Downloads: Retrofit Mod 1.0

Retrofit Mod 1.0

Uploaded by Unspoken Knight - August 29, 2007
Author Author Unspoken Knight
File Size File Size 10.63 MB
Downloads Downloads 334,575
+ Download
Retrofits various Medieval II Total War (M2TW): Kingdoms features, improvements and bug fixes to vanilla M2TW.

========================================
REQUIRES MEDIEVAL II TOTAL WAR: KINGDOMS
========================================

Threads:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118680
http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/22609

TABLE OF CONTENTS
=================
=================

1.0 OVERVIEW
2.0 INSTALLATION
3.0 LAUNCHING THE MOD
4.0 CAVEATS AND KNOWN ISSUES
5.0 MODDING
6.0 CONTACT AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
7.0 LEGAL INFORMATION
8.0 ADIITIONAL INFORMATION

1.0 OVERVIEW
============

The Retrofit Mod retrofits various Medieval II Total War (M2TW): Kingdoms features, improvements and bug fixes to vanilla M2TW. This mod can be used as it is, or as a base to create additional M2TW: Kingdoms mods (see section 5.0).

The major features of the Retrofit Mod are:

- Hotseat Campaigns.
- Control AI Reinforcements.
- Boiling Oil.
- 4 Additional custom battle maps (Backwoods, Borderlands, Forts, Trenches).
- Unit rebalancing.
- AI Unit Recruitment tweaks.
- Campaign AI Tweaks.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
- Installer: The mod is packaged with an easy to use installer for computers with a valid installation of M2TW: Kingdoms.

2.0 INSTALLATION
================

The Retrofit Mod requires M2TW: Kingdoms.

To install the Retrofit Mod, simply run the supplied executable file. If you have a valid installation of M2TW: Kingdoms, installation setup will automatically determine the installation path and appropriate language assets (game audio and text) for the Retrofit Mod.

The Retrofit Mod installs all game files into a separate mod path and does not modify any existing M2TW or M2TW: Kingdoms files. This protects the existing M2TW and M2TW: Kingdoms installations and allows multiple mods to be run from the same M2TW installation.

Installation consists of four main components:

- Required Retrofit Mod Files: Core files required to install and use the Retrofit Mod. (REQUIRED)
- Copy M2TW Campaign Files: The installer will copy the required campaign files from the original M2TW installation. (REQUIRED)
- Copy M2TW Custom Battle Files: The installer can copy the custom battle files from the original M2TW installation. (OPTIONAL)
- Copy M2TW Save Games: The installer can copy save games from the original M2TW installation for use in the Retrofit Mod. (OPTIONAL)

3.0 LAUNCHING THE MOD
=====================

The Retrofit Mod can be launched via a number of methods:

- Start menu shortcut
- Quicklaunch icon
- Desktop icon
- M2TW game launcher (English)
- Batch file located in: [M2TW Path]\mods\retrofit\medieval2_retrofit.bat

4.0 CAVEATS AND KNOWN ISSUES
============================

- Version 1.0 of the Retofit Mod is designed to work with M2TW: Kingdoms with M2TW updated to version 1.03.000. Version 1.0 of the Retrofit Mod may not work correctly with future versions of M2TW: Kingdoms and M2TW.
- The Retrofit Mod may not install and/or run correctly for some downloadable distribution methods of M2TW or M2TW: Kingdoms.
- Although the Retrofit Mod contains assets for all available game languages, it has not been exhaustively tested for every language of M2TW: Kingdoms.
- The 4 additional custom battle maps have not been translated for non-english languages.
- Using M2TW save games in the Retrofit Mod has not been exhaustively tested.

5.0 MODDING
===========

The Retrofit Mod may supply a good base or reference for other M2TW: Kingdoms mods. Other mods may include content of the Retrofit Mod in whole or in part. Please acknowledge credit to the Retrofit Mod when Retrofit Mod content is used in other mods.

6.0 CONTACT AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
===================================

Support for the Retrofit Mod is provided through the Total War forums:

www.totalwarforums.com
www.twcenter.net/forums

For non-support related enquiries, the Author of the Retrofit Mod can be contacted directly at:

unspokenknight@gmail.com

Due to work, family and other commitments, the Author may not be able to reply or may take some time to reply to any enquiries. Please do not contact the Author of the Retrofit Mod directly for support.

7.0 LEGAL INFORMATION
=====================

This is an unofficial Mod for Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. SEGA and the Creative Assembly do not endorse or support this Mod.

All right, title, interest and ownership rights in this Mod belong to the Author of this Mod (as far as is legally possible).

The Author of this Mod (and for the avoidance of doubt SEGA and The Creative Assembly) will not be held responsible for the risks connected with any loss (financial or otherwise), damage to property, lost data, console, computer or handheld device failure, errors and lost business or other information as a result of possession, use or malfunction of this Mod.

8.0 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
==========================

Please also download and try the "Custom Campaign Mod" by "Unspoken Knight":

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1403

Images

None

Comments

Kylan271
June 27, 2013 at 01:56 AM
You may get problems due to your OS also,so be careful with things like Vista so I hear. I played this before ok with XP,but had some issues with my new OS Windows 7. It is a good Mod,so happy for his work.
damileslol
January 25, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Oh damn it seems to be a virus now lol
Zerkocelot
February 07, 2014 at 05:17 PM
This had a trojan for me....
pdonettes
February 22, 2014 at 07:38 PM
yeah, I can't download as it says it's a virus. anyone know what is going on?
builder680
April 03, 2014 at 09:20 PM
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2#post10551772

Try this one. I haven't yet, but I'm about to.
TJ9897
April 05, 2014 at 05:09 PM
Hi

I downloaded the mod but when i want to run it there is a error message: retrofit mod 1.0 is not a admissabel win32-application (perhaps its wrong i transleted it from german)

Mevall kingdoms is running well... and i dont now why it dosnt work please help me.

PS: it would be help full when you replay to my e-mail adress: vdo-sven@htp-tel.de
AngryGoat
April 15, 2014 at 11:00 PM
I had this mod once before. Loved it much better than original Vanilla. My problem is that my old comp crashed, and it got wiped. Downloaded it about a year and a half ago because I wanted it again. It now pulls up every time consistantly imediately upon startup an error message stating "medieval has encountered an unspecified error and must now close". Deleted and re downloaded and same error... So can anyone tell me whats up with that?
ZeCaptainSheep
September 29, 2014 at 07:13 PM
Excuse me Mr. Unspoken Knight, but it says I do not have a valid installation of Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. Please help?
arabassist
October 05, 2014 at 07:55 AM
I get an error saying setup was unable to find Medieval II total war kingdoms installation. Any help on what to do?
PlautusLeo
March 05, 2015 at 09:40 AM
seems to bea virus
LordProxius
April 06, 2015 at 03:30 AM
Everything I use is calling this malware...how unfortunate...
Zanoth
May 10, 2015 at 05:36 PM
It's malware? :/ Chrome stopped me. Then when i forced chrome to let me continue, my anti-virus stopped me. So yeah, it's malicious? It's got a Trojan in it.
Bronn
May 16, 2015 at 06:38 PM
Hi guys, check here for the retrofit_1 mod. It works, I've just downloaded and verified it together with GUAM v6.

http://www.gamewatcher.com/games/med...q7ta%0A1c1h%0A
Amazonite
June 05, 2015 at 11:00 AM
So Chrome thinks this is a virus, when it downloads it says "Retrofit.exe is malicious and Chrome has blocked it". Anyone have similar problems? Is there a way to solve this?
Amazonite
June 05, 2015 at 11:03 AM
Ignore my comment, Chrome shows how to disable malware alerts.