Thread: A Semi-Historical Alternative History as Liu Bei

Default A Semi-Historical Alternative History as Liu Bei

Faction: Liu Clan
    Character: Liu Bei
    Game Difficulty: VH/VH
    Game Mode: Iron Man
    Historical Accuracy: As close as possible but constrained by game mechanics (I was lucky Liu Biao died REALY early) with role-playing elements
    Entry: 1

Winter A.D. 195
    Xuzhou, what was once one of the most prosperous provinces under heaven with fertile farmlands stretching thousands of li in every direction has been reduced to waste by Cao Cao's campaigns, the Si River choked with the corpses of innocent civilians that did not escape the wrath of Cao Cao's war of reprisal.

With the support of the Prominent Local Clans, the Mi and Chen Clan, I have succeeded the late Xuzhou Governer Tao Qian and assumed command of this province. However our situation has never been more perilous, whilst Yuan Shao has acknowledged my succession as Governer of Xuzhou, there are three tigers, Lu Bu to the north, Cao Cao to the west and Yuan Shu to the south that eyes Xuzhou hungrily.

Our emissionary has just returned from JingZhou with word that Liu JingSheng would welcome us and allow us to be stationed in the town of Xin Ye. Although Xuzhou even in its current state is far richer than what Liu JingSheng has to offer, to stay would surely be to make PengCheng all our graves. And it is with a heavy heart that I have decided to take my faction westwards, towards JingZhou.

Spring A.D. 195
    The thawing of snow not only brings in the spring but also good tidings, Zhao Yun, an acquaintance and friend while I was under the service of GongSun Zhan has come to join our causes. With all the preparations for our departure complete I have decided to name Zhao Yun as general of the vanguard, Guan Yu as rear-guard and Zhang Fei to accompany the central army and responsible for my security. Our envoy Liu Qin has departed for JingZhou to send word to Liu JingSheng of our arrival.

Summer A.D. 195
    Our vanguard was beset by an army of NanYang, we lost few men due to Zi Long's diligence but what confounds me is why Zhang Lu would take hostile actions against us.

Summer A.D. 195
    Liu Qin arrived back at camp today, dishevelled, exhausted and bewildered. After some short rest and provisions made for water and food he was able to begin his tale. Upon passing XinYe Liu Qin noticed the flags of NanYang flying upon its walls, with the pressing issue of delivering my message to Liu JinSheng in mind did not pause to investigate. However what was waiting to greet him at XiangYang was not the warm hospitality expected one would accord to a foreign dignitary but shut gates and arrows. Cai Zhong led a party of light cavalry and gave chase, only Liu Qin of the diplomatic party survived. Could this possibly have a connection to the NanYang ambush?

Autumn A.D. 196
    XuZhou has fallen to Cao Cao, may he treat its inhabitants better as subjects than enemies. Yuan Shu has taken XiaPi and butchered its inhabitants, this will not be a crime that will be forgotten. In our path lay another NanYang army barring our way to JingZhou. Zhao Yun made short work of those petty scum losing only two hundred men and slaying well over ten times that amount.

Despite being disorganized from the battle, our supply shortage leaves us no choice but to immediately siege and assault the town of XinYe. The fighting was fierce with blood running like rivers down the streets but alas we triumphed. Jia Xu and Hu Che Er are worthy adversaries and even where offered their life in exchange for their surrender they refused. They shall be buried with honour.
    Winter A.D. 197
    It has been confirmed now that Liu JingSheng succumbed to his illness the previous summer. Cao Zhong with the support of Lady Cai has made Liu Cong successor of the title Governer of JingZhou. However, Liu Cong is a mere puppet and true power lies in the hands of the Cai Clan. XinYe was ceded to NanYang and Shang Xu to Yuan Shu for their recognition of this illegitimate succession. Though Cai Zhong maintains a peaceful façade, our scouts have reported troop movements by Yuan Shu to our east. We have no choice but to launch a pre-emptive strike upon XiangYang.
    Spring A.D. 197
    Glorious Victory! We have taken XiangYang and beheaded the devil dog Cao Zhong! Subjects dissatisfied with the Cai Clan’s usurpation are flocking to our banner.

[img]http://oi58.tinypic.com/n4fgj4.jpg[img]

Default Re: A Semi-Historical Alternative History as Liu Bei

Failed Image:

More Entries to Come

With XiangYang secured our position is much more stable. However we cannot let our caution fall, the Cai Clan still commands considerable sized armies loyal to them and Yuan Shu's ambitions for JingZhou must be addressed.

Our forces under Zhang Fei has crushed the remnants of the XiangYang garrison loyal to the Cai Clan, in the battle Yi De led his personal cavalry straight into the centre of the enemy line, skewering the enemy commander in one swift strike. The remnants of the pathetic enemies crumbled away like a mountain falling, there were too numerous to capture and many escaped. Zhang Fei's Buqu captured 630 captives alone!