Thread: Repeated failure to install RotK

Default Repeated failure to install RotK

During installation I receive the following error message:

Rise of three Kingdoms has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

"mods\Three_Kingdoms\data\ui\southern_european\portraits\portraits\old\generals\201.TGA: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC)

You will have to run this utility again to completely install Rise of three Kingdoms."

I actually allocate the mod to the main M2TW directory at the start of the process so I'm assuming it's supposed to jump to the 'mods' folder on its own. My OS is Windows 8.1.

Can anyone give me advice on what might be wrong here and what can be done to fix this problem, please?

Default Re: Repeated failure to install RotK

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Jia View Post
    During installation I receive the following error message:

Rise of three Kingdoms has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

"mods\Three_Kingdoms\data\ui\southern_european\portraits\portraits\old\generals\201.TGA: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC)

You will have to run this utility again to completely install Rise of three Kingdoms."

I actually allocate the mod to the main M2TW directory at the start of the process so I'm assuming it's supposed to jump to the 'mods' folder on its own. My OS is Windows 8.1.

Can anyone give me advice on what might be wrong here and what can be done to fix this problem, please?
    Update

Okay, never mind. I had that problem from the version where you download the zip files in 3 separate parts from Media Fire. I deleted those ones and downloaded the single big one including patch 4a. It and the patch installed no problem.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Repeated failure to install RotK

Great to hear to manage to fix it.