Thread: 4.2 version is out - wow.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon3 4.2 version is out - wow.

Updated for 4.2:
    This is a dream come true

Hello everyone,

I wanted to bring some attention to 4.1 being out (thank you so much for removing the chinese characters from unit cards!) and share some of my opinions on this excellent mod. So here it goes:

1. Unit cards
    ;
    Previously, the obtrusive writing was the biggest obstacle for me to enjoy the mod (I couldn't see anything) - now hurray, it's gone!
    However, I still experience some difficulties in seeing them, mainly the background colour is too dark:

And in battles, they are too short:

2. Suggestion: to add battlemap unit_select voices (and 3 ways to do it)
    ;
    I personally hate missing selection voices (like "Archers!" or "Spearmen!" in Medieval 2 mods. So much that I fixed this issue for SSHIP, where I've literally added hundreds of entries.
    In RoTK, the setting is different, therefore I can see three different ways this could be done:

A) Easiest way: Just apply mongolian voices to everyone. Not the most elegant or appropriate, but imo this could hold suspension of disbelief.

B) Easy way: Prepare 2 sets of voices (5 files each) for cheap units and for hardy/expensive ones. Voices could simply say "Yes?", "Yes, sir!", "Ready!" etc. in Mandarin and other languages.

C) Hard way: take voices from other games (like Three Kingdoms TW - if they have them, I don't even know) and apply to each unit class accordingly. So to pikemen, archers, heavy cavalry, special units and whatnot.

So this is it
    Either way, thanks for making this mod guys!
    Last edited by Just let me post; August 20, 2020 at 09:36 AM.