Thread: Great adventures.

Icon5 Great adventures.

Hi.

I have a rather pressing question. Its not game-breaking, but im awfully curious. Some factions (like that of Lu Bu) have scholars that have a small button instead of calling crusades, saying "Call a great adventure". Ive been wondering for the longest time on what those adventures are. Never have i managed to get a scholar to a high enough conviction level to call one such adventure, so i dont know whats going to happen.

Is the concept of Great Adventures still a work in progress for the dev team, or is it already implemented? If so, then how high must a scholars conviction be to call an adventure and how can i get a scholars conviction that high? Also, are there any special rewards for completing adventures, like extra xp for troops, special traits for generals, or new spawned generals and whatnot?

Another thing ive already wondered is the hp cap on a general. Can a general have unlimited health? I mean, when i gave my general +800 hp through a modified trait, the general still died like normally, but when i gave +200 instead, then the general survived the battle. (couldve survived just by coincidence though)

Thanks, impatiently looking forward for answers.
    Dragonjv2.

Default Re: Great adventures.

Hello.

I'm guessing that the Great Adventure would work just like the Jihad from the vanilla game that it seems to be replacing. I believe that imams in the base game needed about 4 piety to call one, but its possible that the developers raised that requirement to make it so that they couldn't actually be called. I don't know what their intentions are, but to me it seems like the Adventure is just left over from the fact that whatever idealism these factions have (Factionism, I think?) is a re-skinned Islam, because I'm not sure how such a mechanic would fit into the setting.

Of course, I'm not on the team, so that is just conjecture on my part, really. It would be interesting to learn more.

Hi.

Thanks for your input. It may or may not be possible to raise the requirement to, lets say 11 piety, meaning it can never be achieved, but if it is not meant to be used, then why were crusades and jihads changed into great adventures in the first place? If the devs deliberately made it unusable, then perhaps thats still under construction? My bets would be on some difficult expeditions. Lets say you have a great empire and armies of imperial elites, and you call upon a great adventure to subdue a collection of tribes in the north(you know, those 20 stack mongol rebel armies that roam around in the deserts?) and get some sort of bonus for defeating, lets say, an army, or capturing a certain settlement. My second guess would be that the journey could take your army to that isolated island in the far bottom right corner of the map. Ive taken that island many times in my campaigns, making up some narrative about why i would undertake some 60 turn journey there and living in isolation. The settlement on that island, sadly, doesnt allow you to recruit core units for some reason, but the island has a very valuable gold supply your merchant can use.
    Anywho, im really looking forward to a reply for someone on the dev team, or someone who knows the answers to these questions.

Hungry for knowledge.
    Dragonjv2.

I don't think they are still working on this mechanic. Gigantus said that the team is no longer working on the mod. So that Great Adventure might just be an unfinished thing or a leftover from Medieval 2.
    Last edited by Nichita; March 09, 2016 at 11:37 AM.

Ah, that is very sad to hear.

Actually, i managed to get one of my scholars up to level 10 conviction and the button became unlocked!
    I havent gotten around to completing one yet, but apparently it works just like a jihad. The first city that you can call a jihad on is the imperial capital, located in some woods. Apparently, you cannot invade it because there is no path leading there on the map. Finally a narrative for Lu Bu to venture out of Chang An and decimate entire capitals simply for the purpose of getting free chevrons for his soldiers.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

You cannot completely disable the jihad button afaik - the game does not accept piety values greater then 10 for the min setting to call a jihad. Hence it got activated when you reached 10. We had planned some mission like stuff for that function but in the end never got around implementing it.

As to unlimited health of a general - there is a hard coded limit of hit points afaik (in the single digits I think), trying to give anything beyond simply doesn't 'stick'.