Gibraltar is Spanish!

1. Conquistador_88
    Conquistador_88
    Gibraltar was ilegally occupied by british(aproaching spanish war of course), during spanish succession war.

For that british must return to us the rock, its in our territory, we donīt want any colony in our own land.

Its for common sense.

I suport too the argentinians Maldivas islands!
  2. Kolokotrones
    Kolokotrones
    Precisely, England illegally occupies Gibraltar, though Spain ceded it by treaty in 1714. Spain also ceded the island of Minorca in the Balearics, which has since been returned to Spain, so why not Gibraltar? The fact is, Gibraltar is of no further use to England, it sits precariously on the southern tip of Spain, totally at the mercy of Spanish guns at Algeciras, as Churchill duly noted. And I've read the migration of Spaniards to the Rock has been curtailed, as cheap trick by London to maintain a majority favoring union with England. One day though, Spain will reclaim what is hers by right, hopefully that day will be soon. I can barely tolerate this slap in the face to one of Europe's sturdiest and most magnificent people, why should Spain have to endure this humiliation, if England returned Hong Kong to China, and freely handed over Newfoundland to Canada? Is Spain less worthy than the Canadians or Chinese? It's an outrage I say.
  3. Kolokotrones
    Kolokotrones
    Also, by the treaty of surrender in 1704, the Spanish inhabitants were allowed to evacuate the city, and British settlers subsequently moved in. So now Britain plays on the "wishes" of the inhabitants, who are foreigners wrongly planted there. I see their voice as irrelevant, it is a matter of territorial integrity, and of defense for Spain, these upstart planters have got nothing to say. They are the same as the Anglo-Scottish planters in Northern Ireland, they boot the indigenous people out, move the foreigners in, and then hold referendums that predictably favor British rule. Then they wave this around saying that their rule here is legitimate because the people wish it. What about the rights and voices of the people who were rudely ejected from their ancestral homes, many of whose families lived there for generations? I guess they don't count, they only count if they support British rule I guess.......
  4. Conquistador_88
    Conquistador_88
    Gibraltar people want to stay with UK cause with them, Gibraltar can still being a fiscal paradise plenty of corruption.
    and cause gibraltar like a special territory have many advantages. For nothing more!
  5. Kolokotrones
    Kolokotrones
    It has come to my attention that a rival group has been conjured to oppose us. One of their assertions is the claim of Morocco to the Spanish held enclaves of Mlilt (Melilla) and Sabtah (Ceuta), as well as the island of Laila (Perejil). These claims are completely synonymous with the claim of Spain to Gibraltar. As such, I believe that the claims of Morocco are absolutely justified, and that Spain should cede those enclaves, which I show by preferring the use of the Arabic names of the territories in question, rather than the more common Spanish names. I should think that Spain would readily cede these in return for Gibraltar, though I believe they should dispense with them in any case, since that would show that Spain holds the moral high ground, and would do much to boost sympathy for Spain's claim. A cynical approach, no doubt, but I seriously think Spain should return them to Morocco for gain or not, so I think they should as least obtain some sort of advantage from them. That is my views on this situation.
  6. Conquistador_88
    Conquistador_88
    When Portugal conquested and after Spain received Ceuta, Morocco still doesnīt exist.

With Melilla is the same chase, cause Melilla was conquered by Castile in 1497.

But Gibraltar was from Spain when British stole us.

Gibraltar, Ceuta and Melilla are spanish.
  7. Conquistador_88
    Conquistador_88
    But morocans are crazy, they claim canary islands too.

Why??? i donīt know, cause in canary islands before castilians arrival, were living the "guanches" tribes(They werenīt muslims).

Muslims never rule in this islands, and never lived there.
  8. Каие
    Каие
    Spain ceded Gibraltar to Britain legally in the treaty of 1714.
  9. Conquistador_88
    Conquistador_88
    Yes, but Britain stole Gibraltar to the new bourbon dynasty(true lords of Spanish crown), in the name of Austrian candidate.

British took the city ilegally, and then of course, spanish were forced to accept the treaty.
  10. Kolokotrones
    Kolokotrones
    Yes, that is correct. The British landed in Gibraltar and claimed it in the name of Charles of Habsburg, the prentender to the Spanish throne. Charles however, would not become King of Spain, and Britain decided to snag some sort of advantage from the occupation of Gibraltar, which they did at the Treaty of Utrecht. Besides, as Winston Churchill duly noted, the Rock is at the mercy of Spanish guns at Algeciras, if Spain wished to, it could quite easily just take Gibraltar. I highly doubt that the British have the power to resist anymore.
  11. Kolokotrones
    Kolokotrones
    Then Spain can "allow" the British inhabitants to depart for England, move Spaniards in and hold a plebiscite to see if they want to be part of Spain, since the British can get away with such dirty tricks why can't Spain?
  12. Alhamar
    Alhamar
    Is so easy, Gibraltar population is living nowdays in a tonw called La Linea, ask them if they want the land back (actually im not sure the will, they can get cheaper things in the rock which also diturb all the economy of the land of Gibraltar and make the illegal trade grow).

Did the british asked to their fellows in Rhodesia if they wanted to keep being british living in this land? did they ask China with Hong Kong?

The rock was took with a trick, when spaniards fighting each other, they landed in support of the Austrian candidate and after his defeat they should have gone, we are after Westfalia arragements the taking each other land and keeping it by strenght was gone by this time, the british knew about the inability of the new spanish goverment to react against any agresion and they played dirty with it.

Anyways the british wont tell the diference, just some chiringuitos, sangria and aweful music in the summer, nothing you guys cant handle with.
  13. Kolokotrones
    Kolokotrones
    I apologize for my absence, I've been rather busy. Also you may have noticed my name change, that in no way alters my views on this subject. Welcome new members, and sorry if you've been waiting awhile to join.
  14. Hellenikon
    Hellenikon
    Thanks for admiting me too mates.

It is a shame that on the XXI century this situation still holds, i hope sometime justice can be done and spain can once again recover what was taken with treachery and never restored.

We are no longer in the age of colonization and empires, we are in the age of globlalisation and friendship between nations. Colonies in the SXXI makes no sense and only serve to cause problems and conlicts between nations.
  15. Choki
    Choki
    Its Comun in British. Profecionals Pirates. Gibraltar is Spanish! Y Malvinas Argentinas!
  16. brennas
    brennas
    Gibraltar was illegally occupied by England. He was an ally of Austriacist Spain, and thus they had no right to take it. What England wanted was to take some sort of compensation after the Habsburg defeat, and so Belize, Menorca and Gibraltar were given to England. On that way, we can say the ocupation of Gibraltar was ilegal, but the cession on the teatry was legal (although not ethic at all).
    Ceuta was conquered by Portugal on 1415, and Melilla was conquered to Castille on 1497. At this time, Marruecos didnīt exist (it was de facto independent and a united nation for first time in 1956), so it has no rights to claim them. About the Canary Islands, the only country with right to own them is Spain, since it was Castille who conquered them. Before the Castillian conquest, the islands were inhabited by Guanche tribes, that were pagan and aborigens, nothing to do with Morocco...
  17. brennas
    brennas
    Btw...whatīs the difference between a monkey and a Gibraltar unhabitant?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The monkey doesnīt have Andalusian accent!

18. Gromovnik
    Gromovnik
    I really hope that Gibraltar will be liberated one day.
  19. Jokern
    Jokern
    So do I, and I also hope that the Brits will give Falkland Islands back to Argentina.