Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ideas/Suggestions

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Ideas/Suggestions

Some kind of Steppe faction would be nice to see!

I agree for later on! would create some fun to try and invade China in its turmoil. EDIT:Checked and noticed previous point was already done, never noticed because of armor upgrades n such.
    Last edited by IBSXYPNTS; January 11, 2015 at 01:11 PM.

if possible i'd like to see just smaller changes like the Shu flag getting colored green and as well for other factions if they're not too accurate.
    the representing colors are indeed important i'd say.

That would be fantastic!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

One step of it is actually very easy if you would like to do it your self: open the descr_sm_faction file, scroll to your faction (they are listed in the sequence of the faction select screen) and adjust the primary_color value. This takes care of the flags on the start map.
    Battle flags is a more complex issue. That requires converting the faction_banner (data\banner\textures) file into an editable format and then recoloring it.

i really love this mod
    i think should add catapult in this mod
    “太祖(曹操)乃為發石車,擊(袁)紹樓,皆破。紹眾號曰霹靂車'
    this mean cao cao using something like a car this car shooting stone,to hit and destroy Yuan Shao building, they call it"霹靂車"
    Records of the Three Kingdoms 三國志 <Book of Wei>
    sorry I'm not good at English.

Blog Entries

We purposefully didn't include any catapults as the city walls we have cannot be destroyed, a catapult therefore wouldn't really make sense.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Btw. is there a map somewhere with all provinces on it? Or at least some kind of map?
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Blog Entries

We didn't create anything special in that direction. I made an overlay from map_regions and map_features and then doubled the size - will that be of any help?

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    We didn't create anything special in that direction. I made an overlay from map_regions and map_features and then doubled the size - will that be of any help?

Thank you!! Not the largest of sizes I will confess, but still useful
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Blog Entries

Anything larger would have been terribly pixelated, but I am glad it can be of assistance.

Default Re: Patch News for version 1.0

Just a very very small question.
    Why the factions in the mod all have the same units?
    At least that what i've seen.

And thanks for the great mod.

Blog Entries

Historically there was hardly any difference between units. We have tried to bring some variety into the game by editing the stats of those units, eg cavalry of the South is stronger then the North, Infantry is stronger in the North - stuff like that.
    The 'Barbarians' have a number of non standard units.

Yah that's what i thought too.
    And again it's just a question i do love Shogun 1 and Shogun 2 so i've no problem with this.
    Love the mod and love the work you have done in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    One step of it is actually very easy if you would like to do it your self: open the descr_sm_faction file, scroll to your faction (they are listed in the sequence of the faction select screen) and adjust the primary_color value. This takes care of the flags on the start map.
    Battle flags is a more complex issue. That requires converting the faction_banner (data\banner\textures) file into an editable format and then recoloring it.
    2nd option it is. Shu is already colored green but the ingame battle flags are (orange/brown) i think i know where this comes from but as a dw veteran it's not too comfortable although it's not that big of a deal it'll be cool if that small of a change could happen.
    I even think it's only Shu affected by this but i didn't have the chance to battle all factions yet ofc.

Blog Entries

This could be an oversight on our part, if I remember correctly the faction colors of some factions were changed at a later stage - it would appear we omitted to change the battle banners in this instance. I'll see what I can do about it.

That would be much appreciated!

possible to improve scripts where it offers players to actually make an opinions regarding the faction as a whole? I played stainless steel & Deus Lo Vult they have these script that let players sorta have more control over their kingdoms. I dont play missions, but I would like the options of just staying put on the map and make choices, raising and developing the next generation of generals, heirs, and not constantly waging war plus it would make the game seem like I have actual advisors in the court offering up solutions to improve my kingdom as a whole
    Last edited by cheesegrader; January 21, 2015 at 09:05 PM.

Blog Entries

I am not completely following you - can you give an example from those mods? That would give me an idea how it is done and what it is aiming at.

like in deus when my kingdom was in debts, merchant would loan you $ but replay + interest, hold a holy council for piety boost, mercenaries would offer training services or units, grand council to boost the type of education they are having such as governor traits vs general traits( these are they learning depending on where you station your officers in castle vs towns) etc options some boost loyalty some offer other services like investments ( i havent gotten far in game).

sorry this is only image i can upload, but they also have internal strife and we know this happens a lot in the three kingdoms era. where officers could disobey their lieges start a civil war, officers siding among themselves aganist the king
    Last edited by cheesegrader; January 21, 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Ah, I see. Random and condition based, interactive events. I am a fan of the RPG element of the game, so this makes perfect sense.

We hadn't really gotten down to 'small' events as we were concentrating on the faction missions and the trait system. The trait system in RotK is so interwoven by now that adding a new aspect to it like the education system you describe (we don't have castles to start with) may just mess up the existing interaction. Onetime issues like the one in the pic or merchant interaction, mercenaries (unique via spawn or influence on recruiting) can be done without a problem.
    The revolting issue starts getting difficult if it should involve a principle like the 'barons' in brittania - but spawns of rebels isn't much of a problem. Alliances can be scripted as well.

I see if I can come up with some events.