Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why hasn't the U.S.A had a black president yet

Yakov's Avatar Tiro

Default Why hasn't the U.S.A had a black president yet

Didn’t blacks live in America for more than 100 years? In addition, didn’t they get the same rights as whites in the 60s the one with Martin Luther King? Maybe because they are just a minority I heard there less than 50% of the population of America. Then does that mean because White Americans just vote for people of there own race which are the whites and since whites make up the majority of the population then white people always win. So it would be fair why not ban white people from running for president in the next election after 08?
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; June 14, 2007 at 10:01 PM. Reason: I just couldn't take the misspelled title any longer! lol =)

If you're robbing a bank and you're pants fall down, I think it's okay to laugh and to let the hostages laugh too because, come on, life is funny.

Goudvinger's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Why hassent the U.S.A had a black president yet

Because all black people in America are rappers

I do not think there are any solid boundaries to stop an African-American becoming President in our times.

Obama stands a good chance if he was just a little more experienced i would say with confidence he will be the next pres

I think we will see a minority president in our lifetime.

i think its just generally the right candidate has not come up yet. If a black man runs against a white man, and the people pick the white man purely because of his skills and credentials, then america will be branded racist. If they pick the black man, they will be branded 'politically correct'. It's a vicious circle.

I'm sure if a black man ran, and he was a good candidate, he would have no trouble getting into office. Unless he missed the presidential debate because he was rapping (jokes. we cool, g? )

Rubbish. The reason we have secret voting is so people can actually make a decision for themselves without being called anything.

Simple because until Obama no electable, positive black person has attempted to run for President. Cant win if dont run and someone like Jackson and Sharpton wouldnt have been elected if they were the two whitest people on the planet.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    I think we will see a minority president in our lifetime.
    Well since the major candidates are a woman (not exactly a minority but you know what I'm saying), an Italian and an Afro-American it's pretty obvious.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

The reason is the quality of Black candidates that ran. The last two Black candidates were the unhonorable Jesse Jackson and the unhonorable Al Sharpton, both racist leaders. White Americans are not going to vote for men who claim they are the root of all evil.

Colin Powell has the potential for becoming the first Black president but his wife won't let him run due to fears of racist remarks coming from Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and their group. Racist remarks such as "oreo" and "house ***********"
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Yakov's Avatar Tiro

Theres obama but then theres hillary, So america is either going to have a first woman president or African American president. I dont think the only way bush can still be president if he declares himself dictator for life or something.

If you're robbing a bank and you're pants fall down, I think it's okay to laugh and to let the hostages laugh too because, come on, life is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakov View Post
    Theres obama but then theres hillary, So america is either going to have a first woman president or African American president. I dont think the only way bush can still be president if he declares himself dictator for life or something.
    Which result in the first president shot by his bodyguard (Bush declaring himself dictator)...

We also have John McCain and Rudi Guiliani running. Hillary is not going to get elected.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

I don't like Clinton. But better a Democrat than a Republican, as much as I like McCain, most of the time.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

please america, dont bring clinton in. she's always throwing talk at mothers that "games are evil"

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Quote Originally Posted by Yakov View Post
    Sigh, Bush cant do that even if his secret life long dream was to be His Majesty the Royal Imperial Emperor of the Kingdom of Texas. You'd have better luck walking out into middle of Manhattan street and declaring yourself to be the second coming of Jesus Christ and being accepted then any President Bush or otherwise achieving such a thing as 'dictator'. And in case you didnt know Obama and Hillary arent the only two people running for President, there are several people named Mccain, Rudy and (most likely) Thompson who will have a say in that.

Well whoever gets the Republican nomination should do their best to try to get Powell's wife to let him run for VP.

I tihnk that America will have a minority president within the next 50 years.

On Obama, he isnt even black! He is East African which is part Arab and black while he is also half white. At the most he is only 25% black.

Quote Originally Posted by arfrisco View Post

On Obama, he isnt even black! He is East African which is part Arab and black while he is also half white. At the most he is only 25% black.
    No it isn't.

Obama is not aligning himself with the Rainbow Coalition and Al Sharpton so they're attacking his Blackness as payback.
    Last edited by Farnan; June 14, 2007 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arfrisco View Post
    American already has a minority president, George Bush since males only make up like 48% of the US population Helll JFK was a big time minority, white Catholic Irishmen.

Obama is not aligning himself with the Rainbow Coalition and Al Sharpton so they're attacking his Blackness as payback.
    Which reinforces Sharpton doesn't get it or rather he does he just cant exploit it otherwise. He wants a "Black President" while american wont accept a "Black President" it will however accept a President who is black or hispanic or a woman or whatever. That is the flaw people like Sharpton fail to get.

I honestly wish colon powell had run instead of bush can you imagine how much better the world would be?

Why not a Mexican?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast