Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guild wars (topic 213124435)

Hephaistos's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Guild wars (topic 213124435)

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendylyn View Post
    Are you using the same builds for everything? That would be a problem. I play a Monk mostly on PVE and I change my skills all the time before venturing out on missions or areas with a few core rules I always follow for pairing certain skills. On top of that, PVP builds are generally quite different from PVE ones.
    I am using different skilles in PvE and Arena, but probably not the right ones. What would be good Arena skills for an axe using Warrior/Monk?

Gwendylyn's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaistos View Post
    I am using different skilles in PvE and Arena, but probably not the right ones. What would be good Arena skills for an axe using Warrior/Monk?
    Have you looked at the unoffical forums for builds? That is where I learned a lot about what skills are good in combinations, though I don't currently use any of their builds for my Monk but devised my own.

The warrior builds forum is here but they tend to concentrate on solo farming builds for W/Mo.

Start hunting around in their warrior's forum and learn what combos of 2-4 skills people tend to use and start experimenting with them. Some of the skills, though, may require Factions or Nightfall, and since I haven't played my warrior since the first few months of the game's release I wouldn't be able to give good advice on what to use anymore with all the skill updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen_Angmar
    But that kind of world would completely kill the Guild Wars economy. This economy is built not on quests or mining but on drops. Therefore the best way to make money is to slay monsters or open chests. Both of these moneymaking methods, however, would be completely destroyed by the loss of instancing.

Also, (I'm going to presume you know Guild Wars with this statement) how would you like it if you just farmed your 400k elemental sword and some ******* comes along and steals it?
    I was talking about GW2, not the current Guild Wars turning into a persistent world. If someone likes the Guild Wars gameplay and doesn't want the persistent world, they don't have to play the sequel thats under development. It wouldn't destroy the economy because it's a separate game.

Honestly I don't see why it couldn't still have drops as the basis of the economy and would have to switch to quest rewards - that's how WoW works, with the only exception being experience boosters. You get the best weapons and armor from drops, not from quests. Just add a name to the drop and voila - you have the same system as in GW.

And hell, I'm dirt poor in GW despite playing from the beginning. I don't farm except when I am extremely bored. As a player, I play in a very different way than you do so my concerns (casual friendly grind-less strategy based gameplay) aren't going to be the same as yours (farming, moneymaking, and economy). I'm not about to write off ArenaNet because I can conceive of how to balance a GW2 economy.
    Last edited by Gwendylyn; June 08, 2007 at 02:28 PM.

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

I find farming very boring as well. I only do it when I need money.

Oh well, I'm on now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Gaius Drakan's Avatar Biarchus

I played it for years, but now I've moved onto LotRO (with my lifetime membership woohoo). Will be buying GW:EN and GW2 though.

Incinerate_IV's Avatar Burn baby burn

I get on sometimes, still trying to beat the game.

My SN: Anita Rain
    THE PC Hardware Buyers Guide
    Desktop PC: Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.8 Ghz | Swiftech Apogee GT waterblock + MCP655 + 2 x 120mm rad | Biostar Tforce 965PT | G.Skill 4gb (2 x 2gb) DDR2-800 | Radeon HD 4870 512mb | 250GB + 160GB hard drive | Antec 900 | 22" Widescreen

Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Yeah was Alliance Battling earlier. This weekend is fun albiet terrible for those without factions.

By the way, if enough people are interested I may start a TWC guild. But I want at least a good 20 people for that. And that's just a foundation for a larger one.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I can join.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Temtation's Avatar Laetus

I got Prophecies a few weeks ago and this game is brilliant. Me and my brother have been teaming up to do missions and quests and they are great fun. Yeah, henchmen are a bit stupid but finding mission parties is really easy. I've just done The Frost Gate mission and am a level 16 elementalist/mesmer.

Game name is "Dread Bloodsoul"

I'd take henchmen and heroes over humans anyday. You won't believe the crap you witness over time.

I saw you on today and whispered you, but you didn't answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12