Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ideas/Suggestions

Default Re: Ideas/Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    That is no problem at all although it won't make much sense other then increasing the display of faction colors as most of the factions do have the same military during that time period. Liaodong and Nanman are the exception. I am sure Seether can give you more background on this.
    Yes I know most of the factions have same military uniforms in that time period but then again this is just a game so making generic generals of different factions have different uniforms is nothing too out of hand; hell even that Ma Chao guy has crazy anime armor. This will increase the appeal to play as different factions other than just having different heroes, color or locations, etc.

You don't have to give generic generals too crazy looking armors. You can just give them some unique, realistic looking armor for each faction (maybe recycling some of the heroes' armors). I am sure this will increase the appeal and reason to play as different factions without lore-breaking.

This is just my little suggestion for you guys to consider.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

That suggestion is all good and fine, but we have to have someone to make them... which we don't at the current time. But, if we were to ever do something like that, it wouldn't be until a much, much later version; updating unit skins and new units would take priority.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Civis

So since the siege units have been removed (Idk if you plan on adding them back into the game) is there any way we could get either a wall breaker (men with axes, hammers, picks etc) unit that can attack walls and gates or possibly like a sapper unit? that could suicide the wall With firebombs?
    Last edited by sickNsane; September 22, 2014 at 08:02 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Seeing that the walls are indestructible that would be rather pointless.

Civis

Coulda swore i blew them up with a balista? Must be thinking of vanilla, Why are the walls no longer destructible? Cant you just give them hitpoint tables like in vanilla?

Blog Entries

The custom settlement models we inherited do not have the necessary set up. I'll have to ask in the IWTE forum how to do that. Most likely will need a custom animation anyhow.

Civis

Ohhhh, i got ya i didnt realise that.

Is there anyway I can change that loading mouse icon? The TWC/your avatar coin is really distracting and hurts my immersion.

Blog Entries

- that was more of an experiment. Would you know of a 3D element suitable for that period I could use?

Remove or change the name of ...\data\cursors\sandwatch.ani to get back the good old vanilla sand watch.
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 27, 2014 at 09:25 PM.

After the intro video, Gig Studios labels and main menu coin it felt exceedingly excessive. It's like being stuck behind a pick up truck covered in tap out and monster stickers.

can the next update have death of old age? or a button where I can have suicide for generals and family member?

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

How prevalent was ordering generals or family members to commit suicide? As far as I'm aware, it was extremely rare and I can't think of any specific example where a ruler ordered a general or family member to kill themselves. While there are many examples of suicide during the Three Kingdoms, they were not forced suicides; the only example of a forced suicide (that I recall) was Dong Zhuo forcing Emperor Shao to drink poison.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    After the intro video, Gig Studios labels and main menu coin it felt exceedingly excessive. It's like being stuck behind a pick up truck covered in tap out and monster stickers.
    I am still trying to figure out what happen with my version - the coin on the main menu page doesn't display a anymore so I didn't bother to remove the entry (it was a bit much, I agree). I had planned to replace it with a more 'suitable' animation. Which version of RotK do have installed? The base plus the two patches?

To my shame I didn't scroll down enough to know there were patches. Soooo...

I love this mod. But is there a way to add an option to disable brigands and pirates completely? Sometimes i want to sent 1 or two extra units with one general without having 1 general each unit.
    I've tried to set the values in descr_strat to 900 (also tried 9999 once) and also added no_brigands, no_pirates in descr_regions.
    while factions like wei, wu, shu seems to get no brigands/rebels some factions like nanman still do, so i am not sure if my tweaks worked but if, not perfectly.

Blog Entries

The descr_strat setting only (vastly) reduces spawning slave faction armies due to unrest - you will still get desertion. no_brigands and no_pirates completely disables the spawning in a region, again there is still desertion.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    How prevalent was ordering generals or family members to commit suicide? As far as I'm aware, it was extremely rare and I can't think of any specific example where a ruler ordered a general or family member to kill themselves. While there are many examples of suicide during the Three Kingdoms, they were not forced suicides; the only example of a forced suicide (that I recall) was Dong Zhuo forcing Emperor Shao to drink poison.
    oh I only oppt for that options if we do not have the option of dying of old age i.e sun ce so I can replace Sun Quan. However I also like the idea of being forced commit suicide for instance replacing Liu Cong with Liu Qi.

How about a 'Retirement' option. Though I'm not sure that would have to much precedent either.

Blog Entries

It is possible to kill characters via script, but it has limited use as you need to know the name of the character plus has to have a trigger.

For the walls, I was thinking why not have the camera zoom in on the general unit/artillery unit/any unit when the wall 'breaks' then just put a hole in the wall after the cut. No damage on the wall prior, if you can, include rubble, if not, screw it. It may be tacky as hell, but at least it could serve as a placeholder until you get the animation.