepest apologies for this double-post; I know the rules don't allow it, but it seems I can't edit my previous post and I realized the two Koei images links are not correctly pasted. I'll post them here and hope they work this time *crossing fingers*:

Diao Chan:

Zhen Ji:

Again, sorry for this double-post.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

I think the one of Yang Guifei would be good for the event message. I don't think the fact that she lived 5 centuries is an issue, especially since it is only an event message. Thanks for providing the script and images!
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

A Lady of Your Clan has Come of Age

A young woman of your clan has come of age and is now ready to serve her clan's interests. Whether she serves in a diplomatic capacity, brings a worthy man into the family as her husband, or marries a rival heir to cement political ties, she will do her utmost to do her duties faithfully.

Cesuke's Avatar Laetus

It looks absolutely great and the text is perfect.
    Thank you very much for having shown so much interest with my little suggestion of the princess message. I'm glad it will be used at the end, and I hope other players appreciate that detail too (it's not a big issue at all, but I thought it could be a nice addition to this mod). And finally, sorry if I bothered you with it or insisted too much; I'm sure there may be still many important things to improve or solve, so I'm really thankful that you sacrificed some time for this ^^

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

We are always happy to have suggestions and we are not shy implementing them if they enhance the mod and are practical and manageable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12