Martial Arts

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. Bernem
    Bernem
    yay, welcome, what arts are you practizing mate?
  2. Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
    I practice Aikido (Manseikan Aikido - based mostly in Kyushu) and Arnis/Kali (I started w/ Grandmaster Navales but am more or less developing my own style now)
  3. paradamed
    paradamed
    Im a brazilian jiu-jitsu purple belt. Ive been practicing bjj for ten years but due to the fact that I joined the army Im unable to keep training this year cause I barely have any free time. I hope to get back to the mats next year when I leave the army. My brother is also a bjj practitioner and trains with Lucas Lepri (bjj black belt MW champion)
  4. Bernem
    Bernem
    Ah finally getting some members here, I'm a BJJ Practioner, but started very recently so I'm a white belt. been doing JKD for five years before that
  5. Yahiko_n_Tsubame
    Yahiko_n_Tsubame
    He he he, Kendoka here. I did some Iaido for awhile but due to financial strain I had to drop it

....oh, also the seiza was killing me :3
  6. Bristan
    Bristan
    Hey guys, i'm currently in a MMA class (we go over all sorts of arts and try to meld it into one. It is mainly Judo, Jiujitsu and Shodokan Karate) also in a BJJ class taught by a Henzo Gracie black belt and Finally in a Judo class. I'm a white belt in all of them, but hopefully will soon be promoted in Judo and my MMA.

Edit:

To the guy who posted before me, what are those two arts?
  7. Noremac
    Kenpo!!!!!
  8. Bernem
    Bernem
    Kendo is japanese swordfighting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendo and iaido is the japanese art of drawing a sword and attack in the same move http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iaido
  9. paZZo!
    paZZo!
    hiya hiya buddys

Have anyone ever trained Capoeira and shall recount how killer is it? I'm wondering about lay off bloody street fight and try this bouncing to rhythm of drums. How long takes on average to learn basics and well-know first part of techniques (queda de rins to au giratoria) ?
  10. saneel
    saneel
    I am Boxing national Champion
  11. Gungalley
    Gungalley
    Hey I'm a white belt Judoka (2 years) who has never bothered to go for grading.
  12. Wundai
    Wundai
    Hey all

I practice Jiu-Jitsu and have a Blue Belt at the moment
    and
    Taekwondo (ITF) and have a Yellow Belt with Green tag at this time

In my spare time I try to do some Kendo with Boken Swords and Shinai's but thats just practising in the air I'm afraid

Hey Paramed, one question I've never heard of purple belts before, could you tell me which colors of belts there are in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?
  13. Bernem
    Bernem
    Ah you lucky guys who can train, I have so much work now that I had to stop for now...

In BJJ there are following grades to my humble knowledge:

white
    blue
    purple <---
    brown
    black
  14. IEROS LOXOS
    IEROS LOXOS
    hi friends! I am practising BJJ NO-GI at Graccie Barra Greece
  15. Wundai
    Wundai
    Ah ok thanks Bernem, I wonder were the purple belt idea comes from then?

And welcome Ieros Loxos
    Graccie, as in Gracie's the family who wins about every world championship BJJ?
  16. IEROS LOXOS
    IEROS LOXOS
    Yes tha Famous Gracie Barra family
  17. Bernem
    Bernem
    oh of course there's purple... I forgot about that it's between blue and brown... my bad
  18. Wundai
    Wundai
    Anyone know a place for some good Kendo/Kenjutsu tutorial moves(movies,pictures anything)?
  19. Turtules
    Turtules
    Sup guys, the Art..well sport is BJJ, blue belt 2nd degree, at Renzo Gracie.
  20. Bongfu
    Bongfu
    Im a 2nd degree black belt in BJJ, and I have trained in some American style Kenpo and Jeet Kun Do
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast