Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2r released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2f released!

But i need them in battle anyway (Carthage send here 20 units + armies). In my cities who need only to been managed and aren't on war fronts i've only Machimoi, akontistai or only a family member/general/client ruler.

In Petra i've my biggest army but is ever in revolt I will must build a lot of temples

One thing I'm still thinking about are the exact differences between an allied democracy and an allied oligarchy? When to use which?

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotkill View Post
    One thing I'm still thinking about are the exact differences between an allied democracy and an allied oligarchy? When to use which?
    Oligarchy provides more cavalry, democracy more infantry and naval bonuses. Overall it depends on what units are available in specific region. There are also minor differences in cost and time to build, but that's almost irrelevant.

You can't build Democracies in camps, which is another constraint.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but there are two odd things that popped up in my game.

Getai are passive, like really. 80 turns into game, they did not expand at all. They had plenty of rebel settlements around, but I did not notice them ever going into offensive. They have at least two full stacks, but I haven't seen any evidence of them trying to conquer anything.

I'm not sure that recruitment limtation script is working. I've seen Epirus, down to last settlement, dish out a unit every turn for a long time. Pergamon was also spamming units until I put an end to them.

Biarchus

Could somebody advise me on how to upload a save. I'd like the team to look at one. I get an error when trying to upload to TWC.

DEV'S which faction is completely finished government and units and all
    am planing to start a new save and wanna have the full experience of a finished faction
    i only tried saba and bousberos and rome in my 50 hour play through so far

Quote Originally Posted by mr.playa View Post
    am planing to start a new save and wanna have the full experience of a finished faction
    Hellenic factions are most fleshed out I think.

50 turns into my Saka campaign and I'm loving the changes that have been made. (lol @ Ranka connoisseur) They have made the Saka Rauka a lot more user friendly without lowering the challenge level.
    Two things I've noticed:
    1. When leaving settlements without a FM to manage and AFTER I've unticked the auto manage boxes I still end up with the computer automatically retraining units but recruiting new ones...is there a reason for this or is it a glitch?
    2. I like how the settlements now have their names changed (granted I've only taken Alexandria Eschate) when you conquer them. I'm guessing this is for the non-greek speaking factions/non-hellenic factions? Not played the Palahva/Sauromatae yet.

Great work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Custard View Post
    1. When leaving settlements without a FM to manage and AFTER I've unticked the auto manage boxes I still end up with the computer automatically retraining units but recruiting new ones...is there a reason for this or is it a glitch
    Sorry that should read "but thankfully not recruiting new ones..."

Does this forum not allow you to edit your previous posts?

We've fixed the issue with the Client Ruler in Thermon - he was missing his trait trigger.

Also solved the Potential Successor problem - fortunately it just required turning a setting up a notch. This now works - even for the Seleukids, which will ensure you can maintain a particular line of succession.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but there are two odd things that popped up in my game.

Getai are passive, like really. 80 turns into game, they did not expand at all. They had plenty of rebel settlements around, but I did not notice them ever going into offensive. They have at least two full stacks, but I haven't seen any evidence of them trying to conquer anything.

I'm not sure that recruitment limtation script is working. I've seen Epirus, down to last settlement, dish out a unit every turn for a long time. Pergamon was also spamming units until I put an end to them.
    Getai have a difficult starting position, that happens sometimes.

It stops working after turn 100 - what turn are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    Could somebody advise me on how to upload a save. I'd like the team to look at one. I get an error when trying to upload to TWC.
    Try putting it inside a zip file.

I can't do anything with saves, but one of the others might.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.playa View Post
    None of them are finished. Carthage or one of the Hellenistic factions is probably the closest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Custard View Post
    50 turns into my Saka campaign and I'm loving the changes that have been made. (lol @ Ranka connoisseur) They have made the Saka Rauka a lot more user friendly without lowering the challenge level.
    Two things I've noticed:
    1. When leaving settlements without a FM to manage and AFTER I've unticked the auto manage boxes I still end up with the computer automatically retraining units but recruiting new ones...is there a reason for this or is it a glitch?
    2. I like how the settlements now have their names changed (granted I've only taken Alexandria Eschate) when you conquer them. I'm guessing this is for the non-greek speaking factions/non-hellenic factions? Not played the Palahva/Sauromatae yet.

Great work guys!
    Glad you're enjoying them; things get really interesting with their reform.

Are these camps? It might be a hardcoded thing, like the inability to set tax levels.

Most of the settlements in the eastern end of the map have both "native" and Hellenstic names (in a few instances, they have specifically Seleukid names too). So if somewhere changes hands several times, you'll notice the name change back and forth.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Getai have a difficult starting position, that happens sometimes.

It stops working after turn 100 - what turn are you in?
    Both cases were sometime between turns 40-70. I find it ridiculous that a faction down to one large town, with port blockaded and land trade impossible because they're surrounded by hostile territory, can recruit and sustain over two full stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Both cases were sometime between turns 40-70. I find it ridiculous that a faction down to one large town, with port blockaded and land trade impossible because they're surrounded by hostile territory, can recruit and sustain over two full stacks.
    It's better than the alternative, which is a faction driven to passivity by debt and lacking the ability to defend itself if attacked.

Also there's the human player to the south of them, and you've stolen some of their early potential gains.

Biarchus

Qart-Hadast 22f.zip

Hopefully this attachment works. I was hoping someone could look at this. It's 2.2f. My capital Carthage has 49,000 people and is going strong at 4% growth and earning $13,000 mnai. The FL is currently the governor. When I move the FL out, the growth and income drastically reduce. However, the FL does not appear to have growth inducing traits so I find this very confusing. His overall traits do not appear to be very good. There appears in my opinion to be something wrong. It would be great if someone could take a look...

Biarchus

My capital is now at 80,000 people and still growing at 5%. It's also at an income now of 17,000 mnai. I'ts incredible!!!... There must be a bug or error in some coding somewhere....

I did notice that in Naisos, where I habitually recruit both the Client rulers, neither ends up with the interloper trait.
    Generally expansion seems much more moderate than in 2.2e but it is early days yet (turn 50).
    It does feel closer to 2.2d but the debt issues are much more manageable - so it's looking good.
    A side affect of the amened unrest value is that both Taras and Rhegium have revolted and rejoined the Epeirotes - leaving the poor Romans no better off.
    I suspect that there would have to be a special resource or bonus to give the Romans a chance of holding them without otherwise making it too easy to maintain huge empires.
    Regards
    P.

Biarchus

I have now realized that in my campaign the famine in my capital of Carthage had disappeared. That's why the growth was extremely high. However, at one point the famine re-appeared and the growth has now stalled at 90,000. As to the reason the famine disappeared, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    I have now realized that in my campaign the famine in my capital of Carthage had disappeared. That's why the growth was extremely high. However, at one point the famine re-appeared and the growth has now stalled at 90,000. As to the reason the famine disappeared, I have no idea.
    Famine disappear if you produce or import more food More population: more food need.

That's true, but 90k households is simply nuts, I have never been able to cross 40k in any of EBII games, not even with excellent governors and all population boosters built.

It has to be your FL who does this. Traits have been worked on for 2.2f, maybe there is some hidden trait that has no icon?

Colos