Downloads: AAA: Generals - Greeks (v1.0.1)

AAA: Generals - Greeks (v1.0.1)

Uploaded by Benjin - December 28, 2019
Author Author Benjin
File Size File Size 543.59 MB
Downloads Downloads 759
+ Download
AAA: Generals - Greeks (v1.0.1)

New Greek generals who change appearance based on age, rank and season.

INTRO
Are you tired of how the vanilla general characters look in Total War: ROME II? Is your immersion broken when you have or see a character who is 80 years of age who still looks like he's 30? Or how about when they're trudging through the snow without any kind of winter clothing (mustn't they be freezing)? Aren't you just generally sick of how campaign characters always look the same throughout all your campaigns and have always wanted to give them some better looking gear to fit their increasing status / rank?

Then look no further! This general mod - like none other before it - will solve all of the above for you.

Alternate Download Link
Steam Workshop

ABOUT
This mod is part of a series of mods that aim to provide players with characters who dynamically replace their appearances with alternating variants based on three attributes for all campaigns.

These three attributes are:

1. Age - As a general character's age value increases over the years, their facial appearance will gradually look older. This will provide a visual clue to the player that a character will soon be reaching a natural death. For characters belonging to other factions, you previously had no way of knowing roughly how old they were - but with this mod, now you do!
  2. Advancement - As a general ranks up through battles, their gear will become more extravagant as befits their status and accumulated gravitas. They will even start wearing their armour openly in the senate, like a dictator would, when not leading an army after they have attained a high enough rank.
  3. Acclimatisation - When a season changes to winter, they will swap their appearance to a version which will wear winter clothing. This will provide a bit more immersion and variation to their appearances to fit the surrounding environments.

As such, there are literally thousands of variations for your general appearances in Rise of the Republic, giving a lot more variety to your general characters on the campaign map and on the battlefield.

The number of variations for the Greek appearances reaches into the thousands - around 5,000 (9,000 counting the battlefield variants, which just have added spears for when they're in a spear-wielding bodyguard unit) - for 23 characters - giving a lot more variety to the Greek characters in your campaigns! There are:

• 18 random Greek Generals + Politicians - Around 6,000 General and around 400 Politician variants based on age (two age groups - young and old), rank and season.
  • 5 random Roman Female Generals + Politicians - 15 Politician variants based on age (three age groups - young, middle and old). The Egyptians are the only Hellenic faction to allow female generals, so they have been given new appearances that change based on rank as well as age.
  • 1 historical Hellenic General + Politician - So far, only Cleopatra is given the AAA treatment; her appearances change based on rank.

Campaign uniform art sets:

• Grand Campaign - To increase faction visual diversity on the campaign map, I have given a lot of factions their own General + Politician appearances. The factions that have their own appearances so far are Sparta, Macedon, Egypt, Seleucids and Baktria. All the other factions have a generic Greek look. I plan to give more factions their own appearances as well (e.g. Epirus, Massilia).
  • Wrath of Sparta - Sparta, Makedon and the Greeks in this campaign have their own, unique appearances, separate from the main campaign.
  • Imperator Augustus - Egypt gets a late-Greek look.

NEW 3D ART ASSETS
For this mod, I endeavered to create a few entirely new assets that the community haven't seen before in an effort to further differentiate the Generals by faction. If you want to use any of these assets for your own mods, you must ask for permission first.

• Royal Greco-Bactrian Helmet - This helmet was shown being worn by many Baktrian rulers on their minted coins; I felt it necessary to include this one and so made it from scratch for them. I tried my best to depict it in as realistic a way as possible based on those depictions on the coins, despite there being no physical evidence of the helmet (no one has found one... yet). You can inspect the model on the Sketchfab link in the image gallery.
  • Ptolemaic Officer Helmet - This one has been shown in various visual depictions of the late-Ptolemaic Egyptian army, around the Battle of Actium (i.e. when Cleopatra, Augustus, Antony were alive etc). I thought it would be cool to make the Egyptian early-ranked Generals look like those guys, so I created and gave them this new helmet.
  • Egyptian Wedjat Brooch - For high-ranked Egyptian Generals I wanted to give them a small, easily-noticeable difference compared to the rest of the Greeks. So, I created and stuck one of these brooches on their cloaks.
  • Late-Corinthian Helmet - This one I did not make, but was donated by someone who wishes to remain anonymous. He did a very good job with it I think, and looks much better than the original late-corinthian helmet! This one is worn by rank 10 Greeks and Spartans in the Wrath of Sparta campaign and also by rank 10 Spartans in the Grand Campaign. Out of the rest of the assets listed, I do not give permission to use this asset, since it's not my permission to give.

COMPATIBILITY
This mod was designed for compatibility in mind and is therefore compatible with all overhaul mods (e.g. Divide et Impera) - no need for separate versions. However, there are a lot of overhaul mods out there and I may not have tested them all. If you find anything that's wrong, let me know and I will try to fix it. And yes, it is save compatible - you can enable / disable it whenever you want

THANK YOU
Special thanks to:

• Celticus - For helping out with some re-textures to make look much better quality than before (helmets).

And finally, thank you for reading and (hopefully) rating + subscribing! I put a lot of my free time into this, and am glad it's finally done for all of you to enjoy.

DISCORD
For faster communication and news on progress, join my Discord server!

Images

• AAA: Generals - Greeks (v1.0.1)

Comments

There are no comments yet.