Author Author Infua
File Size File Size 8.67 MB
Downloads Downloads 2,441
+ Download
Realistic Recruitment

BETA 2a

Changes to previous version

AI
AI was improved, more agressive more challenging, more self defense.
Pirates will be also more aggressive and harder defend their home and trade routes.

Recruitment

Every ship now will cost more upkeep.
Numbers of soldiers in a unit for asian factions corrected
Possibility to have until 80 garrisons for each major faction added,
useless in battle they will act like police in your cities, their weapons are mostly pikes.
Try it out, tell me if not like the idea.

Research
Research costs a bit lower. Made by request of players.

Units

Artillery shoot now a bit faster to fit the faster musket shooting and to be more useful.
Grendiers and Guards will now work like stormtroopers.
Cavalry better against troops in a line and worser against troops in square formation.
Shooting over distance more than 60 m will be less accurate, it gives room for tactic.

Installation
Remove your Patch.pack from your DATA folder.
Then put my Realistic-Recruitment-2a.pack at your DATA folder. Start the game.

Save file to your PC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD

Realistic Recruitment

BETA 1

Changes to previous version

Recruitment
Every ship cost now around 4.000-8.000 of money.
Recruitment of cavalry more restricted to fit the infantry numbers
Recruitment of artillery also halfed from 4 to 2 of each
Generalbodyguards are now around 10 men strong, they should bodyguard general and not being your cavalry.

Research
Research costs a bit more, make preferences.

Units

Stats of all units are overworked.
Cavalry will now hurt your troops if they are not in

square.
Battle line units got high defense value, so to charge a fresh and full enemy battle line at front will mostly bring you a fiasko. Gunpowder units reload times are now higher to fit this: prussian infantry 4 shots, regular infantry 3 shots, militia 2-2.5 shots, peasants and cavalry 1-2 shots in a minute. If you let your troops charge or run over long distance they will be tired and lose the melee. Realistic behaviour is to walk close to the enemy and then charge, before this you should make the enemy line weaker by number and energy or morale. So form the line hold the enemy under fire then break his line with your reserve or flank him. Batteries have now more guns to be more dangerous.

Installation

Remove your Patch.pack from your DATA folder. Then put my Realistic-Recruitment-1.pack at your DATA folder. Start the game.

http://files.filefront.com/13487710

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD

Realistic Recruitment

EARLY BETA 0.5

After this discussion I got the Idea for Realistic Recruitment "Mod", to try to achiev more realism in Empire TW.

Do you think that to have unlimited units is bad for realism?
Is campaign to easy for you, you have enough of 10 line infantry
full stacks playing for dutch?
You want stay on historical development step?
If you dont like easy arcade gaming, so maybe this "Mod" will be for You!

Army

Regular troops should be based on real military power in that time.
For brits (they had 48.000 soldiers) it would be recruitment restriction for having at same time no more then 4-5 line infantry,
1-2 grenadier and so on.
Additional you can use hessian infantry, militia, colonial troops which are also restricted.
You will be able field maybe only 2 dragoon units instead of unlimited in vanillia.

For prussia had 150.000 at 1750, so 15 line infantry plus additional troops some cavlry, some art.,
some light infantry. If you need more troops then you have to recruit militia.
Austria will get something like about 16 line infantry...........

Navy

Didnt touched yet.

Recruitment

Recruitment time is doubled for all units, so dont lose you uniit in battle, remember there are british units with history up to 17 century!

Research

Now to reaserch new thing will take much more time. The goal is that you need to play with for example
plug bayonet not for 3 rounds but for 20 rounds. I mean that is how it was in real history, the development slow if you compare it to ETW.

Units

Austrian infantry now more or less at same level as default line infantry, have also same numbers.
Ottoman infantry have now up to 200 men in a unit since ottoman always could field really big armies.
Accuracy of russian line infantry was made same like militia have.

Installation

Backup your Patch.pack at your DATA folder. Then put my Patch.pack at your DATA folder. Start the game.

Images

None

Comments

Michelet
March 27, 2009 at 06:01 AM
It's really great idea = this mod is making the game more realistic

But i think that research is going to slow - the game ends in 1799 and player cant get even 1/3 of tehnology in that slow progress

and one more thing = if you can please make map and battle AI better , couse opponent its so passive and in dyplomacy when he have no chance to survive he dont wonna negociate - its so stupid i cant take it

GOOD word , keep it up ^^
Michelet
March 28, 2009 at 08:29 AM
i have found that Ottomans grenadiers have only 80 men , while other nations have 160 , i think it should be changed
Michelet
March 28, 2009 at 12:22 PM
one more thing with the ottomans

"Ottoman infantry have now up to 200 men in a unit since ottoman always could field really big armies."

only the line infantry have 200 men , the seize of innregular troops havent changed ( azzars , semens , dzemats )

the second thing is cost of unkeep this troops: Turkish line inflantry ( 200 men) cost 260 / 1 turn
Dzemats (160 men ) cost 170
Azzars(120) cost 150!!!!!!
Semens ( 80) cost 100 gold every turn and these all are poor trops with low morale - So regular troops are cheaper - this must be fixed

InfUA
April 02, 2009 at 11:51 AM
Michelet

Thank you for feedback, I will work on that in next patch, if you find more things, then write them, I need more such suggestions.
LawL_LawL
April 03, 2009 at 12:13 AM
Sorry for the attempt to burst your bubble right now, but the logic in having a small army based on numbers back in the 18th century is a bit, illogical. Think about it, if you start with the default british empire, with all its territories and stuff, the very few units thing would easily apply due to the cost and time for recruitment. However, were you to, say, conquer France and Mysore in the early periods of the game, "Pacify" those lands, and then prepare for another campaign, this time with indian goods funding recruitment, I doubt the unit cap would still be 4-5 line. And if you were to use militia hordes to carve yourself a practically self governed India and grab significant amounts of land in central and south america, aswell as the caribbean, I EXTREMELY doubt your financial and time problems would exist, as the income of the massed exotic goods plus massive empire make for easy recruitment, but then again, UNIT CAP!

Not to mention the fact that Total War without real armies, just isnt total war, and I'm seeing these troop upkeep rates posted by Michelet.....

Overall, Im not thinking about downloading this until its actual realism rather than 18th century army sizes divided by 10, and mass increase in recruitment costs. Sorry for the negatvity
Michelet
April 03, 2009 at 02:06 AM
Yeah yeah but in india you have company line mercenaries , company horseman , sitaps and this all good units and this realistic

(British , Dutch, Dunish, French) India Company hired its own army , own ships

The same Hudson's Bay Company (in america ) - ib game they can recrut good heski inflantry

And you are really pissed when in vanilla Georgia kiks your ass becouse they have 2 full stacks of line inflantry!!!!

Michelet
April 04, 2009 at 05:35 AM
so there is more sugestion after long ottoman playing =

1 : can you do something with map AI - enemy army always fights , even if they can win? where are tactical retreats?

2: i like battle really much, the less numbered butt organized army can beat hordes of unrregulars. Morale is prefectly balanced. But one more thing - Delhi cavalery shooting in only first row = i think other shooting cavalery (dragons , carabinieri ) have same problem.

3: i think all innregullars troops for ottomans should be changed for 200 men, and there is the simpliest way to balanced unkeep.

4: I think that the limit of troops should depends from power of nation, population and the popularity of goverment. ( austria can recrut more line inflantry than me , so something is inlogical ) - When you have much more populace, and they are happy , you should have possibility to recrut them , BUT - it should cost much and take some time. If goveremnt have small popularity , there should be no volountiers to new armies. How do you like idea?

5:fourth class liner cost only 40 gold unkeep / turn ! and the galley cost only less than 500 gold to build - all other ships cost 4000/5000/6000

6: The research!!!!!! it is going to slow , i have year 1745 and 5 univeristies , i cant make more becouse of low class desire for reforms. Small countriess cant make even 2/3 universities so they are really obsolete- computer cant keep up. i think that research should be 50% faster

And thank you for your good work
vadik15
April 11, 2009 at 06:17 AM
InfUA
April 14, 2009 at 05:51 AM
Hello vadik15, as I wrote the mod is not for every funboy, but for people who wanted a challenge and different gameplay until major mods come out.

Michelet, I can give to all ottomans more men and make higher upkeep ship you mentioned but that would only small changes everyone can make himself by using this tool:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546
I diceded that the next step should be a major modification and not only gameplay change, im sure someone people will release a real major mod with grafic changes and so on soon.
The Turk
April 27, 2009 at 05:55 AM
hi, quick questions

1. Is this compatible with darthmod and imperium global?

2. Is their a fast and easy way i can check to see if this mod was installed properly?
footballs
August 23, 2009 at 02:08 AM
Can i use this in Imperial Splendour2.04???????????????????????????
LawL_LawL
September 25, 2009 at 08:18 PM
Ummmm, doesnt you mod totally contradict itself? Its a realism mod, yet even if you conquer half of europe and save up funds for years, all you have is militia? True realistic recruitment would be very different, units you can support would and should be based on how large your empire is, the total population, how much food, and munitions your empire can produce, and then equipment. Finally, it just doesnt make sense to send off militia to fight on the frontlines, as REALISTICALLY, as the game and reality have shown, militia are not deployed as regular fighting forces, but garrison troops and raised or equipped when the nation itself is being invaded. So, now that thats all been said, who has actually downloaded the mod, played it, and actually liked relying completely on militia.
rbn1995
February 25, 2010 at 06:39 AM
it sucks! whyothe hell do i want to pay even more!
louie712
March 12, 2010 at 09:50 PM
Can you make an unrealistic mod like entire armies in one turn and one turn research.
Simone I
April 02, 2010 at 07:52 AM
the download links doesn't work!