United Kingdom of Great Britain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Nakharar
    Nakharar
    ah yes, aparently up there there mainly raicist, have you read the book "The Edge" or seen "This is England"??
  2. Graf zu Adler
    Graf zu Adler
    Guess I'm going to live in the area known as Thames Valley (Hampshire/Berkshire and around) soon as I'm finished with school over here in Germany....I have to go back to the place my dad came from, after all...

Land of hope and Glory
  3. Nakharar
    Nakharar
    lol Thames Valley i live in the Thames Valley but more in london technichally all of London is the Thames Valley. Hampshire is a bit posh i say
  4. Graf zu Adler
    Graf zu Adler
    Is it? Not from what I have seen yet....Central London is posh, though...or at least bits of it. I wouldn't go and live there...4 years in Berlin was enough of big cities for me
  5. Nakharar
    Nakharar
    Lol right slap bang Central London is bad, from about Hammersmith and out it gets worse until the countryside
  6. Graf zu Adler
    Graf zu Adler
    Hmm...you just convince me to stop thinking about the slightest possibility of a move to the London Area (possibly Hounslow...).....as long as I don't go working for British Airways, that is....
  7. Nakharar
    Nakharar
    Hounslow thats where i live thats a fine area, i live there many of the people are Indians and are cool, however as soon as you go into Hammersmith it gets dangerous
  8. Basil 11
    Basil 11
    Oh, yeah, I have actually seen 'This is England' - good film
    The NE is actually not very rough or rascist at all imo - it is actually a really nice part of the country...
    Newcastle even got voted 3rd favourite city in the UK, which is nice...
    There are actually some very posh areas in the countryside and around Newcastle, and crime is quite low (hardly any gun crime at all)

But then again, I think we do still have the highest teenage pregnancy rate in England!
  9. Nakharar
    Nakharar
    lol yeah definatly you been to the outskirts of liverpool its hell tere
  10. Basil 11
    Basil 11
    hehe lol - yeah
    pretty damn rough, isn't it??
    NE is definitely better than NW - parts around Manchester are quite bad in places, too...
  11. Saint_jimmyz
    Saint_jimmyz
    I know friends who live in Hackney. Aparently gang warfare is a part of every day life, with each gang looking out for those who attend the same school. Its wierd how such a bunch of violent yobs can be so understanding at times.

Have you been to Cambridge? There's this underlying level of snobbery in everything about the city. Thats one reason why Oxford is the better uni.
  12. Emperor Basil
    Emperor Basil
    "It is an interesting experience to become acquainted with a country through the eyes of the insane, and, if I may say so, a particularly useful grounding for life in Britain" - Bill Bryson in 'Notes From A Small Island'
  13. Emperor Basil
    Emperor Basil
    'Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life' - Cecil Rhodes
  14. aarons got funky fresh
    aarons got funky fresh
    WEST BRITON
  15. Venta Icenor Um
    Venta Icenor Um
    My dad lives in the rough area of Manchester and he hasn't seen much trouble

I'm off to London tomorrow
  16. Nakharar
    Nakharar
    ah which part of London??
  17. Venta Icenor Um
    Venta Icenor Um
    I went to the Science museum to take some pictures for my project.

Is it snowing here in Norwich, is it snowing anywhere else?
  18. Basil 11
    Basil 11
    Snowing in Northumbria atm...
  19. Nakharar
    Nakharar
    snow in London never will happen well it might but it will melt by noon, science museum couple of stops from me if you took the train the stop Osterley is me
  20. Saint_jimmyz
    Saint_jimmyz
    It snowed in Essex too... and then melted.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast