Thread: Fatal Crash!!!

Default Fatal Crash!!!

So,I play as Liu Bei with the missions in the campaign...I have just destroyed and conquered Ba-Shu but every time I click on end turn,the game crashes right away.Any idea what is goin on???

*I am aware of the last quick fix and I have already used it

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fatal Crash!!!

Check the ReaMe in this forum and then provide the log as described there.

Ok,right...there you go:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/0a17uc

Ummm...any idea what is goin on????

Blog Entries

Not sure what is happening - it crashes after the end of the multiple spawn when the "Shu Defectors" event triggers.

I would have to do some testing to see what is happening.

Edit: Did the "Shu Defectors" event display?
    Please do me a favor - before you click on end turn wait about 20 seconds, that way I can establish when the AI turns start. Then please submit your log again. I don't think it has to do with the event - it must be something else.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 03, 2014 at 06:59 AM.

The "Shu Defectors" event is not displayed yet.Maybe it happens in the next round I can't get to because of the crash("Prominent People of Shu" event has been displayed).I have just destroyed Ba-Shu and conquered the required regions in the round I'm stuck...after that I saved my game and next thing I know is crash when I click on "end turn".

I will do as you said and submit the log again...

I hope this one can help:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/2qij8h

Blog Entries

Please include your campaign_script file as well - I have worked on mine therefore the line numbers in your log do not agree with what I have.

File is in this directory: ...\Three_Kingdoms\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Not sure what is happening - it crashes after the end of the multiple spawn when the "Shu Defectors" event triggers.
    Not sure if this helps any, but I hear that there's a problem with the Rome shell (which includes M2TW), where if units spawn on top of each other then the game will crash. This happens most often with games that have a LOT of units all over the place and a rebel happens to spawn on top of an existing stack. The issue was pretty common with the Broken Crescent mod due to how one of their events spawned the units for the 4th Crusade then had the AI move those units to Constantinople and siege it, and IIRC there's a thread somewhere in that sub-forum that goes into a lot of detail in regards to how the game engine handles such events.
    Non-TW AAR: Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan [HOI3 with HPP mod] - last updated April 16, 2013

Any news on the matter???

Blog Entries

Spawning on top of each doesn't seem to be a problem - I have done that multiple times in the 1648 mod. As long as there is space where the dropped spawn can 'slide' to then there isn't a problem. The problem starts when there is no available space where the additional spawn can slide to.

----

I went through the log and traced what is happening there. All commands have executed properly, even the 'defectors' event (defeating BaShu and holding a certain set of settlements.
    18:29:22.534 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 1870
    The last command executing before the crash is an increase in the event counter from the 'defectors' event
    18:29:22.544 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <inc_event_counter> at line 1957
    All this is happening within 1\100th of a second and what ever happened AFTER that caused the crash and prevented the event to be shown.
    I have been trying to re-create the circumstances, but in my case I did not have a problem with the spawn. I would therefore conclude that the crash reason is not within that part of the script.
    Is it possible for you to delay the defeat of the BaShu faction for one round? And then try again?

I see...Unfortunately though,I can't delay the defeat of BaShu because I have already saved my game afterwards so...if there is a way to make some space for the spawns(move some units etc.) or something???

Blog Entries

There are 4 armies that are supposed to spawn. They are in some distance from the settlement and from each other - it's highly unlikely that this is the reason.

You can try the following: lift the fog of war (pull down the console by pressing the ~ button at the top left) and type toggle_fow, then make sure your setting is on 'follow AI' and that you don't have accelerated character movement (press the spacebar if it is fast).
    Now press\click turn end again and try to see where and when the crash happens. See at the top which faction symbol shows when the crash happens.

By the time I click "end turn" it crashes right away before I see any faction movement...

Blog Entries

That is strange indeed, I will check the FactionTurnEnd monitors and see if something gets triggered there that might cause the problem.

Did you find anything Gigantus??? Well maybe it's inevitable...it's not the first time,it happens with mods!

Blog Entries

Nothing so far, bug hunting the script can be a night mare - ours has 25.000 lines by now.