Neverwinter Nights

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Armatus
    Armatus
    Hey all, I'm planning a NWN AAR soon. Hope to see some sharing of screens here.
  2. Darth Ravenous
    Darth Ravenous
    Hordes of the Underdark ftw of course NN 1 was made of epic win.
  3. Gungalley
    Gungalley
    I miss RPGs dearly. Seems like they don't make that sort of RPGs anymore, except for maybe Dragon Age.
  4. Ahlerich
    Ahlerich
    hi comrades,

i acually do like nwn2 much more then i did nwn 1 but its still not the old bg stuzff anymore. also its sooo complicated to control the game.
  5. Gungalley
    Gungalley
    The AI sucked. It was a chore to control your party members, but I think single player wise, its a lot better than vanilla NWN.
  6. Inhuman One
    Inhuman One
    I personly hated nwn2 and refuse to recognize it as a sequel.

If others enjoy it thats fine though, but to me the strenghts of NWN1 where the ultimate armor/clothing customization, easy to use toolset and easy to connect online capabilities.

All of that is gone in NWN2, along with a decent camera. With all expansions and patches the camera just remains a bit awkward. And I am missing a walk/run toggle button. I shouldnt need to switch to spot mode just to walk.
  7. Sidmen
    Sidmen
    I changed the camera to mirror NWN1 in NWN2.

I enjoyed NWN2 until I hit a bug that destroyed the game. I also wanted to play through the game with the expansion pack (play the origional then import the character into the exp) but the expansion pack destroyed the game by inserting a bug that made it impossible to complete the very first quest.
  8. Armatus
    Armatus
    I didn't have Neverwinter installed on my image so I reformated and now I'm going to install the sequel. I have both expansions, but I'm most interested in looking for a community patch if there is one. I haven't checked into that yet.
  9. thatguy
    thatguy
    Ugh, yeah I disliked the second NWN2, but the first one and expaansions where supreme.
  10. Armatus
    Armatus
    yes the cep was great.
  11. Kanaric
    Kanaric
    nice a nwn group, starting a group of mp modules with some of my RL friends today.

Been playing a lot of gold box games lately (late 80s early 90s dnd rpgs). If you want to play a good rpg and you don't mind playing something ridicuously old i'd recommend that. Also check out Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures and goto these two sites:

http://frua.rosedragon.org/modulelist/file.php to download modules
    http://therealm.flopsyville.com/Menu.htm for what order to play them in

You can play all the classic 2nd edition campaigns. FRUA is basically the early 90s equivellent to neverwinter nights with custom player made modules. Except since its pure 2nd edition rules they directly converted modules very quickly and easily.

The thing I hate about NWN2 is that its impossible to make a good module like that quickly, I enjoyed playing TOEE, PoR, and Diablo 1.
  12. Armatus
    Armatus
    Hey Kan, I'll check those out. While I share some of the disappointment with NWN2 I don't think I could return to NWN 1, but I still plan to share some of my old adventures when I have some more free time.

If anyone is up for playing mp I would really be interested in pws over the vanilla campaign. So just post here or send me a pm.
  13. hellheaven1987
    hellheaven1987
    Hell, should I buy NWN2??

I have one and it is enjoyable; in fact, my Barbarian Queen is arguable the best character I ever created for RPG.
  14. Armatus
    Armatus
    Well I'll tell you what, NWN vanilla is not where it's at. However I cannot say it enough there are highly developed persistent worlds for Neverwinter 1 out there. Some of which have been in consitent development for 5 years.

I would only return to NWN1 to go online and play one of the mature persistent worlds with someone. A name which comes to mind is World of Karador.
  15. Inhuman One
    Inhuman One
    I have been playing some at Styss lately. I suppose it could be called mature but maybe overly so.

Its crowded and has good character customization and thats the good points, and the roleplay seems also quite alright. DM's are often enough present to keep order.

Sexual content is not shunned at the least here though, many lesbian characters, hermaprodites, bondage freaks and all that around.

While I do not mind roleplaying a sexual scene out when it makes sense, I would keep it in a way similar to a movie, it would have to make sense and the description would be short and without details.

I dont play NWN much at all lately though since I favor server vaults with roleplay and those do not exist anymore. The few that exist focus on sex, and if the main focus is just that it is not the place for me.
  16. Armatus
    Armatus
    I stay away from those sexual freak servers. I mean adult stuff is ok, but when you have to make into something cattering to your particular sexual fetish it's weird especially, considering I'm a straight male and I have a fairly reasonable idea the female characters aren't played by the same. So it's totally not my kind of RP.
  17. Ulyaoth
    Ulyaoth
    I've had the NWN bundle pack that came with all the expansions for a while now, never played it much, hated the camera and controls but keep wanting to try it more. Right now I just need a new computer because no matter what it seems slow as hell even in old things like that.
  18. Armatus
    Armatus
    If you meant NWN1 the cam can be customized to pretty much your liking. NWN2 however I have yet to figure out how to make it un-clunky.
  19. Ummon
    Ummon
    I have to say I prefer NWN2. The campaign has faults, but it is much better than anything NWN. Hordes was fun, but suffered from the lack of challenge of anything high level.

I luckily cannot play much (playing = unhealthy) nonetheless these are my two cents.
  20. Armatus
    Armatus
    Moderation is the key
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast