M2TW Short Campaign

1. Viking Prince
    Viking Prince
    Viking Prince's Short Campaign Strategy Guide This will be the main index

Also if anybody is interested in editing or providing some banners -- hint, hint
  2. Conquistatore
    Conquistatore
    Thx for accepting me VP. Tell me, are you currently playing a short campaign? Are you still involved in your short campain project?
  3. Viking Prince
    Viking Prince
    Burned out for a bit -- I am looking at the Kingdom option on Lands to Conquor Gold. I have not figured out the details of the game though -- no such thing as a manual for the changes such asa population levels for the new walls.
  4. Conquistatore
    Conquistatore
    Oh yes LTC is quite a good mod but I have to say it is VERY slow progress. Population growth has been severely reduced and population needed for the next level of settlement has been significantly increased. The biggest difference is trade however, markets and ports need to be almost fully upgraded to begin getting real benefits from trade. Apart from those things it is an excellent mod with some faction colours redone, positions changed to reflect the start of Medieval I and 1.5 turns per year as opposed to vanilla's 1 turn per 2 years. AI has been significantly tweaked with lots of improvements in pathfiding, variety of units in armies, better alliances and such, stronger diplomacy. ALso a money script has been introduced for the AI factions, which in my opinion somewhat spoils the game because the AI just spam buildings stack after stack and doesn't really use them to their full potential. It can be quite tiresome to wipe out a faction, like my English campaign where Scotland would refuse to die, always retraining more men then they lose. Apart from those minor issues I had it is a good mod, worthy of download.
  5. Nazgūl Killer
    Nazgūl Killer
    So few people here... VP, you shouldn't make your groups Moderated, it makes people not want to join it...
    Worst case scenario, remove someone from the group. (Manage group)
  6. Viking Prince
    Viking Prince
    Originally this was to be a place to post aricles for editing and then I discovered the post size limit. LOL!!

I suppose I can change the controls though when I am feeling less lazy.
  7. Nazgūl Killer
    Nazgūl Killer
  8. Nazgūl Killer
    Nazgūl Killer
    We're all blue! Bluuuuue!
  9. Viking Prince
    Viking Prince
    The all blue may change!
  10. Viking Prince
    Viking Prince
    Ok -- a short LTC Gold campaign with HRE. No demobalizing of troops except when obsolete and with losses making them too small to be of use.

I was concerned about the Teutonic Succession process as opposed to a family tree. I do not really like it. I prefer to have the wife and kids, but OK.

I sent the little princess down to make nice with the pope. First tribute of 25 florins per turn (I am really cheap in real life also). Then a gift of map (already captured Metz.) And then the ceasefire. Then Alliance. and voila -- called a Crusade on Vilnius. I had already grabbed Thorn since the campaign starts with an alliance with Poland including a mutual access agreement. I had also grabbed Stettin to complete the southern Baltic shore outside of Russia's sphere of influence. I cannot believe speaking with the Pope meant a "Secret Lover" attribute was picked up. Ugh. The old guy was twice her age.

Long story a bit shorter -- Crusade against Venice resulted in a vassalage. The same with Milan. And then a short little war with France foolowed by vassalage after taking Dijon to complete the "traditional" German sphere goals. The Danes then went silly and attacked the English, the Scots, and the HRE at once. I only needed Arhus to complete the 30 regions. Both Poland and Hungary stayed happy the whole campaign. I had to throw Kiev to Poland and assist in her taking of Smolensk to keep them happy. Hungary was busy following up a Jihad on Constantinople to complete her sweep of the Balkans.

I never did get the Teutonic Guild. I did not even produce a single cavarly other than those at the start. Very few units other than some castle spears and militia for free upkeep were even trained.

A fun afternoon campaign.
  11. Mega Tortas de Bodemloze
    Mega Tortas de Bodemloze
    Peer Pressure, Peer pressure is why I'm here......**Cough** {VP}

To ALL who would be Catholic: Place "Da Papa" in your back pocket and carve the continent up at your leisure....With persistence even the most disliked can become Da Papa's adopted son. As HRE that's a first priority...

Additionally choose a religious Center and construct a Notre Dame and the lineage of "your" Popes is guaranteed.