RPG Publicity Campaign

1. Okmin
    Okmin
    I have no idea where we should start. The general consensus is that the RPGs really just need more people going there, so no moderation/management/staffing issues here. People have proposed announcements advertising the RPGs, and setting up redirects to certain RPGs in relevant forums (e.g. LoRS in TWS2 forums). Might work.

Need more ideas
  2. M D
    M D
    Yo yo yo
  3. Pontifex Maximus
    Front page would be best. I would contact YATS and GSTK managers.
  4. M D
    M D
    I think YATS should be moved back to the RPGs to be honest...
  5. Okmin
    Okmin
    Yeah, I don't see why they should be in the AAR section How'd they get in there in anyway?
  6. M D
    M D
    Because their arrogant patricians
  7. Raglan
    Raglan
    yats ended up in the aar section because a long time ago the two sections aar and rpg were together. Then during a forum resuffle they got seperated (no idea why) most of the yats people complained about this, saying that the game was more for lengthy aar type writters than general rpgers (reason i left) so it got moved to the aar forum. Everything else, on my suggestion got moved to the collesuim/thema devia main forum, as i thought it was more likely to be gaming type people that inhabit the collesuim who would play.

my understanding is that yats has dropped in activity, while gstk has increased.
  8. M D
    M D
    Hence my point
  9. Thoragoros
    Thoragoros
    Okay...does anyone have a link to this 'YATS' thing, because I'm looking in the AAR for it so that I can know what we're talking about, but I honestly cannot find it...

This maybe part of the problem
  10. ForteS
    ForteS
    Like Pontifex said front page announcement would be the best.
  11. Kip
    Kip
    Thanks to Okmin for the invite - I come here on behalf of TTA

I would love to see mutual redirects between the Writers' Study and the RPG section. My evolution on the site started in the Study (Tales of the Week), and from there I branched out into Interactive History, and then I just ventured into RPG during the recent re-shuffle. I think I would have gotten involved in the RPGs a long time ago if there was a direct link in the Study forums, since that's how I view/enjoy the RPG section - as a venue for creative writing, not "gaming".
  12. Raglan
    Raglan
    redirects i can sort out with some ease i imagine. I shall speak to ponti with haste.
  13. Agamemnon
    Agamemnon
    The SOD newsletter.
  14. Okmin
    Okmin
    That could work. I'll get in touch with Brig.
  15. Magicman2051
    Magicman2051
    Right, so three things.

1. The TRS guide is, pending a final review of the rules (to which myself and Ponti will be dedicating our entire weekend, well my entire weekend) ready to go. I've received nothing further from Rag or MD, but GSTK is just grappling with Army Regen now so I wouldn't want anyone new wading into that.

2. Assuming all goes to plan Ponti will be posting the guides... where? I remember that there was some discussion of it occurring in both the root forum and the Consulate but I've heard nothing after that. Regardless that will need to be decided at some stage, it wouldn't hurt if people started using their signatures to advertise more.

3. Neither the RPG section nor GSTK or any past/present RPG appears to have a wiki page.