Thread: Any solution for avoiding the Bad Trader Trait

Icon5 Any solution for avoiding the Bad Trader Trait

Hello, I‘ve downloaded the mod today and already played a few hours with Milan. I had a lot of fun but one thing was really frustrating. All of my generals / governors got the fiscally challenged trait by completing a building in their city. In Medieval II Total War Vanilla this only happens if there is no grain exchange in the city. All of my cities had atleast one of the market buildings which I build in the first few turns while all of my generals were on a crusade. I‘ve made some test runs but I cannot figure out which building activates the trigger. Finishing roads in all of the three settlements with a general was the only time the bad trait didn‘t pop up. But after the next turn all of them got the fiscally challenged trait no matter what I did.
    Is there any solution for this? I would really appreciate any kind of help as I‘m in some sort of roleplaying and I cannot stand my generals having bad traits.
    The same issue seems to appear in the Vanilla Kingdoms Americas campaign btw. https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...d-trader-trait

Do I have to build something else first, is this a bug and / or could this be fixed by editing some of the game files?

Many thanks in advance.

Default Re: Any solution for avoiding the Bad Trader Trait

just do this remove_trait this BadTrader... and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    just do this remove_trait this BadTrader... and thats it.
    Thanks for your response.
    So the console command would be „remove_trait (character name) BadTrader“, correct?
    Is this command permanent - atleast until I‘ll start a new campaign - or do I have to retype it after each turn?

you would have to retype it in everytime. It sucks but you just have to do it! Pm if you need help with anything else.

Select the character (he has to be outside a settlement), and type in the console

remove_trait this "BadTrader"

if BadTrader is indeed the name of the trait. I forget if you need the "" around the trait name or not. You don't have to do it every turn, only when it appears. It probably won't appear twice for the same character. For a long-term fix, you'll have to look in the export_descr_character_traits file and change/delete the triggers or change the effects of the trait.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t;[URL="tel:15980392"
    15980392[/URL]]Select the character (he has to be outside a settlement), and type in the console

remove_trait this "BadTrader"

if BadTrader is indeed the name of the trait. I forget if you need the "" around the trait name or not. You don't have to do it every turn, only when it appears. It probably won't appear twice for the same character. For a long-term fix, you'll have to look in the export_descr_character_traits file and change/delete the triggers or change the effects of the trait.
    Thanks for your help. I have fixed it by giving all my generals the GoodTrader trait. Now everything works fine.

Hey, I found this pretty annoying as well and started digging around in the files. It seems that one of the mesoamerican triggers is the culprit. It checks for a mesoamerican marketplace and when it doesn't find it, it adds the badtrader trait to the governor. The fix:

1. Open \MODS\totalvanillab\data\export_desc_character_traits.txt in a text editor
    2. Find the trigger not_building_trade_meso
    3. Add another condition for mesoamerican cultures only. The section should look like this:

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger not_building_trade_meso
    WhenToTest GovernorBuildingCompleted

Condition SettlementBuildingExists >= wooden_wall
    and CultureType mesoamerican
    and not SettlementBuildingExists >= marketplace

Affects BadTrader 1 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------