How did you get started?

1. Sun Jetzu
    Sun Jetzu
    How did you gets started with your youtube and total war video making? Why did you decide this was the best use of your time?
    For me I started watching Prince of Macedon and loved his videos. I watched them for years but then began watching Heir of Carthage and though I could make videos out of the game I loved too!
    So I made battle videos bfor a while but youtube took them all down for copyright reasons. I used music from known artists in some of them
    So I started from scratch and made a Lets play witch failed because Shogun 2 Otomo Clan on very hard and darthmod settings is ridiculous to play, let alone beat lol
    So after another failure I almost agev up, until I played a battle on empire and decided to film the battle due to its epicness!
    I did and it was a hit
    Since then I've been making Machinima's And just recently started making Lets Place again with Machinimas for the battles. Heres the video that started it all!

Whats your story?
  2. Steelwarrior
    Steelwarrior
    Hi,

I have been watching lots of LPs myself and then was with my best friends on a trip in the car and got the idea we could do videos too - so we are 7 weeks on youtube now and the channel goes very well and we have lots of fun! Now we want to make our channel serious ;-)
  3. Sun Jetzu
    Sun Jetzu
    hahah good job man, thats a good story. You guys are doing really well good work. I"ll give your channel a shout out in my next video man.
    Also for anyone part of the group, shoutouts and adding to featured channels isnt a must but its a good way to help each other out
  4. Steelwarrior
    Steelwarrior
    Yep - I did add you as well in the channel link
  5. Sun Jetzu
    Sun Jetzu
    nice thank you, I just wish I could get more people interested in joining. Ive asked some on youtube but still no response ha
  6. Steelwarrior
    Steelwarrior
    Well team is always better then alone - so nevemind ;-)
  7. Jackasaurus
    Jackasaurus
    Heir of Carthage also inspired me to make youtube videos haha. Saw his Carthaginian Campaign and I fell in love with the faction xD. Been through 5 channels and the one thats up now is my most successful
  8. Sun Jetzu
    Sun Jetzu
    you better make a carthage lets play with the new game ha
  9. Antiscamp
    Antiscamp
    Hey, people! I just joined this group a couple of days ago and I'll introduce myself a tiny tad here.

I had been watching Let's Plays for years and always thought about making them myself. I was too engaged in modding between 2010 and the beginning of 2013 though, so I never got to it. By the end of last year, I got a new friend at work who is doing live commentaries, let's plays and other video stuff on gaming online, so I told him about my plans to do an own let's play as well. He actually gave me my microphone, which I still use (it's a Blue SnowFlake). I uploaded my first tests to YouTube but kept them private, and had my pals to look at them and comment them first.

I then started recording Distant Worlds, which is a rather unknown, but really detailed 4X space strategy game. I've continued on doing Let's Plays from there. I've been doing a lot of Distant Worlds, but also Europa Universalis and Civilization 5. Now, I've started a series with Rome Total War and the result is just awesome. This is the first Total War title I let's play. The Total War series provides for some epic let's plays, they're really viewer-friendly too, so I will stick around and do more of them. I am really looking forward to let's playing Rome 2.