Thread: Enabling the Toggle Fow In Hotseat

Icon11 Enabling the Toggle Fow In Hotseat

Hello ! I wish you everybody a wonderfull and healthy days.

I need your asistance about something. I am playing a hotseat game in a mod of MTW2 and i am playing by myself. I control all of the 20 nations and fighting against myself(I can't be the only one who enjoys this , right ?.... Right !?) Anyway , i just want to use the "toggle_fow" command for my campaing but can't do it. The game told me the consule comands are disabable for the hotseat campaings. I tried to edit the CFG file in the mod folder and did disable_console = "1" but it does not work. So my question is , how can i enable this code for my hotseat game ? I guess i don't need a admin password or anything , i don't have a problem with all players can access that code since i am the only one who plays it and i just want to use "toggle_fow" nothing else , so if there is a another way to add that to the hotseat game without enable to consule command , it will work for me as well.

Thanks for the replys !
    Note : I am not a native English speaker , i do apologise for my grammar mistakes.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Enabling the Toggle Fow In Hotseat

Well, the console is disabled by default for hotseats for obvious reasons - which means you need to enable it BEFORE starting a game. I do however vaguely remember that the admin of a hotseat can use the console - no idea however how that works, Jadli, Mergor over at the hotseat forum might be able to shed light on that.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

You're not the only one, in fact this is one of the main ways I play these days. To that end I have the following settings, essential for singleplayer use.

These are key settings in the [hotseat] section. A little more than you asked, but including what you need.

Code:
    scroll = 0
    turns = 0 
    disable_console = 0 
    admin_password = a
    passwords = 0
    disable_console = 0 is the main option. '1' will disable it and you can only access it through the admin_password. Scroll, turns, and passwords are all settings I have to streamline it, since they would be on for multiplayer use but are pointless in singleplayer.

I set admin password to 'a' just in case, but it is not necessary (and it has nothing to do with the 'passwords' setting, which is for players).

You cannot change these mid campaign, a new one is required for these settings to take effect since they are built into the game save when the game is started. If you had an admin password when starting (default is often just 'password'), you could use the command 'logon password' and then use other commands, like toggle_fow.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; April 27, 2022 at 11:14 AM.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Well, the console is disabled by default for hotseats for obvious reasons - which means you need to enable it BEFORE starting a game. I do however vaguely remember that the admin of a hotseat can use the console - no idea however how that works, Jadli, Mergor over at the hotseat forum might be able to shed light on that.
    Thank you for your reply. Looks like i need to start a new one for using consule comands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    You're not the only one, in fact this is one of the main ways I play these days. To that end I have the following settings, essential for singleplayer use.

These are key settings in the [hotseat] section. A little more than you asked, but including what you need.

Code:
    scroll = 0
    turns = 0 
    disable_console = 0 
    admin_password = a
    passwords = 0
    disable_console = 0 is the main option. '1' will disable it and you can only access it through the admin_password. Scroll, turns, and passwords are all settings I have to streamline it, since they would be on for multiplayer use but are pointless in singleplayer.

I set admin password to 'a' just in case, but it is not necessary (and it has nothing to do with the 'passwords' setting, which is for players).

You cannot change these mid campaign, a new one is required for these settings to take effect since they are built into the game save when the game is started. If you had an admin password when starting (default is often just 'password'), you could use the command 'logon password' and then use other commands, like toggle_fow.
    Thank you so much. I just copy paste your setting into my game CFG file and its worked ! Still cant use the comands on my old campaing but when i start a new one , consule comands starts working. Its okay ! Thank you.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Yes, you always need to start a campaign for these things to take effect