Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: People that make me lose hope in humanity

Eric's Avatar Praepositus

Default People that make me lose hope in humanity

I met someone today. A very... ignorant someone. The kind of person who makes you lose all hope in the future of the human species. You see, it was history class. We were working our way through the glory days of the British Empire. I believe we were discussing the 1870s, the Zulu War in particular. To give the class a break from notes, our teacher brought in the 1964 classic 'Zulu'. After the film, the teacher asked for questions. One blonde bimbo sitting in the back of the class put up her hand and said
    "Uh, yeah, why did the Brits dress like such, you know, fags! I mean come ON they're so fruity!"
    And in an instant, the mixture of disrespect for history, misunderstanding of history and sheer bad grammar brought all my hopes for humanity crashing down. And the worst part of it, that girl has an A in history.

Tell me, fellow members of the forum, is there any hope for the human race if such stupidity is allowed to exist, exist and thrive for God's sake! Any hope at all for our future?
    Better to stand under the Crown than to kneel under a Flag

Life is fleeting, but glory lives forever! Conquer new lands, rule over the seas, build an empire! World Alliances

Default Re: People that make me lose hope in humanity

they call them britfags for a reason. Namely that fag is just commonly used to describe something foreign or strange.

and it doesnt matter if she is stupid, if she can cook dinner or be pretty enough to be in the chief's harem, she will perpetuate humanity.

dude, i do..not..know. History has always been my favorite subject, the main reason being it's the only subject that has existing rules of conduct and an answer sheet ready to read. I don't like math, but i don't hate on it because it's extremely valuable to mankind, and that part I understand. The only thing I can think of and often hope for in these situations is she was going for a small social chuckle. If not, then we are in fact doomed.

She might have just been making an attempt at humor.

You mentioned she had an A; is your history class one of those where doing trivial homework assignments is enough to get a good grade? I've always detested those types of "teachers" myself. 'Course, I suppose it's possible that the girl actually is intelligent (asking one dumb question isn't enough for us to judge for certain).

Katrina's Avatar Brrrrrrr...

Great scotts you guys.

That's how everyone I know is, all my friends. It's nothing new, it's just the "cool" way to talk and act.

She could probably care less about history. She could probably tell you nothing about it except whats in the curriculum. She has an A because she wants to get into college and have a nice life with nice things.

Forget about her.

I didn't understand what was wrong with her question.
    Sponsored by the Last Roman

Indefinitely Banned

cull the herd
    nature knows it is necessary
    the religious, strangely, seem to understand it has to be done

today or someday, the choices WILL have to be made
    I'd rather it was in some orderly, patient fashion, than the quickfix of a new adolf somewhere in the long from now

Yeah its a fad at my friends school for girls to act "blonde" and stupid and ask pointless questions.

They will grow out of it....hopefully
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Khosson's Avatar Miles

Well for me not the stupid people make me lose hope in humanity.The pure evil people(like pedophiles for example) do that for me,but that's annother subject.

People should be less judgmental,i mean sure she's stupid but does she really need history?Like most of us don't need fashion.And besides,everybody is to some extent ignorant.

Katrina said it better than me.

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

If you're good looking you can get away with anything .

Oh and not all blondes are complete morons *points at himself*.

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I met someone today. A very... ignorant someone. The kind of person who makes you lose all hope in the future of the human species. You see, it was history class. We were working our way through the glory days of the British Empire. I believe we were discussing the 1870s, the Zulu War in particular. To give the class a break from notes, our teacher brought in the 1964 classic 'Zulu'. After the film, the teacher asked for questions. One blonde bimbo sitting in the back of the class put up her hand and said
    "Uh, yeah, why did the Brits dress like such, you know, fags! I mean come ON they're so fruity!"
    And in an instant, the mixture of disrespect for history, misunderstanding of history and sheer bad grammar brought all my hopes for humanity crashing down. And the worst part of it, that girl has an A in history.

Tell me, fellow members of the forum, is there any hope for the human race if such stupidity is allowed to exist, exist and thrive for God's sake! Any hope at all for our future?
    My dear friend Eric! i too had the same issues in my A level history class! i was the "know it all" guy that the teacher always refered to when everyone else failed miserably to answer a question... yet i have had steady Cs throughout in essays (im just **** at them..give me a verbal debate and i pwn the lot of them) while utterly clueless people somehow manage to swipe A's every ****ing time.

theres too many idiotic things theyve come up with in the 2 years of the course to go through here..

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

I'll echo Katrina's statement. Just like gay, fags is generic. And fruity is a matter of opinion. Jesus, I spam the words gay and fag daily. Usually in reference to the meanings "unlikeably" or "stupid." It's like saying that calling people retards is making fun of retards.

People need to get with the times.

And ehh... they ARE fruity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen_Angmar View Post
    I'll echo Katrina's statement. Just like gay, fags is generic. And fruity is a matter of opinion. Jesus, I spam the words gay and fag daily. Usually in reference to the meanings "unlikeably" or "stupid." It's like saying that calling people retards is making fun of retards.

People need to get with the times.

And ehh... they ARE fruity.
    you actually use fag, what are you 12?

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Dinadan View Post
    Yeah its a fad at my friends school for girls to act "blonde" and stupid and ask pointless questions.

They will grow out of it....hopefully
    i hope so

Curtana's Avatar Semisalis

Blond or possibly blonde. BLOND/E.
    No further input required.
    Last edited by Curtana; June 12, 2007 at 06:50 AM.
    I don't drink water fish **** in it. W.C. Fields

I always advise people never to give advice. P.G. Wodehouse

You. All you do is moan.

Angmar_nite's Avatar Domesticus
    Spearheading the 57000 dollar average salary invasion!!!!!!! CHINA WILL DOMINATE YOU ALL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carach View Post
    you actually use fag, what are you 12?
    14. Yet as you can see on these boards, I can also argue out points intelligently. Sent all your stereotypes crashing to the ground eh.

And dinadan. I don't get that as much in high school but it makes for hilarious moments frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapax
    I guess in modern russia, tank builds you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyam Popat View Post
    You. All you do is moan.

life is like a box of chocolates....

Quote Originally Posted by Gen_Angmar View Post
    damn, i was gonna say 14 originally, but even i grew out of using the world fag before then... 12 is close enough

uncanny ability i have here.

catintheoven's Avatar Senator

hahahaha she made a valid statement, you people are just overeacting, when you watched 300 did you laugh at the speedos. yes you did, exactly

In the UK we are a democracy one day in four years when we elect our oligarchy

antares24's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

lol why you take so personally such a thing
    first there are a lot of people that are not stupid, just ignorant.
    And if she's really stupid, well, why care? Intelligent woman are always better, and you should try to stay with one of them, but stupid ones are usually easyer to get, so they have their place in humanity too
    About grades, from mine esperience they thell nothing about what a person really know.
    One can only memorize the lesson for that work and get an A without knowing nothing about history in general so.....
    And am i mistaken or in the anglosaxon world there is the equation blonde=stupid?
    Factum est illud, fieri infectum non potest

"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn’t even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast