Thread: Suggestion: Regional Units.

Default Suggestion: Regional Units.

I think basing unit recruitment on region as opposed to faction is a better system. I dont really like that You can recruit He Bei troops inn Yong liang or ba shu. It doesnt make logistical sense. Also the troops from he bei have soldiers proficent in cavalry Ba Shu does not, so cavalry recruited in Ba Shu wouldnt be as good cavalry as He Bei. I know the developers are going to vary the stats of the regional troops. This would mean the more regions you control the more varied your armies would be. You could get the best troops from each region put it into one army. But logistically you wouldnt be able to replenish the troops from He Bei in say Jing province.

Also then you wouldnt have to worry about making the units named liu clan swordsmen and stuff which, in my opinion, doesn't look good. If liu bei moves to a new location he gets new troop types of that region. In the novel warlords would gain troops from the region they conquered. Like cao cao gained He Bei troops after defeating yuan shao which made his cavalry force even more powerful. I remember when guan yu was in charge of Jing province he was leading jing troops. He was defeated because the Jing troops deserted him when the soldiers families asked them to come home.

Also for getting generals of different regions to defect you would get all the troops accompanying them instead of just the character because every faction would have all units available to them. This would also add flavor to the barbarian regions by getting to recruit barbarians from the steepe areas once conquered.

What im getting at is you could use hidden resources to set up recruitment pools for each region and make all units recruit-able for all factions but then you give the hidden resource to the cities in corresponding areas to make it so you can only recruit that regions troops in the correct region.

It would be tedious work to get that working but it should be pretty simple for you guys to do.

I like that you guys added Lelang for Gongsun du. It seemed to make him more aggressive. Add some rebel settlments for liaodong to conquer in korea and some regional korean style units and i think Liaodong will be a complete faction.

Great work with the mod guys, just suggesting some things that i think would make it even greater.

Default Re: Suggestion: Regional Units.

It would be possible, but that means alot of script/texture work.

Btw, you posted 3 copies of these

I know internet broke... some moderator please delete the copies

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

A lot, yes. It would have to be a tiered process. First a new base roster would need to be made (which is in the works), then regional divisions would need to be made (let's say 6), then each factions would have to have all of those units skinned, info/unit cards made, and EDU/BMDB entries made.

As an example, let's say that there will be 14 "standard" units shared amongst the "Han" factions. Those 14 units would have to be spread across the 6 regional divisions, making 84 entries. Then with those 84 entries, EDU and BMDB entries and textures would have to be made for each of them for all of the 20 "Han" factions. Then you have to overhaul EDB for conditional recruitment. It can be done, but don't expect it any time soon as it will be a very, very time consuming project.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

O i forgot each faction has a diffrent color so that be alot of texturing. Well just somethin to consider for future work

Something to be considered in the very FAR future, right now, we're focusing on getting new units in.

What is the priorities in the mod that are being worked on?

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Right now it is creating new models and textures for an entirely new roster.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR