Downloads Downloads 434
+ Download

Released 25.12.19

USEFUL LINKS

Extended Cultures V release thread

Lanjane's Mini-workshop: UI cards for Rome - Total War
Rome - Total War Modding Community Discord

CREDITS

This mod was made possible thanks to a combined efforts of many modders and contributors. I'm sorry that their profiles cannot be linked to this download due to limitations of TWC engine.

The most important of them is Suppanut, who worked on this mod for almost 10 years! It is for sure the project of his life, his Magnum Opus. He tried to create his dream mod and put a great part of his kind soul to it. He is also a very polite, wise and calm guy, his charisma kept us together during all these months and who is for sure the Master Yoda of our Rome - Total War Modding Community.
The next big part of the mod was made by me (Lanjane), including lots of textures, models and UIs, this took me several months to complete and this is for sure the biggest project I was ever involved in my life. I will never forget all these countless sleepless nights, and hundreds of hours spent in Photoshop and 3dsMax.
The main concept of the mod was set by Zarax and Suppanut, with the help of various people: GeoHitmanGR, Anakarsis, BHL_20 and many others.
Provincial Campaigns would not be possible without help of Suppanut's friend and modder BHL_20, who spent a lot of time polishing the campaigns balance, adjusting factional powers and initial positions. He was also our PR manager and talented author of preview articles and pre-release article showing XC features. Kudos to him!
Beautiful environment and vegetation of Extended Cultures was made by Robbe Aerts, who also created stunning vegetation and climate for Ahowl's Vanilla Enchancement and Rome: Total Realism 8 mods, and his personal Vegetation mod.
We are very grateful to Ahowl11, who provided a Git server for the main piece of work during the last year, helped with management and advises.
Also great thanks to our historian researchers, Mausolos of Caria, a professional historian who stays with our community and keeps us historical since early RTR8 development days, and my friend crazyroman, who likes Greko-Baktrian world very much. The special love and care to Baktria, Iphicratean warfare and elite hellenistic units of crazyroman is the thing which was one of the most exciting and notable moments during development of units.
Also big thanks to many other contributors and creators of original content which was used as a raw resource for XC units overhaul. There are too many of them to mention them all here, you'll find them in the mod's ReadMe file.

DESCRIPTION

Extended Cultures is a standalone modfoldered Rome - Total War: BI (you can use Alexander too with no problem - it doesn't require any of the Alexander expansion files, just the EXE).
It was made by a great team of modders who were working on this mod for almost 10 years!

Main features:
- Completely new map, adjusted accordingly to known data of ancient geography and climate
- 9 campaigns based on that map variants, with different presets and timeframes, including Caesar's 49BC campaign, provincial campaigns with Massalia, Pergamon, Bosporan Kingdom, Cyrene, Galatians and Tukhara
- 474 unit types with completely overhauled graphics and UIs compared to previous releases of Extended Cultures series (with 959 skins, 270 models and more than 1000 UI pairs made by Lanjane)
- All new settlement and region development, a complex technology and economy system, with dynamical changes in building costs and inflation
- All new buildings and events UIs
- New factions of Epirus, Numidia, Gandhara, Tukhara
- New battle formations from both Darth and Sinuhets
- Reimagine 49 BCE with more playable factions as well as Himyar and Meroe as new challengers
- Old vanilla historical battles rework with new battlefield experience
- and more!

INSTALLATION

Installation is automatic, just follow the installer.
Choose your base Rome - Total War folder as a target destination for installer.
Once you reach the end of installation, a window "Completing Extended Cultures Setup" with Finish button will appear. Press Finish, and when another window appears (showing the options again), just close the window with X. Sorry for a minor inconvenience, everything should work! Start the mod with a shortcut Extended Cultures V on your desktop.

If you found any bugs or have a suggestions, PM me or send a email to lanjane@yandex.ru. You can also post your feedback and suggestions in official release thread, or just find me online in our Discord Rome - Total War Modding Community here: Rome - Total War Modding Community

Happy campaigning and Merry Christmas!

Images

• Extended Cultures V

Comments

There are no comments yet.