Concerning Units

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Ciloron
    Ciloron
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Lossoth Hunters Details:
      Name: Lossoth Hunters Attack: 6/Charge: 4/Defense 3/HP 3/Ranged Attack: 7-8/Number of Soldiers: +/- 35
      Description ready
    • Lossoth Fishermen Details:
      Name: Lossoth Fishermen Attack: 4/Charge: 3/Defense 3/HP 4/Ranged Attack: 6-7/Number of Soldiers: +/- 35
      Description ready
    • Lossoth Traders Details:
      Name: Lossoth Traders Attack: 5/Charge: 2/Defense 6/HP 5/Ranged Attack: 7/Number of Soldiers: +/- 25
      Description ready
    • Lossoth Elders Details:
      Name: Elder Tribals Attack: 5/Charge: 2/Defense 11/HP 4/Ranged Attack: 5-7/Number of Soldiers: +/- 20-25
    • Lossoth Skirmishers Details:
      Name: Skirmishers of the North Attack: 3/Charge: 2/Defense 4/HP 3-4/Ranged Attack: 12(with longer range then usual)/Number of Soldiers: +/- 30-50
      Model ready
    • Wolves Details:
      Name: Losski Attack: 8-10/Charge: 5/Defense 6-8/HP 2/Ranged Attack: -/Number of Soldiers: +/- 28(pack mode)
      Model in progress
    • Forod Peacekeepers:
      Name: Forod Peacekeepers Attack: 9/Charge: 2/Defense 8/HP 3/Ranged Attack: 6/Number of Soldiers: +/- 15-25(AP!!!)
    • Imperial Guards:
      Name: Imperial Guards Attack: 11/Charge: 4/Defense 4/HP 3/Ranged Attack: 6/Number of Soldiers: +/- 15-25(AP!!!)
    • Guardians of the Border:
      Name: Guardians of the Border Attack: 7/Charge: 2/Defense 10/HP 3/Ranged Attack: 6/Number of Soldiers: +/- 15-25 (AP!!!)
    • Lossoth Halbards:
      Name: Lossoth Halbards Attack: 3/Charge: 1/Defense 10/HP 4/Ranged Attack: -/Number of Soldiers: +/- 50
      Model ready
    • Lossoth Lumbermen:
      Name: Lossoth Lumbermen Attack: 7/Charge: 4/Defense 4/HP 3/Ranged Attack: 5/Number of Soldiers: +/- (AP)
    • Lossoth Hounds:
      Name: Lossoth Watchhounds Attack: 8/Charge: 4/Defense 7/HP 2/Ranged Attack: -/Number of Soldiers: +/- 90
      Model in progress
    • Lossoth Berserkers:
      Name: The Coldhearted Attack: 16-20/Charge: 5-6/Defense 1/HP 3-4/Ranged Attack: -/Number of Soldiers: +/- 10-20
      Description Ready, Model in progress
    • Lossoth Medicinemen:
      Name:Lossoth Medicinemen Attack: 5-7/Charge: 2/Defense: 5-6/3-4 HP/Ranged Attack: 8/Number of Soldiers: +/- 20-30
    • Lossoth General:
      Name: Lossoth General Attack: 10/Charge: 3/Defense 8/HP 4/Ranged Attack: 4/Number of Soldiers: +/- 20-30
    Special models:
    • Faction leader, to be done
    • General, to be done
    • Captain, to be done
    • Maybe a custom model for an important general or the faction heir (not the one that dies)
  2. Gallus
    Gallus
    FORODWAITH BERSEKERS
    These fearsome warriors are the last remnants of the Forodwaith, the ancient inhabitants of the North, who have dwelt in this hostile environment since the First Age. Vicinity of the Morgoth’s fortress of Angband and everlasting cold have made them extremely hardy and brave warriors. While their culture is simple and they do not possess the knowledge of metalworking, they proved that sometimes the more the weapon is simple, the more deadly it becomes. Forodwaith bersekers are equipped with a mace-like cudgel with sharpened bones sticking out of it and there is no warrior in Middle-earth who would not tremble on the sight of that weapon. They might not be the best armoured, for the peoples of the far North typically wear no other armour than a coat, but their toughness is unmatched in all of Middle-earth.

I know it is not the best and probably full of grammar mistakes so feel free to criticize
  3. Gallus
    Gallus
    defense skill should be about 6-7 imho. After all they lived near Angband in my descr.
  4. Ciloron
    Ciloron
    Updated
  5. Gallus
    Gallus
    corrected text for the bersekers(with the help of Ngugi):
    These fearsome warriors are the last remnants of the Forodwaith, the ancient inhabitants of the North, who have dwelt in this hostile environment since the First Age. Vicinity of the Morgoth’s fortress of Angband and everlasting cold have made them extremely hardy and brave warriors. While their culture is simple and they do not possess the knowledge of metalworking, they proved that sometimes a simple and feeble apperance of the weapon tell nothing of its devastating mortal capacity. The bersekers of Forodwaith are equipped with a mace-like cudgel with sharpened bones and stones sticking out of it and there is no warrior in Middle-earth who would not tremble on the sight of that weapon in the strong hands of the Snowmen's fiercest. They might not be the best armoured, for the peoples of the far North typically wear no other armour than a coat, but their toughness is unmatched in all of Middle-earth.
  6. Ciloron
    Ciloron
    corrected
  7. Ngugi
    Ngugi
    I would change wolves, Araval has a point there. All Wolf-kin is evil in Tolkiens writings.
    Call it hounds or something rather, just as Beorn had great hounds (though those were a bit to clever & human-like perhaps haha) or old farmer Maggot in the Shire. We are not told Lossoth had any but such animals could easily be used to drag sledges or hunt wild animals and so on, of great use to nomad peoples.
  8. David93
    David93
    hmm yes, wolves generally when domesticated become dogs. We could obviously have them husky looking (well thats beyond my skills) but something like that.
    i personally like the idea of a new breed of "ice dog" not called that lol, that is hardy, intelligent native to the area that the Frodowaith have as part of their culture
  9. Ciloron
    Ciloron
    Husky looking is texturing wich is part of my skills
    I'd like to hear what Ngugi has to say about Ice Dogs
  10. Ngugi
    Ngugi
    Well, beside as David note the name needs to be 'spiced' a bit, it sounds good
  11. Ciloron
    Ciloron
    Hmmm, the Watchhounds of Forochel?
  12. Ngugi
    Ngugi
    As an easteregg they could be called something inspired by Siberian Husky
    Russian: Sibirskiy haski, "Siberian husky"
    (...) The term "husky" is a corruption of the nickname "Esky" once applied to the Eskimos and subsequently to their dogs
    Losski hounds or Losski's or Forowi hounds perhaps?
  13. Ciloron
    Ciloron
    One for the ice dogs and one for huskys
  14. Ngugi
    Ngugi
    Aha, you got two hound-units?
  15. Ciloron
    Ciloron
    Something needs to replace cav
  16. Gallus
    Gallus
    bersekers 3.0! As Ngugi pointed out some changes in my concept were necessary so I hope this is the final version.
    LOSSOTH BERSEKERS
    These fearsome warriors are the strongest of the Lossoth, the mysterious people of the far North. As such they are trained to become bersekers from their very childhood. Vicinity to the Witch King's Angmar and Morgoth's everlasting cold have made them extremely hardy and brave warriors. While their culture is simple and they do not possess the knowledge of metalworking, they proved that sometimes a simple and feeble apperance of the weapon tell nothing of its devastating mortal capacity. Lossoth bersekers are equipped with a mace-like cudgel with sharpened bones and stones sticking out of it and there is no warrior in Middle-earth who would not tremble on the sight of that weapon in the strong hands of the Snowmen's fiercest. They might not be the best armoured, for the peoples of the far North typically wear no other armour than a coat, but their toughness is unmatched in all of Middle-earth.
  17. Ciloron
    Ciloron
  18. Truh
    Truh
    Version 3.0 added to export_units. I think i should wait with EDU and such until i get more information. What about their name? Stick with Forodwaitch Berserkers or choose Lossoth Berserkers?
  19. Ciloron
    Ciloron
    How about The Coldhearted?
  20. Truh
    Truh
    Now have a look at what the nifty wizard Truh has done now *muhaha*

DL for the texture, you could make them a little more like wolves, dont you Nico?
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9PPAYCCO
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast