Downloads: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.0.2

A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.0.2

Uploaded by l33tl4m3r - June 01, 2009
Author Author Alpaca, l33tl4m3r, and the APE: TI team!
File Size File Size 157.27 MB
Downloads Downloads 6,595
+ Download
A Proper Empire balances combat, morale, and battlefield effects. Pricing changes in units, buildings, and research costs will challenge you but new units, new technologies, and additional benefits from many other changes to Empire will be available.

Terra Incognita adds a strategy-focused mod for A Proper Empire. Enjoy exciting new features like Manpower and Supply, a completely rebalanced economy and, most importantly, an exhilarating new gameplay feeling. The aim of Terra Incognita is to present the player with ways to employ diverse strategies and present him with interesting decision that offer meaningful choices.

Thanks to major contributions from members all across the community the mod now contains additional unit textures, improved smoke and sounds, historically accurate battalion/naval flags. Also included; over half a dozen new units, with more to come -- there are even compatible additional unit packs provided by members of the community!

Musket fire is more realistic and artillery plays a key role on the battlefield. Technology rates have been reworked; some things are easier to acquire, some take longer. Charging is more effective, useless firing drills have been removed, and all units have been balanced accordingly. Building times for settlement and capital improvements now match the increased number of turns.

Images

None

Comments

manuel.monteiro
June 01, 2009 at 08:34 AM
hi.....

is this working....... can anyone tell me please.......

best reguards.....
Santelia
June 03, 2009 at 05:32 AM
Hi Alpaca.
I have few big issues about APE:TI.

First. In campaign mode, all units have recruiting time of "-1", and despite the turns go on the recruiting queue remains full. Nothing happens, no one unit is recruited.

Second. Since there's an exe file that takes care of installation, please tell me how can we unistall APE:TI, either please make available a proper uninstaller. I've made a backup copy of the original files that the installer ask for overwriting (a couple, if I well remember), but simply replacing the APE:TI ones with the original ones doesn't unistall the mod.

Third. Is there a way to mantain the language version that the user has bought (in my case, italian one)?

Fourth. Why APE:TI isn't seen by ModManager? Is there a way to rely on ModManager platform?

For your information, I'm usign Vista Ultimate.

Thank you mate.

Fereche
June 03, 2009 at 09:40 AM
Fereche
June 03, 2009 at 09:41 AM
This great MOD works and it works fine. All the factions are playable in the Campaign. Even the smallest.
It has an Executable file, to set up, so you don't need to change files to load the MOD.
Good work ¡¡¡
Santelia
June 03, 2009 at 11:22 AM
Thanks for your opinion, Fereche, but - given that it runs well on your system - on my Vista system it has the bug that I wrote in pont "first".
Second, it lacks a procedure for uninstalling, either a proper tool. Uninstalling is a due possibility for any software release, whatever kind of software could it be. I need to do it. And I think not only me, of course.
Third, the question about language still remains.
Fourth. The question about ModManager still remains.
Any real answer?
Thank you mates.
Fereche
June 04, 2009 at 09:52 AM
1- Playing wi 1- Playing with different factions. I could recruit troops since first time.
Only if you capture a town the recruit action takes -2 time.
2- I think the only way to uninstall the MOD is uninstalling the whole game.
3- Language: It doesn't care. Even when my born language, is spanish.

FOR YOUR INFO, dear soldier; The best O.S. to use on gaming is Win XP sp3

And don't forget; reload your weapons.
Fereche
June 04, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Playing the Grand Campaign with Denmark. On the second turn declare the war to Sweden.
With troops from Norway and Denmark takes Stockholm.
Even when I build everything, I could, and conquest more cites.
Every turn I was more poor. Without money to repairs or build.
The economy is too tied. Finally the economy force me to stop the game cant do nothing.
Battles are fine.

In Spanish.
Jugando la gran Campaña con Dinamarca. En el segundo turno ataco a los Suecos y con tropas de Noruega y de Dinamarca, ocupo Stockholm.
Aun construyendo todo lo que podía, y conquistando más territorios.
Cada turno era más pobre, finalmente me trabó el juego, sin plata para hacer nada ni poder repara lo destruido por enemigos.
Las batallas están muy bien.

Reload your weapons.
Santelia
June 08, 2009 at 04:35 AM
any reason why my last post isn't anymore here?
Fereche
June 08, 2009 at 11:06 AM
where is my last post ?????????
Fereche
June 08, 2009 at 11:13 AM
If build a strong economy from the beginning, for about 4 years. Before attack
The key is to use all the money to build all you can. Then
You wi You will have enough money to build an Empire.
blow56
June 13, 2009 at 01:57 PM
There is no point in making a Mod that you cannot get rid of it it isn't working for you.

Your interesting changes are negated by the bits you either forgot to change or could not - namely the tendency of the AI to be a dork. For example - the 13 colonies will constantly be harassed by declarations of war from the Iroquois, the Cherokee and France, regardless of whether they are currently Friendly or not. Equally, neither of these countries seem bothered by offering peace, accepting peace and declaring war again the next turn. The end result of that is to reduce your economy so that it is impossible to build. I start in 1700 and by 1704 I am at war, for the umpteenth time, with all three and bankrupt.

Now I find I can't get rid of the damned Mod unless I wipe everything and start again.

Very poor.
Santelia
June 15, 2009 at 04:33 AM
I agree, Blow56.

@moderator and TWCEnter staff:

No mods might be hosted by TWCEnter if they break the rules for building a reversible/uninstallable mod.

No installers might be hosted if there's no warning - explicit and very clear warning - of the fact that launching it will modify your vanilla installation without remedy.

So I ask to kill this thread and to be very careful in hosting mods that can seriously compromise monthes of data of the single user, and that no one can uninstall without throwing away all the ETW installation. Not to say of the risks of uninstalling ETW and hoping to be lucky with the steam software check for the future re-installation.

Please insert a policy that force modders either to provide a proper and serious uninstallation procedure either to first write a visible alert that inform users of the above mentioned risks.
Fereche
June 15, 2009 at 03:51 PM
I don't want to uninstall a mod, which is better in many ways than the original game.
Is possible to play with any faction.
The goal of the game is first built an strong economy for about 5 years, then you can Conquer.
Great job.
Santelia
June 16, 2009 at 10:06 AM
@Fereche,

we all have understood that ypu like this mod.
The point is another.
Please read above.

As far as this mod is concerned, it's badly balanced for the economic challenges, it does many exaggerated financial choices, and on the turn click it takes too too too much time to manage the AI decisions.

@moderator and TWCenter Staff
any follow up to my previous post?
The Turk
June 28, 2009 at 08:50 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if I could play this mod without it affecting my vanilla version of the game, as in I could play vanilla and A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita? And secondly what mods are compatible with this?