Reduced Kill Speed Mod(Using HitPoint

Rate this File
Uploaded by - October 07, 2004
Author Author Marvolo 62442
File Size File Size 144.3 KB
Downloads Downloads 3,432
+ Download
NOTE - This Mod has been updated to follow the new 1.1. specs

After trying out a few of the existing Kill Speed Mods, I decided to make my own. Adjusting the Kill Speed Value (or whatever it is supposed to be) caused some bad side effects (sounds not occuring at the right time, etc).

So I used HitPoints instead. The mod simply doubles the HitPoints of all Units, and to compensate for Ranged Units becoming completely useless (they are pathetic enough as it is), I doubled the value of all Missile Attacks.

So Missiles kill at the old Rate of Fire (which I may look into reducing, depends on feedback)

The mod has all the right effects though, Cavalry finds it harder to rout units as they can't kill half the unit in one charge. Melee Battles take twice as long, and as a consequence, tire the units out quicker, so you'll need to use some good tactical maneouvres, otherwise all your units will be knackered pretty quickly!

Additionally, I slowed the Movement Rates down by about 20% overall, and mixed the movement rates up between the terrains. (20-5% slower seems to be what most people want)<br><br>The Mod includes batch files so you can switch between Modded &amp; Unmodded very easily (see readme for more instructions)

Inside the zip is a readme and a self-installing exe. It will automatically detect the correct directory for you.

Images

None

Comments

There are no comments yet.