Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Ideas/Suggestions

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Ideas/Suggestions

Hi Gig i wonder what cai best for rotk mod ? xai ? or savage ? i am bit dumb about this part
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

We used the 'savage' one.

i really love this mod
    han
    Empire should hold few city
    sishui pass
    hong nong
    luo yang

two general
    chinese name
    董承 Dǒng chéng楊鳳 yáng fèng

After a few hours of playing (until CTD), I have a few comments:
    1. Economy is way, way too easy.
    2. 12 turns/year is just too many turns, this also causes unbalancing between army building and economic. Since the time to replenish is too long && too many turns a year (= too much money), after a while you'll just sit on the money doing mostly nothing (this is also kinda unrealistic compared to how costly to raise and maintain an army at that time)
    3. 1 diplomat limit is just painful and unrealistic (please tell me where I can find the file to remove this limit)

Aside from these, this mode absolutely kick ass
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Income from settlement trade at some stage will be zero, which means you will have only tax income and merchant income.
    I don't think 12pty is the underlying reason for the money surplus, it will, as you state, be that the income is simply more then you can spend on recruiting and building. A reduction in recruiting\replenishing times should help here. It could make for interesting game play as you should still be restricted in the total number of units you can recruit - but will be able to replace lost units faster.
    You should be able to recruit a total of 5 agents, one per building of the Administrative Agencies tree from Taishou Fu onward. You can disable the limit by commenting out\deleting this part of the recruiting line: and not event_counter diplomat_limit 1

Thank you very much

At first things seem unbalanced but after like 40 turns, it turns out ok as you now have a lot of units and only with that kind of money would make do.
    Personally, I think limited units number does not sound great as the AI just spam full stacks and you'll need A LOT of units to defeat them (the Yuan had like 20+ full stacks and it took my ~15 stacks almost a year to destroy them).
    Another thing I noticed that in winter time, general's movement is decreased however the units (without general) have same movement with summer time (and AI generals are not affected).

Your game is already great and I don't think there's much change needed. However please make the generals tougher, they are supposed to be tough but they just injure, under weather, wounded, die, etc. too much.

And also a building tree would be great, I've no idea that I have to build armory before able to upgrade the barracks
    _____________________________________________________________________________

As a suggestion I play Xiliang often and find the Shu province seems to take the Di steppes very early on. I was wondering if perhaps we could make this more difficult with a few rebel stacks at the town as is the case with the northern tribes? Just to help limit expansion in strange areas. At least in the northern provinces the huge multi stacks of rebels make it not worthwhile to conquer the desert. The Di steppe on the other hand can become a powerful strategic enterance to the south/north. If this was intended carry on. Just a thought.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789