Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guild wars (topic 213124435)

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Default Guild wars (topic 213124435)

How many people here play guild Wars? I'm a pretty experienced PVE player and am willing to lend a helping hand to any and all TWC initiates.

My ign(in game name): dark lord of nitemare.

I find the game really excellent, never gets boring. There's so many things to do, from titles, to PVP to trying to get the best gear (almost impossible), to simply following the story and helping others.

Guild wars has little to no grind -monster killing to level up is a thing of the past. The low level cap deffinately isnt as limiting as some say it is; it actually makes the game strategic and keeps pvp elitism to a minimal.

I know that Incinerate here plays (having funded him)

and the late Turkeys also used to play.

Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Guild wars (topic 213124435)

I played it for a while but eventually got bored because of the limitations in the game.

However overall I admire the developers attitude towards balance. Unlike some other games that I wont mention (*cough* WoW *cough*) Warlock anyone?

Hephaistos's Avatar Tiro

I played the first part of Guild Wars a while ago (in the european area) until the last mission in the ice mountains. So far I played all quests and missions completly alone with bots, because I am very new to MMORPGs and probably to stupid to understand them really. I stopped playing it, when I was killed the second time in this mission, and found the mission to boring to play it a third time.

I want a REAL pvp mmo, not a 3rd person counter-strike with stats and levels.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I used to play it, I had 2 level 20 characters one was a ranger, Its pretty fun especially the missions, I found them cool. I think I may install it some time again and try to get through nightfalls main quest.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Confederate Soldier's Avatar Ordinarius

I play, I have made many level 20 names, and deleted a level 18. Look for me in the PVP arena (name is Exam System) Wont be that hard to find me, just look for a stupid MM nerco who doesn’t even have any skills that kill, or heal . As for PVE, my current name is Bayonett Anderson. I had to make the name since I love the character, and since I got my hands on Shiro's blades.
    Proud Crusader for the F.A.I.T.H. and Gunslinger for DIXIE
    People don’t want to live in a world where god’s fight amongst each other, One God is Enough! -Alex Rosewater

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

hey guys Ive started playing again. Add me: Turkeys is immortal
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Hephaistos you should start playing again! What level are you at at the third mission? That's not even close to hard compared to other ones.

I can help you

Guild wars is.. an okay game i guess. I never really liked it.

I bought it over a year ago. At first i loved it, the amazing landscape, pretty animations and an interesting storyline. I was rather bored with WoW at that time, so it was like a substitution. Soon however, i started getting bored. I had trouble getting a party for some missions, so i would try it with henchmen instead. Sadly the henchmen were complete retards. Needless to say i died quite a lot. It's really frustrating, because if all of the party members are dead you have to redo the mission from the start, even if your maybe 2 minutes away from the end. I realize this would make the game too easy if it weren't so, but some of the missions were real hard to do. Especially with henchmen, so sometimes i just couldn't play at all, if there weren't enough players in the pre-mission zone. And playing with henchmen was rather lonely anyway. It's supposed to be a MMORPG or whatever they call it, it isn't meant to play alone anyway. It didn't really feel like there was much to do. There were a few smaller quests, but even they became frustrating real fast and were repetative. I never made it to 20, just 18. So i cant comment on the level 20 gameplay. Guild vs Guild sounds interesting, but i reached this spot where i just couldn't understand where to go. In some desert, i was just lost. Maybe ill continue one day. I never bought the other chapters. This can be a fun game for some, but it wasn't for me.

MMORPGs get dull quickly... addition should not be the basis of gameplay
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Hephaistos's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Gen_Angmar View Post
    Hephaistos you should start playing again! What level are you at at the third mission? That's not even close to hard compared to other ones.

I can help you
    After farming some Minotaurs I was something between level 12 and 14, I don't remember exactly. I am playing a Warrior/Monk and found out, how to use skilles, so Minotaurs simply can't hurt me. But in other situations my char seems quite weak. For example I have never survived an Area Battle, which make me woundering very much, what I am doing wrong. In this mission I do come quite far, but obiously my char is not strong enough to go past bigger numbers of enemies. (And this bots really are stupid.)

Well, perhaps I can give it another try with some help. But the question is, in which time zone you do live. I do live in the MET zone (GMT +2). If the time difference is to big it could be complicated.

area battle? 6 Hour difference isn't much. I'm on for pretty much 12 hours sundays and saturdays. Hell I'm on right now.

I play constantly, love the PvP.

Gwendylyn's Avatar Citizen

Monk, Dwyn Carinya. I haven't been on in a while because of school, but break starts at the end of this month and I mean to get through all of Nightfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaistos View Post
    I am playing a Warrior/Monk and found out, how to use skilles, so Minotaurs simply can't hurt me. But in other situations my char seems quite weak. For example I have never survived an Area Battle, which make me woundering very much, what I am doing wrong. In this mission I do come quite far, but obiously my char is not strong enough to go past bigger numbers of enemies. (And this bots really are stupid.)
    You mean Arena Battle?

Are you using the same builds for everything? That would be a problem. I play a Monk mostly on PVE and I change my skills all the time before venturing out on missions or areas with a few core rules I always follow for pairing certain skills. On top of that, PVP builds are generally quite different from PVE ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Estlander
    And playing with henchmen was rather lonely anyway. It's supposed to be a MMORPG or whatever they call it, it isn't meant to play alone anyway.
    All MMOs allow players to play alone. I rarely play WoW in groups. The game supports this functionality. There's no way to play a game wrongly. On that note, I find it a hell of a lot easier to find groups in Guild Wars than any other MMO I've played - and not just because I'm a healing class.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendylyn View Post
    All MMOs allow players to play alone. I rarely play WoW in groups. The game supports this functionality. There's no way to play a game wrongly. On that note, I find it a hell of a lot easier to find groups in Guild Wars than any other MMO I've played - and not just because I'm a healing class.
    Yes, of course they have the ability to play alone. But you should still see other people running around while you are grinding/questing. Guild Wars doesn't have that, you can only see other people in cities unless your in a group. Fun to talk to some complete strangers while your out in the wild

On the other hand though, does anyone notice player united groups are getting rarer in the newest Guildwars title, Nightfall? I found that with heroes there is little to no need for other players, yet I still prefer playing with other humans. Finding groups is getting increasingly difficult.

I'm not that far in the campaign though (fourth mission), perhaps when things get tougher people will be more inclined to form parties.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    I want a REAL pvp mmo, not a 3rd person counter-strike with stats and levels.

Downloand Shadowbane, the game is almost completely devoted to PVP. It also has player-controlled cities and nations that make for interesting politics and wars.

It was made completely free to get about a year ago. The graphics are a bit outdated but who cares?

Whats your ign white knight? Mine (as previously stated) is Dark Lord nitemare. And frankly, with the unpredictability of PUG's I prefer my heroes. They don't leave or swear at me.

Of course I prefer guild players the most.

Gwendylyn's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Estlander View Post
    Yes, of course they have the ability to play alone. But you should still see other people running around while you are grinding/questing. Guild Wars doesn't have that, you can only see other people in cities unless your in a group. Fun to talk to some complete strangers while your out in the wild
    Thats just the difference between a game with a persistent world vs. one thats instanced, and most MMOs tend towards the first. I will agree I like the former better generally for MMOs, especially since it makes you really feel a part of the bigger community. I have my hopes up for GW2

But that kind of world would completely kill the Guild Wars economy. This economy is built not on quests or mining but on drops. Therefore the best way to make money is to slay monsters or open chests. Both of these moneymaking methods, however, would be completely destroyed by the loss of instancing.

Also, (I'm going to presume you know Guild Wars with this statement) how would you like it if you just farmed your 400k elemental sword and some ******* comes along and steals it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast