Rye's Amazing Music (RAM)

Rate this File
Uploaded by rye8111 - May 28, 2012
Author Author rye8111
File Size File Size 39.62 MB
Downloads Downloads 240
+ Download
Rye's Amazing Music - 0.1 BETA

Yes, I know that I have probably almost never been heard of or seen before by anyone who is looking at this page right now. This is just a first mod of possibly many to come that I have done on my own. The reason that this is a BETA is because of three reasons:

a) My first mod, who knows what could happen? Of course I have tested it, but it would be helpful to get others' insights as to what has gone wrong, could go wrong, and what can and can't be fixed.

b) Feedback and ideas are so helpful! This mod is almost nothing right now, and I would like to make it something to remember.

c) I want this mod out there for others besides me to possibly enjoy it. Maybe they will, or maybe they won't. However, this is here for them if they want it.

This music is not mine, but it's from Two Steps From Hell. So far, all of it because they are my BY FAR favorite 'epic' music composing group. The style is all similar, it's supposed to be EPIC. Soon, I may include some of my own. I do not want to reveal any surprises as to what exact songs are in there, but I want to give credit at least to the people who made it. Check out their website at twostepsfromhell.com!

As of 0.1 Beta, this mod includes:
Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
  • Battle music from Two Steps From Hell
  • Stable working meachanics as far as I know
  • The music is arranged so that the appropriate music goes off when a certain trigger tells it to

List of planned stuff and ideas yet to come:
  • Campaign music
  • Possibly different winning/losing screen music, credits music, and opening menu music if I can figure it out soon, but I think that I will
  • I am thinking that the whole music mod will consist of Two Steps From Hell except for a few pieces of my own possibly after I get some software
  • Cutting and trimming of the music. I tried this with Wavepad, but it came out as a bad quality.
  • And probably more that I can not think of at this moment in time!

Instructions:
  1. (Optional) If you want to be careful, you may want to make an additional copy of your data folder somewhere on your computer if you want to have the ability to swap the two files in the case of corruption, destruction, or something like that.
  2. Download and extract the mod's data zip file into your Rome Total War directory (For example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold is me, but it can just be a Rome Total War folder. Take care not to use BI as the folder, for it's not been tested, although it may work.
  3. Click 'yes' to overwrite all, this overwrites your music files.
  4. Navigate to your Rome Total War\data\sounds folder and delete ONLY the events.idx file, and NOT the events.dat.

Please, if you have anything to say about this, leave a comment so that I can know how to improve on this!
Also, I would appreciate it if I don't get completely negative comments, but some constructive and helpful ones. I hope you enjoy!

Images

None

Comments

There are no comments yet.