Thread: Eastern campaign

Icon7 Eastern campaign

Welcome to my little mod: Eastern campaign

This mod uses the Alexander expansion's map, but not in Alexander's time.
    Added some factions, and upgraded every farms, also India is reachable now (added a bridge to the river).

This is only a provincial campaign, wont modify any of your files.

Download: Click here

Installation:
    Put the Eastern folder from the zip to: Rome/Data/world/maps/campaign
    Put the other txt files to Rome/data/text

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Good luck!

Default Re: Eastern campaign

thanks supermoler for this nice mod this very cool and he works good too . and i wait all your new things

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Great work again! On a side note, since the indian region is now accessible, won't adding the indian faction from alexander to the game be a good idea?

Thanks.
    I was thinking about that too, but that wouldnt be a provincial campaign, and would require more modding

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Ah, I see! Good job anyway! +Rep [when I'll be able to give rep to you again! ]!

this is a great idea. love it.
    . .

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

The indians are redone via the CATW team. They are worth using! Meretix also redone the Alex units.

i'd be willing to help make this a provincial campaign for THS (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=408453), or to figure out how to add alex units like hypaspists n stuff. anyone else up for it?
    . .

debux's Avatar Senator

Needs... more... provinces!

Great idea, but I'd hate to wipe out macedon with only two sieges
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah, great idea, but a better map is definitely needed because the vanilla Alexander map is the dictionary definition of "epic failure". I would suggest either the Rise of Persia or Persian Invasion map for it.

Megas alexandros map has some southern italians. i think even syracuse if i'm not wrong.

edit: let's not get too ambitious so quickly though. it's pretty cool as is.
    Last edited by Aleksander the Average; March 18, 2011 at 02:54 PM.
    . .

debux's Avatar Senator

I think the focus of this is to represent a bit the Diadochi wars, without Rome being in the way. Stretching over to Sicily would have to make the inclusion of Rome mandatory.

In what time period is this mod based? Because with more provinces, it could be stretched over to before 303 BC, allowing the inclusion of the Antigonid Kingdom, Epirus and maybe a few minor factions like Cyrenaica, Rhodes and some asian factions, but I don't know much about that area.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

lol, I dont have those mods, so I cant really make those maps, but good luck to anyone who makes it

And it starts in 300 BC.

edit: oh, and expanding map to sicily would break every coordinates, so I would have to put every army again..

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by alexander the average View Post
    Megas alexandros map has some southern italians. i think even syracuse if i'm not wrong.
    Yeah, that would be the Rise of Persia map that MA uses.

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    I think the focus of this is to represent a bit the Diadochi wars, without Rome being in the way. Stretching over to Sicily would have to make the inclusion of Rome mandatory.
    Then the Persian Invasion map is the way to go. It covers the same general area as the ROP map, but cuts off southern Italy and Sicily. Plus, Greece is quite a bit bigger than on the ROP map.

In what time period is this mod based? Because with more provinces, it could be stretched over to before 303 BC, allowing the inclusion of the Antigonid Kingdom, Epirus and maybe a few minor factions like Cyrenaica, Rhodes and some asian factions, but I don't know much about that area.
    300 BC.

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

I love it. +rep
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.