Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Prelude to Version 2.3

Default Re: Prelude to Version 2.3

I just finished a 200 turn playtest using Installer #2, so it's definitely stable. Even so, we keep noticing a few things that either don't work as planned or need some tweaking, so the team is still polishing the build. Meanwhile Genghis Skahn, damn him, keeps adding new traits and depth to the existing factions. I remember when you could just snooze your way through a boring Pritanoi "park-and-watch" campaign to see how new features played out over the long term. Not any more. The Pritanoi are....interesting....they have realistic traits and those FMs don't like to be left just sitting there. They want to raid and conquer and take heads and....and...and....

I'm testing, damn it, I don't WANT to care about you guys!!
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    I just finished a 200 turn playtest using Installer #2, so it's definitely stable. Even so, we keep noticing a few things that either don't work as planned or need some tweaking, so the team is still polishing the build. Meanwhile Genghis Skahn, damn him, keeps adding new traits and depth to the existing factions. I remember when you could just snooze your way through a boring Pritanoi "park-and-watch" campaign to see how new features played out over the long term. Not any more. The Pritanoi are....interesting....they have realistic traits and those FMs don't like to be left just sitting there. They want to raid and conquer and take heads and....and...and....

I'm testing, damn it, I don't WANT to care about you guys!!
    Thanks for sharing!

Raffula's Avatar Libertus

Thank you team! you are creating a perfect game, that i think it will follow me for all my life

Thx for all the hard work guys. Is there enough new events/changes to warrant a new Romani campaign? I'm at around turn 150 on my campaign but I'd scrap it if it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPolack View Post
    Thx for all the hard work guys. Is there enough new events/changes to warrant a new Romani campaign? I'm at around turn 150 on my campaign but I'd scrap it if it's worth it.
    There's been a complete rewrite of Italian recruitment (though the impact is subtle, primarily you'll have fewer Etruscans) and you've got the Umbro-Picenians to recruit in the north. Roman bodyguards are no longer the regular Camillian Equites, and there are now cavalry officers in the Equites.

No changes to reforms, no new scripted events.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No changes to reforms, no new scripted events.
    The Family Tree was revised and biographies added for everyone, including all male children. One of whom is a very young chap who will grow up to become....Cunctator!
    EBII Council

The Family Tree was revised and biographies added for everyone, including all male children. One of whom is a very young chap who will grow up to become....Cunctator!
    Oh boy. I might have to give another Rome game a whirl, just so I can patiently wait for Cunctator to grow up so I can patiently wait as Cunctator.

That is, if I can tear myself away from those Celtiberians and their absolutely fascinating looking colonization. Every faction that has a colonization system has one that's either supplementary or intertwined with their government forms, but Areuakoi almost seems like you either go down the "traditional" government path or you go for Migration and then go down the colonization path. I have soooo many questions but since the patch is coming so soon I might as well hold out and experience it myself... if I can make myself cunctate that long.

Thank you! I am especially looking forward to the Areuakoi.

That said I'm a bit confused. What exactly are the Leusitane & Celtiberian homelands (Established Community)? The start provinces of the Areuakoi and Leusitane?

This looks damn good. Can't wait.
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

The excited one's Avatar Senator

make sure the bug for Provincia for Alexandreia is fixed.... double check the bugs guys

in one of my campaign I occupied Alexandriea without provincia
    Last edited by The excited one; September 21, 2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: adding new comment
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Fume View Post
    Thank you! I am especially looking forward to the Areuakoi.

That said I'm a bit confused. What exactly are the Leusitane & Celtiberian homelands (Established Community)? The start provinces of the Areuakoi and Leusitane?

In terms of Gameplay, the Leusitane homeland is formed by Baeturia, Lusitania-Vettonia and Gallaecia (the three western provinces of the Iberian Peninsula), and the Celtiberian homeland is formed by the Celtiberia (Sekeiza) and Celtiberia-Carpetania (Kontrebia). Basically, the established community represents some hispano-celtic migrations in the Lusitanian areas where the culture is more related with the Atlantic world. The counterpart of this colony, would be the area of mercenary recruitment only available in the Iberian homelands (eastern provinces). In the future it will provide a cool Celtiberian unit.

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    make sure the bug for Provincia for Alexandreia is fixed.... double check the bugs guys

in one of my campaign I occupied Alexandriea without provincia
    If you mean the province building, it's definitely there (just looked at in the new installer version)
    EBII Council

If you mean the province building, it's definitely there (just looked at in the new installer version)
    I fixed it a little while ago; the provinc has region-limited construction through a string of hidden_resource requirements. I'd left out ioudaioi, which enables it in Alexandreia and Akko. Both of which had pools which could never be accessed, because you couldn't build the government there.

We now have a preview video, thanks to xHolyCrusader.

Looks gorgeous, great work! Thank you all EBII team for your efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    ...I just finished a roughly 800-turn Koinon Hellenon campaign where I conquered the Mediterranean and most of Europe.
    You wouldn't still happen to have a save file would you? I would love to take a look.

"Crazy Elephants" in a Total War Video...
    xHolyCrusader never disappoints!

i am disturbed by the lack of gauls in that preview!

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Im so happy!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

AM EXCITE

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast