Bosniaker

Drabantgarde

Livregimentet Dragoner

Den Kongelige Livgarde til Hest

General and Staff Officers

ARTILLERY
Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

KNOWN ISSUES

Do not invade Malta. As a result of the exit bug workaround, capturing Malta will result in a CTD. This will be fixed in the next update.

CHANGELOG

v0.1 June 9, 2009

1. Fixed Projectile IDref typo that caused Jægere to show no ammo.

v0.2 June 10, 2009

1. Fixed typos causing CTD when viewing Skarpskyttekorps.
  2. Made a number of recruiting changes, including for Lette Dragoner, Drabantgarde, and more.
  3. Fixed the number of crew members on the 5th Rate Faersk at game start.
  4. Increased the happiness effects of Sorø Akademi to equal those of comparable buildings.
  5. A few other small tweaks.

v0.3 June 16, 2009

1. Work-around found for exit bug.
  2. Names for Denmark's prestige buildings now display properly.
  3. Hvide Ørn added as a unique ship.
  4. Unit description added to Kongens Livregiment.

v0.4
Unreleased

v0.5 June 24, 2009

1. Startpos.esf and regions.esf are now upgraded to ETW v1.3
  2. Numerous changes to units, including stats to 1.3 values, reskins and new models on Drabantgarde, Livgarde til Hest, Skarpskytterkorps.
  3. Several new unique units added: Dannebrog, Livdragoner Grenadiers, DØK (Danish East India Company) units, etc.
  4. Most unique units now how custom descriptions.
  5. Hussars and Cuirassiers now recruitable in GC.
  6. The starting navy now has an additional ship.

DOWNLOADS

MAIN [WARNING: May not be save game compatible]:

http://rapidshare.com/files/24818522...nebrog_v05.zip

NON-TECHIE VERSION
[Doesn't require Mod Manager or user.empire_script.txt]
If you're having trouble getting SotD to load, give this a try. Great if your head starts spinning when you read about Mod Managers and scripts, use this one. Skip step 5 of installation.
http://rapidshare.com/files/248280138/SotDv05_spec.zip

ANCILLARY MODS

SotD MUSIC (this adds the period drum and fife piece "Tappenstreg" by Kong Frederik IV's Tambourafdeling af 1704 to regimental musicians): http://rapidshare.com/files/24244894...brog_Music.zip

MUSIC SAMPLE:
http://www.thm.dk/udstil/rk_online/L...appenstreg.wav. Once I get all the music sorted, I'll also offer a version of the mod with Rsty Bloodnok and La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham's drummer regiments. I will also have versions compatible with Imperial Splendour, DarthMod, A Proper Empire, and The Rights of Man.

OTHERS:
I've been asked what other mods make for the ideal SotD experience. There are a lot of great ones out there, so much of it personal choice. I tend to go for the ones that enrich historical immersion. I'll leave additional units and skins up to you, but here are some "immersive" mods that fit the spirit of SotD:

Realistic Flag Set (part of this is already included)
Period Loading Screens
GeraldDuval's Realism Soundpack
Royal Family Tree Mod
Period Music Mod or New Music Mod (if you use the latter, load before my music mod)
ANNOYING VANILLA DRUM ROLL REMOVAL! (this will help you enjoy the drum and fife pieces)
Proper Militia Mod
Battlefield Smoke Mod (I don't care for the accompanying blood mod, but it's a matter of personal preference; many people like it)

INSTALLATION

1. Backup startpos.esf (...\Steam\Steamapps\Common\ETW\data\campaigns\main) and regions.esf (data\campaign_maps\global_map)
  2. Extract the files from your download of Sons of the Dannebrog.
  3. Place the extracted startpos.esf and regions.esf in the locations listed in Step 1.
  4. Place SotDv05_mod.pack and SotDv05_loc.pack in the data folder. If you have the Non-Techie Version, place SotDv05_spec.pack in the data folder. That is your last step.
  5. Activate SotD in Mod Manager or add the line: "mod SotDv05_mod.pack;" (no quotation marks) to user.empire_script. If user.empire_script.txt doesn't exist in the folders listed below, you can create it in Notepad. Be sure to save in Unicode. You do not need to activate SotDv05_loc.pack.

The script can be found/created here:

Vista C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire

XP C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire

For the music pack, follow steps 2, 4, and 5.

SPECIAL THANKS

• LtChambers for the Pack File Manager
  • just for the esf editor; koras321 for transforming the esf editor into a truly amazing tool
  • Kong Frederik IV's Tambourafdeling af 1704 for letting us use their wonderful music.
  • demis14 and husser1TW for their excellent work and tutorials on expanding cities
  • Cainrae for translation help
  • Frederic Anklin, a.k.a. Spanky, for letting me use portions of his 'Realistic Flag Set, v1.2': http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=244612
  • Truelz for letting me use his signature graphic and hist Danish Text Mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=241294
  • Jingle_Bombs for allowing me to use portions of his officer mod
  • Gnr Graham and Rsty Bloodnok for help with music
  • All the Danes on these forums: they've been very gracious as I've learned more about their language and culture. They've also managed to infect me with a bit of their good-humored nationalism (never before have I gotten so much pleasure out of destroying Sweden ). Thanks, too, to all the Swedes who have had a good laugh about it (after all, who doesn't laugh when they hear those little blue guys hollar "Infaaaaanterrri!!!").
  • All the members of this community who have offered constructive criticism, suggestions, historical clarifications, and moral support. Thanks!

Images

None

Comments

Don_Tomas
June 09, 2009 at 01:31 PM
I really hope that I can get this Mod to work
Don_Tomas
June 09, 2009 at 02:05 PM
Oh well I can´t get it to work. It crashed the game every time I try to play as Denmark
The Flying Dutchman
June 09, 2009 at 07:49 PM
how do you backup starpos.esf and that other file without backing up all of the files on the PC?
erasmus777
June 10, 2009 at 08:20 PM
Don_Thomas: PM with details on what you've done and I'll see if I can help you sort it out. Getting the mod to load should be pretty straight forward.

Flying Dutchman: Here's one method:
1) Go to .../ETW/data/campaigns/main and create a new folder called "backup startpos". Rename the startpos file "vanilla.startpos.esf" and put it in the backup folder. If you ever need the original file, move it back and change the name back.
2) Do the same for the regions.esf file.
3) After you've moved the vanilla files to their respective folders, place the SotD files as described in the instructions.

Hope that works for you. If you need further help, let me know.

Enjoy the mod!
soldatmesteren
June 17, 2009 at 08:07 AM
I have followed all the steps in the installation instruction, but my empire total war just crashes on start-up when I try to run the mod.

How can I fix this?
erasmus777
June 17, 2009 at 09:00 AM
soldatmesteren,

First, disable all other mods to ensure there are no conflicts. If you're using Mod Manager, try manually editing your user.empire_script. Delete all its contents and add "mod SotDv03_mod.pack;" (no quotation marks). With that as the only line in the file, save as Unicode. If you have any more problems, please PM or visit the main mod thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=267727
Andysan723
June 24, 2009 at 02:21 PM
Hi, every time I try to open this mod the game crashes! Could you please help me?
erasmus777
June 25, 2009 at 10:26 AM
If you're struggling with installation, try this version. It's easier to install and often solves the problem:
http://rapidshare.com/files/248280138/SotDv05_spec.zip

Instructions are included.
Anders1985
October 14, 2009 at 04:28 AM
Does this work whit Darthmod 3.2?

Can you play as Norway?
Flemmong
October 26, 2009 at 08:53 AM
Really great MOD - Nice work!

Are you wokring on a ETW1,5 compatible version - would really be great!

- Respect and prosper
Lunder
December 29, 2009 at 02:33 PM
I almost jizzed in my pants when i saw this mod, but "sigh" i've done everything you ask me to do in the install-thing manual, can't you please oh please create an installer to this mod it looks fantastic

CrazyWolfGamer
February 23, 2010 at 01:52 PM
i really want to play it but it crash ever time i launh it plz help i really want to play ash Denmark Mit Fædreland (fatherland) plz help
rbn1995
March 12, 2010 at 02:18 PM
could you update it please!!!