Downloads: Retrofit Mod 1.0

Retrofit Mod 1.0

Uploaded by Unspoken Knight - August 29, 2007
Author Author Unspoken Knight
File Size File Size 10.63 MB
Downloads Downloads 334,101
+ Download
Retrofits various Medieval II Total War (M2TW): Kingdoms features, improvements and bug fixes to vanilla M2TW.

========================================
REQUIRES MEDIEVAL II TOTAL WAR: KINGDOMS
========================================

Threads:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118680
http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/22609

TABLE OF CONTENTS
=================
=================

1.0 OVERVIEW
2.0 INSTALLATION
3.0 LAUNCHING THE MOD
4.0 CAVEATS AND KNOWN ISSUES
5.0 MODDING
6.0 CONTACT AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
7.0 LEGAL INFORMATION
8.0 ADIITIONAL INFORMATION

1.0 OVERVIEW
============

The Retrofit Mod retrofits various Medieval II Total War (M2TW): Kingdoms features, improvements and bug fixes to vanilla M2TW. This mod can be used as it is, or as a base to create additional M2TW: Kingdoms mods (see section 5.0).

The major features of the Retrofit Mod are:

- Hotseat Campaigns.
- Control AI Reinforcements.
- Boiling Oil.
- 4 Additional custom battle maps (Backwoods, Borderlands, Forts, Trenches).
- Unit rebalancing.
- AI Unit Recruitment tweaks.
- Campaign AI Tweaks.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
- Installer: The mod is packaged with an easy to use installer for computers with a valid installation of M2TW: Kingdoms.

2.0 INSTALLATION
================

The Retrofit Mod requires M2TW: Kingdoms.

To install the Retrofit Mod, simply run the supplied executable file. If you have a valid installation of M2TW: Kingdoms, installation setup will automatically determine the installation path and appropriate language assets (game audio and text) for the Retrofit Mod.

The Retrofit Mod installs all game files into a separate mod path and does not modify any existing M2TW or M2TW: Kingdoms files. This protects the existing M2TW and M2TW: Kingdoms installations and allows multiple mods to be run from the same M2TW installation.

Installation consists of four main components:

- Required Retrofit Mod Files: Core files required to install and use the Retrofit Mod. (REQUIRED)
- Copy M2TW Campaign Files: The installer will copy the required campaign files from the original M2TW installation. (REQUIRED)
- Copy M2TW Custom Battle Files: The installer can copy the custom battle files from the original M2TW installation. (OPTIONAL)
- Copy M2TW Save Games: The installer can copy save games from the original M2TW installation for use in the Retrofit Mod. (OPTIONAL)

3.0 LAUNCHING THE MOD
=====================

The Retrofit Mod can be launched via a number of methods:

- Start menu shortcut
- Quicklaunch icon
- Desktop icon
- M2TW game launcher (English)
- Batch file located in: [M2TW Path]\mods\retrofit\medieval2_retrofit.bat

4.0 CAVEATS AND KNOWN ISSUES
============================

- Version 1.0 of the Retofit Mod is designed to work with M2TW: Kingdoms with M2TW updated to version 1.03.000. Version 1.0 of the Retrofit Mod may not work correctly with future versions of M2TW: Kingdoms and M2TW.
- The Retrofit Mod may not install and/or run correctly for some downloadable distribution methods of M2TW or M2TW: Kingdoms.
- Although the Retrofit Mod contains assets for all available game languages, it has not been exhaustively tested for every language of M2TW: Kingdoms.
- The 4 additional custom battle maps have not been translated for non-english languages.
- Using M2TW save games in the Retrofit Mod has not been exhaustively tested.

5.0 MODDING
===========

The Retrofit Mod may supply a good base or reference for other M2TW: Kingdoms mods. Other mods may include content of the Retrofit Mod in whole or in part. Please acknowledge credit to the Retrofit Mod when Retrofit Mod content is used in other mods.

6.0 CONTACT AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
===================================

Support for the Retrofit Mod is provided through the Total War forums:

www.totalwarforums.com
www.twcenter.net/forums

For non-support related enquiries, the Author of the Retrofit Mod can be contacted directly at:

unspokenknight@gmail.com

Due to work, family and other commitments, the Author may not be able to reply or may take some time to reply to any enquiries. Please do not contact the Author of the Retrofit Mod directly for support.

7.0 LEGAL INFORMATION
=====================

This is an unofficial Mod for Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. SEGA and the Creative Assembly do not endorse or support this Mod.

All right, title, interest and ownership rights in this Mod belong to the Author of this Mod (as far as is legally possible).

The Author of this Mod (and for the avoidance of doubt SEGA and The Creative Assembly) will not be held responsible for the risks connected with any loss (financial or otherwise), damage to property, lost data, console, computer or handheld device failure, errors and lost business or other information as a result of possession, use or malfunction of this Mod.

8.0 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
==========================

Please also download and try the "Custom Campaign Mod" by "Unspoken Knight":

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1403

Images

None

Comments

spartan220
August 30, 2007 at 10:57 PM
nice downloading now! but hey will it be possible to make permanent forts availible for imperial campiagn?
uk_john
September 29, 2007 at 06:05 AM
Can you tell me what mods are using your mod as part of theirs? I would love to play one the big mods that change a lot of things, but the best one would be the one that also includes the Kingdoms gameplay options!
Bernardo II
November 30, 2007 at 04:45 PM
Hey I have Kingdoms through Steam and whenever I try and install this it says I dont have a valid copy of Kingdoms. Could you help me out?
Unspoken Knight
December 03, 2007 at 09:44 PM
You can try this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=132197
The Hammers
December 09, 2007 at 03:55 AM
Why cant i unlock the other factions even after i beat the short campaign...
Tadzreuli
January 07, 2008 at 04:06 AM
I have install retorfit mod 1.0, but Grand campaign dosn't work ??? why??
ForHolland
March 16, 2008 at 08:25 AM
i want to install the retrofit mod,but it doesn't work,it says it cant find a valid installation of TW kingdoms,but i got them installed so....
Warlord16
June 28, 2008 at 07:35 AM
Hello

I have installed the mod and used it now 3 or 4 times but after the second time the detail of the game started going down and now left me with almost a whole gray map and a dark battle map. I am unable to play and this has also accured to my normal medieval2 game, after the retrofit mod I haven't downloaded anything new, how can I get this away?
Unspoken Knight
July 03, 2008 at 10:59 PM
I am not sure what could be causing this issue. The Retrofit Mod installs fully into a separate mod directory and does not affect the original game. If you are experiencing this issue with both Retrofit and the original game, I would assume it is an issue with your original game. You might be best posting this issue in the Medieval II forums where other members can offer additional help.
pope gregory
August 02, 2008 at 04:32 AM
can we use with MTW2 normal one?
pope gregory
August 10, 2008 at 11:45 AM
hmm why cant play campaign btw cool battle editor
auvil
November 27, 2008 at 05:55 PM
I need some help. I downloaded this mod to play hotseat campaign on the grand campaign. But the AI is way different. They rarely initialize any type of attack. All that i want is to be able to play the hotseat in GC. No AI tweaks or anything else. Please help.
al1550
January 17, 2009 at 12:33 AM
Hay i have kingdoms and every thing runs well but retrofit wont read it therfor it wont install whats up with that any help thanks
IZob
August 29, 2009 at 02:12 AM
Hello.

I need some help . When I go to create a game in hotseat, one of the flipouts asks me for a 'Transfer Path'. What is a transfer path and where can I find it?! Ive tried running hotseat without a transfer path but obvisely it dosnt work.
Emperor Richard
November 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM
Wow, so many complaints. I feel sorry for the creator having to put up with so much criticism.