Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Some metal anyone?

Default Re: Some metal anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by TB666 View Post
    Growling isn't really screaming tho.
    I have been to a black metal concert and those guys aren't screaming their lungs out. They are doing it just like any other clean singer.
    But I do agree that it takes some time to get used too.

Oh and STRANGE, MOUNTAIN !!!
    Try explaining that to your boss at Burger King when you're in high school... that douche wouldn't listen to a single word I said... oh well...

Join me at dinooftheweek.blogspot.com

Lykaor's Avatar Tiro

Love the band and the festival. (I'll hopefully have a go this summer)

Wacköööööön!!!
    Für dich, ganz allein, all' mein Gebein.

One band covers all my metal needs; they're superficial, corny and metal enough for anyone: Manowar! Need i say more? Almost all their albums rock, with tracks like "Hail and Kill", "Sign of the hammer" and "warriors of the world" and i could go on... Their newest album was a letdown though, a great packing on the special edition, but i took a listen, and i might as well have stuck human waste in my ears and let it sink in deep.

Well, i also really enjoy iron maiden, did a paper on "hallowed be thy name" in english class, and i used to enjoy pantera but had way, way too much of it.

Anyway, have any of you guys listened to the norwegian band TOTAL WAR? (formerly WAR), i think they should definitely NOT be on the soundtrack for kingdoms. (i wanted to check if they had been mentioned on here before, but the search engine wasn't really helpful. I wonder why...) take a listen guys, but make sure you haven't eaten for at least one hour before you do.

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

Quote Originally Posted by FunTex View Post
    One band covers all my metal needs; they're superficial, corny and metal enough for anyone: Manowar!

HEAVY METAL THUUUNDARRRR!

Who actually dared buy that at a shop though? What if you met a friend on the way out who didn't know who Manowar are? Could be very embarrassing...

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

One band covers all my metal needs; they're superficial, corny and metal enough for anyone: Manowar! Need i say more? Almost all their albums rock, with tracks like "Hail and Kill", "Sign of the hammer" and "warriors of the world" and i could go on...
    Aye, Manowar is indeed more metal then anyone .
    I got hte "Absolute Power" DVD and must say that it's a awesome show.
    There's a band that really cares about their fans unlike Limp Bizkit and Trivium.
    Their newest album was a letdown though, a great packing on the special edition, but i took a listen, and i might as well have stuck human waste in my ears and let it sink in deep.
    Yeah it was a letdown.
    The metal songs were awesome but there was simply way too much instrumentals and Joey's horrible voice-overs.
    But that's what the "skip track" button is for

Who actually dared buy that at a shop though?
    If I remember correctly, that album is not offical so you shouldn't be able to find it in a shop.
    Besides this is Manowar, they can be as homoerotic as they want. They would still be more metal then anyone.

Try explaining that to your boss at Burger King when you're in high school... that douche wouldn't listen to a single word I said... oh well...
    There is alot of ignorance in the world.
    People love putting labels on metalheads.
    Last edited by God-Emperor of Mankind; June 11, 2007 at 04:29 PM.

True dat, guys. And god, i bought a special edition, a thick leather case with a steel plate folded around it, quite neat, only a faint impression of the band name pressed onto the steel. Quite metal, if only the lyrics in the booklet wasn't written in runes... Oh Manowar, you crack me up, in the most metal way possible.

Bovril's Avatar Primicerius
    Civitate Patrician

Yeah, I listen to a lot of Metal (more than any other genre). 90% of it is crap IMO, but that leaves a hell of a lot of good bands. I'm not a huge fan of the thread starter's faves being into more obscure stuff generally. Plus I can't stand the bigotry of bands like Canibal Corpse.

Necromancer's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by misfitsfiend138 View Post
    American 80's thrash! Vio-lence, testament, exodus, megadeth, overkill just to name a few.
    todays metal bands suck , they all sound alike, none of them sound unique. the cookie-monster voices suck, the screaming sucks, they play gay breakdowns, and the hardcore dancing makes me so pissed off. whats worse they all suck at guitar, they dont play any solos!
    trivium is so god-awful terrible. they steal all their **** from metallica and other bands. (solos escpecially) the singer is ripping off hetfields vocals. alot of their solos are just of the speed metal guitar dvd. they think they will become the next metallica, bullsh!t!
    then theres lamb of god, who thinks theyre thrash but they are metalcore (i hate the singer so much, he thinks hes metal but hes got a emo haircut) and that bullet for my valentine band who say they be the next iron maiden. they should get hanged for that remark.
    THANK YOU!!!

All of these new and nu metal bands need to clamp on a big, fat one.

Although I'm not too much into thrash, I do like Megadeth, because Mustaine is the man, he gets the point across without screaming his lungs to hell.

I'm more into the British sound of Heavy Metal. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Saxon etc.

Death Metal, the most fierce of all metal, that only the most brave, hardcore metalheads listen to ... LOL!!! Gimme a break! Death Metal, Black Metal, Dark Metal, Doom Metal (oooooh! ), all of that **** SUCKS! It's worse than punk!

If you want it loud, fierce and in your face, all you need is PAINKILLER!!! Pure Heavy Metal! It pierces the skin, goes through the fat and rips the muscle faster and harder than ANY death metal song or group. PERIOD!!!

The whole album is a Heavy Metal MASTERPIECE! EVERY song is a winner!

I present to you, PAINKILLER

Painkiller - 1

Death Metal - 0

The MASTERS of Heavy Metal

K.K. Downing

Glenn Tipton

Scott Travis

Ian Hill

The Metal God Himself: ROB HALFORD

BTW: I forgot how to display the video directly onto the post, anyone wanna remind me how to? I highlight the link and click the youtube icon so the text is wrapped with the youtube code on either side... what am I not doing right???
    Last edited by Necromancer; July 04, 2007 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovril View Post
    Yeah, I listen to a lot of Metal (more than any other genre). 90% of it is crap IMO, but that leaves a hell of a lot of good bands. I'm not a huge fan of the thread starter's faves being into more obscure stuff generally. Plus I can't stand the bigotry of bands like Canibal Corpse.
    I never really thought they were bigots... just really offensive, hmmm...

But anyhow... I never got into manowar, they bored me... then again, I have been listening to rob zombie off and on the past few days, and he gets boring too sometimes...

Join me at dinooftheweek.blogspot.com

hunter260859's Avatar Senator

Nice post necromancer yes priest are the true gods of metal there fierce fast and a little dirty but they have the soft and melodic sort of side to them so both types of people can enjoy

and there still going to this day

i present you with hellrider

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfenrir View Post
    I've been perusing around here lately and every band I notice is a pop band or some emo whiney band or a radiohead-esque band or oldies.
    still a good mix with pop is doable

btw only metal bands make up interesting lyrics....
    ...but innocence was lost long ago

Indefinitely Banned

Brummie invention, heavy metal. little known fact that

hunter260859's Avatar Senator

no it isnt black sabbath came from brummie land and so did judas priest the god farther of heavy metal

oh judas priest... why did you have to pick such an annoying singer? every time I listen to them, I start enjoying the music (the riffs, solos, drumwork...), and then the idiotic self-proclaimed-'god-of-metal' ruins it, completely. especially on painkiller. all of those falsetto high notes are more annying than death growls...
    Last edited by Your Lame Sister; June 16, 2007 at 04:00 PM.
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." - Bob Dylan

"Faith in God means believing, absolutely, in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing, absolutely, in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. WE are the true believers." - Joss Whedon

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

If you think he's annoying, you've obviously not heard the legendary King Diamond

Ledhead's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfenrir View Post
    I've been perusing around here lately and every band I notice is a pop band or some emo whiney band or a radiohead-esque band or oldies. Doesn't anyone listen to Fear Factory or Cannibal Corpse anymore. I was playing M2 and listening to Carcass, Demons and Wizards, and Emperor one day... it was great. I just ask 'cause it doesn't seem like there's anyone talking about the good old metal anywhere on here.
    I found that most of us don't need the constant affirmation others do, simple as that...

at least king diamond is unique, in a twisted, bizzare way (kinda 'ghostly'). rob halford is plain annoying, without adding anything to the music. realy, the only high pitched singer I like is bruce dickinson (from iron maiden, of course). the rest feel forced and unnatural.
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." - Bob Dylan

"Faith in God means believing, absolutely, in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing, absolutely, in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. WE are the true believers." - Joss Whedon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234