View Poll Results: More factions, more fun?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!! The more factions the better, bring them on!!!

52 69.33%
  • NO WAY!! We have enough crowding already

6 8.00%
  • Yes, but only a couple of new factions and that's it

17 22.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More factions, more fun?

Icon10 More factions, more fun?

Hi all, i wanted to make a thread to ask the community how they feel towards adding more and more factions to the game.

Some people say that no new factions should be added but i ask why not?? the more, the better in my opinion! more variety, more historical accuracy, and more factions to play as means you're more likely to play as your ancestors, lol. So why not, bring them on! My most requested factions would be:

Aragon
    Kievan Rus
    Switzerland
    Luthiania
    Bohemia
    Ireland
    Teutons
    Templars
    more islamic factions...
    Last edited by Aurelius Maximus; June 11, 2007 at 10:09 AM.

Default Re: More factions, more fun?

I'd only like more factions if they are very different from each other unit wise. If they are just mostly carbon copies of another faction, I think it is a waste. They need to play differently, and look quite different instead of the same with other factions.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

I voted for more factions....but only if they are included in a bigmap. Otherwise, too much crowding. Maneuvaring becomes a problem and its too difficult to complete the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius Maximus View Post
    Hi all, i wanted to make a thread to ask the community how they feel towards adding more and more factions to the game.

Some people say that no new factions should be added but i ask why not?? the more, the better in my opinion! more variety, more historical accuracy, and more factions to play as means you're more likely to play as your ancestors, lol. So why not, bring them on! My most requested factions would be:

Aragon
    Kievan Rus
    Switzerland
    Luthiania
    Bohemia
    Ireland
    Teutons
    Templars
    more islamic factions...
    i think Aragon
    Kievan Rus
    Switzerland
    Lithunania
    Teutonic Knights
    Templar Knights
    Hospitaller Knights

(go east)

Kwarehzam Shahdom (sp.)
    Seljuks
    Timurids (playable)
    Golden Horde (playable)

Goudvinger's Avatar Semisalis

I would want at least twice the amount of factions, and more regions.

Same here, twice the factions twice the regions.

A couple of new/changed factions would be perfect.

Add:
    Bohemia
    Burghundy (another faction in france)

Switch:
    Portugal to Aragon
    Milan to Genoa

And then add a few provinces for the new factions, and remove some from middle east (there are simply too many down there, and I wouldn't want more mid-east factions).

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    ...And then add a few provinces for the new factions, and remove some from middle east (there are simply too many down there, and I wouldn't want more mid-east factions)....
    eh?
    theres not enough down there!

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Theres only 3 islamic factions (excluding mongols and timurids) and that is alot???? I'd say the europeans. They got tons of factions already.

Roshak's Avatar Senator

Lol I'm the only one who voted no

There are plenty of factions I think, but not enough diversity or uniqueness to them to be especially memorable. Some factions just feel too much like duplicates.

Arrogance is the Leading Cause of Defeat.

New to the Multiplayer or just Total War games? Check out Roshak's Guide

All of the Italian factions seem almost like carbon copies. But I don't play as them anyway so I don't care.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

I'm certainly in favour of new factions so long as modders are able to keep the campaign AI development balanced. Too many new factions or provinces may bog the game down or make it too easy to make money and win the game.
    Stainless Steel has added Templar faction and will add in the next release Kievan Rus and Aragonese I believe. So far the mod owner King Kong has balanced the new factions extremely well.

Aside from these new SS factions, I'd also like to see Flanders, Ireland and another Islamic faction added to the game.

I think they need to work on the current game with patchs before they do anything else.

lol garnier, islamic factions are waaay too few and underrated, if ever CA will add more factions i vote for more action in north africa and the middle east. you want many, look at the differently colored map of europe in medieval lol )

Yeah, I agree... you'd have to make the map bigger or just create fewer factions.

Join me at dinooftheweek.blogspot.com

Who needs more factions for fun???
    Just play with first tier units only
    Peasants, peasants archers, mounted seargents, town militia and ballistas
    "Who said all things green aint cool?"

Well currently the muslim faction skins are horribly ugly. If the saracens for example, looked nice, and were mostly just guys with turbans and white/tan clothes with scimitars/bows/spears, it would be cool. But at least their most common units are very ugly and so I hate to fight them.

Granted, the europeans could do with a bit less colour as well, but somehow I don't mind them as much.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Majorfatso's Avatar Foederatus

Medieval 2 doesn't need more carbon copy factions it need's more diversity but if these new factions have a real sense of diversity then go ahead and make them as I know I certainly will be downloading them if they are ever put into a mod. Speaking of mods the lack of diversity is a big factor why you get so many mods being made.

Mods like RTW's EB are pretty much popular because there more diverse and they don't make everyone look the same.

In this world there are two types of evil people. they are people who do evil stuff and there are people who see evil stuff happening and do nothing about it.

And lastly, play Battlemaster

Yes, more factions are needed. With more factions, more buffer states can be created, more complex alliances, less ultra-poweful stastes (since there will be less rebels to take advantage from). Of course, some diversity is needed.

My requested factions would be:

Acquitaine and Burgundy (to reflect even better France complex situation of the era)
    Castillo y Leon; Aragon. again, to better reflect spain.
    Bohemia
    Serbia, Croatia
    Armenia Kingdom of Cilicia
    Georgia
    Cummans
    Sweden, Norway
    Kievan Rus, Novogrod
    Abbsaid Caliphate
    Kwaresham
    Lithuania

This is taking in account mods that start on 1080. I did some research, trying to get into modding...

I say add more Eastern Europe and Islamic factions. Western Europe is pretty much set already, but the East is just left for who ever can send out armies the fastest making it no fun. Lately Poland has been #1 in my campaigns because they can grab alot of territory unopposed throughout the whole campaign, if Poland doesn't make it out of the starting blocks, Russia takes the cake. I want to see some action in Eastern Europe so adding Lithuania, and make it pagan, would add some flavour.

I'm not knowing at all about Islamic factions at that time, but adding 2-3 to the region would really spice things up.

Adding anything else to Western Europe would be pointless considering all that is already going on there in vanilla.

More factions would be more fun because then expansion would be difficult and alliances and politics would be key. Thunder rolling through a region just isn't fun... after awhile...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast