Mod Ideas/Final Suggestions

1. Hetman Żółkiewski
    Hetman Żółkiewski
    Seeing the lack of consentration, I've decided to start this discussion. Here people add ideas, crew members find limitations, decide if its possible, and the leaders decide what to do in the end.

Let's face it, everyone is eager to do their part, but no specific jobs have been given! No offense to the leaders, but they haven't been doing their share of the job (finding work for us to do)!

My suggestion: I think we should make a main campaign which goes through the entire history of the Commonwealth, and possibly sub-campaigns from Sienkiewicz's "Trilogy" such as the:

¤ Chmielnicki Uprising (horde campaign, Hetman Stefan Czarniecki as faction leader)
    ¤ Delunge (horde campaign, Prince Jerema (Jarema/Jeremi) Wiśniowiecki as faction leader)
    ¤ Turkish War (horde campaign, Hetman Jan Sobieski as faction leader)

I think that there is no point in making a Vienna Campaign, its like making a Campaign about Kircholm, it's a battle not a war! Lets just make i a historical battle as no action besides pre-battle skirmishes happened besides the main battle itself.

We could make 4 scenerios for the Battle of Vienna, one when playing as the Polish and Lithuanian reinforcements, one as the HRE reinforcements, one as the Turks, and yet another as the besieged Viennese (which may prove to be very long). In fact, we could make each historical battle have the option to play as any of the armies involved

Historical battles may include:

¤ Battle of Klushino (1610)
    ¤ Battle of Kircholm (1605)
    ¤ Siege of Kamieniec Podolski (1672)
    ¤ Battle of Chocim (1673)
    ¤ Battle of Cecora (1620)
    ¤ Siege of Zbaraż (1649)
    ¤ Battle of Złote Wody (1648)
    ¤ Siege of Częstochowa (1655)
    ¤ Battle of Vienna (1683)

I think we should just try to make the mod big from the beginning, as the idea of just having a Vienna Campaign (which I think is rediculous) is unappatising to the average mod-player. We may as well just recruit bata-testers.

I also think that we need to start working!
  2. Hunyadi Mátyás
    Hunyadi Mátyás
    Here is some info on the Cochim battle:
    http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/chocim_1673.htm

Siege of Jasna Gora info:
    http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/Czes..._gora_1655.htm
  3. Ace_General
    Ace_General
    Alright, right now we just gonna focus on vienna and try to get units together and a decent team and combat system
  4. Hetman Żółkiewski
    Hetman Żółkiewski
    Perhaps we can try to ask trashing_mad if we can simply continue work on his mod. It would be a lot easier and would benefit both of the mod teams! We are already the third group to start a mod on this period in Medieval 2. Not to mention the RTW BI "Ogniem i Mieczem".