"Foreign or Mercanry" infantry or wybraniecka piikes and muskets

Panceri or armoured calvary

Dragoons:

Zaporozhian cossack Calvary

Zaporozhian Cossack Infantry

Someone find a pic of the tatars
  2. Hetman Żółkiewski
    Hetman Żółkiewski
    Aren't we missing something? Khotyn, Klushino, Kircholm, (Zbaraz?)
  3. Hunyadi Mátyás
    Hunyadi Mátyás
    Ok Were adding Klushino, Kirchholm, Khotyn and probably Zbaraz?
  4. Hetman Żółkiewski
    Hetman Żółkiewski
    It's in the hands of the producer and mod leader (who is absent). I've also got some banner descriptions for the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and a basic formation for the same faction:

Tactics:

Something along the lines of that was used at Kircholm

The usual formation for a Polish army—the "Horns"—is shown. The heavy cavalry Hufs were drawn up three ranks deep, the mediums four. Less experienced troops among the latter were kept in the "Black Huf". The rear hufs were spaced a good distance behind the front ones to allow for maneuver.

The Poles usually started with a weak attack from one wing to fix the enemy's attention. Next the light cavalry began to envelop him, causing his forces to bunch together. The heavy hussars then charged into the thick of them, the gap thus opened being exploited by the mediums; finally the light cavalry took up the pursuit. However, their tactics were varied, based on the flexibility conferred by their cavalry organization and the almost unstoppable full-gallop charge of the heavy and medium cavalry.

Polish Flags

a. Pancerni standard. Colors red with gold wreath and eagle, b. Dragoon standard. Light blue top, black bottom, with cross in reversed colors, c. Cossack flag. White top, red bottom, with yellow cross and crescent. a. and e. Tartar flag and horsetail pennant. Colors on the flag red, with yellow edging and cross. Horsetail could be any color, formed into a bun held by a gold net and topped with a gold or silver crescent, f. Polish royal standard, 16th-17th Century. Top and bottom stripes very deep crimson, middle stripe white. Crown, scroll around shield and jeweled chain, gold outlined black. Coat of arms—red shield with white or silver Polish eagles and Lithuanian "pursuit" emblems of gold riders holding light blue shields, on white horses. The small shield in the centre is light blue, with three white feathers. The ornamental ropes are light blue, terminating in gold tassels. The jewels on the chain and the crown are alternately deep red and deep blue. The haft of the standard is bright red, striped in gold, with a gold point. Size of the standard was approximately eight feet high and nine wide! g. Heavy hussar standard. White with green wreath and letter 'S'. h. to j. Heavy hussar lance pennants (uniform for each "rota"), 'h' is a 16th Century pennant in red and blue, starting with blue at the haft 'i" is 17th Century with a white top and red bottom, the cross and swallows' tails being reversed. "j" is also a 17th Century pennant, with yellow top and white bottom, swallows' tails reversed colors. k. 17th Century cavalry flag. l. Polish flag, showing centre only. Whole flag was square. Ground is blue with gold cross and ornaments. Shaded part of Virgin's robe red. The reverse side of the flag carries the collar of the Order of the Golden Fleece, surrounding the combined arms of Sweden and Poland. This probably dates from the 1630s-50s, the Swedish design showing the claim of 17th Century Polish kings to the Swedish throne. m. Polish pennon, first half of 16th Century. Red with gold device.
  5. Hetman Żółkiewski
    Hetman Żółkiewski
    That should keep the 2d artists busy (or whoever makes the unit banners)
  6. blur!
    blur!
    I don't work anymore at tw modding,thanks for bringing me in the team and i'm sorry i couldn't make the sigs...bye and thanks in advance
    and
    FUT BOZGORII IN GURA!
  7. Zack-Stefy
    Zack-Stefy
    Nice to have you here m8 Take care and good luck!
  8. Hunyadi Mátyás
    Hunyadi Mátyás
    For Russian units how about some streltsy:

and a good resource site:
    http://greatestbattles.iblogger.org/...Muscovites.htm
  9. Hunyadi Mátyás
    Hunyadi Mátyás
    Look at my recent post in http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=9778925

I have Polish and Russian unit roster concepts

If we can't find any modelers, I will plan to merge with Ogniem I Mieczem or I will borrow the whole mod, translate it to English and Polish, Use the Eastern Europe Total War map as a campaign and imrpove the units. Probably a major overhaul as Ace_General said a few months ago.

BTW I'm the mod leader and producer now (Sobieski was inactive for almost a year)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12