New here, where to start?

1. GatorMarine1833
    GatorMarine1833
    So as I understand it the team has decided on releasing a historical battle first, correct?

Has there been any physical progress thus far (coding, graphics?) or a playable Alpha?

For the Battle of Vienna I'm assuming this is the battle in 1683, correct?

Finally as for the factions, what are the ones we need for the battle?

I recommend the following:

1). Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Holy Roman Empire, and Ottoman Empire

or

2). PLC, Austria, Bavaria, Saxony, Ottoman Empire, Crimean Khanate

or

3). PLC, Zaporozhian Cossacks, Austria, Bavaria, Saxony, Ottoman Empire, Crimean Khanate, Transylvania

Other possible factions: Franconia, Swabia, Tuscany, Moldavia, Wallachia

The HRE factions should be relatively easy because their skins/models won't be too different.
  2. Ace_General
    Ace_General
    We have the polish-lithuanian commonwealth, the HRE/Hapsburgs, and the ottoman empire, though we need to get are team and other work more established till we get to skinning
  3. Hetman Żółkiewski
    Hetman Żółkiewski
    Ace_General, I personally think that we should have PLC, Habsburgs, Ottomans, and Transilvania; as those 4 have the greatest variaty, its hard to place Transilvania along with the Ottomans in one army as they have a different army structure and different backbone, unless we clearly state that the unit is an allied unit from a foreign nation (ex. Translivanian Skirmishers).

I also have a question, how are me going to put the match into propartion I mean, there is no way we are going to get an army of +100,000 in one army or on one map! so are we going to do a scale of 1:10?
  4. Hunyadi Mátyás
    Hunyadi Mátyás
    Transylvania would be a good idea, we can try to use the units from Ogniem I Mieczem as templates
  5. Hetman Żółkiewski
    Hetman Żółkiewski
    Thanks for supporting my idea. It's going to be jolly hard to figure out and perfect the mod. btw, have we made any official decssions about the mod? I've heard this may be a sub mod to Lithuania: Total War, is that the official decission?
  6. Jan III Sobieski
    Jan III Sobieski
    As part of my decision, I'm adding Transylvania as a faction.
  7. Salvo
    Salvo
    So as I understand it the team has decided on releasing a historical battle first, correct?
    Do You have any experience in scripting a battle?
    I used to make them for some time, not an easy thing to do.